Ramsey

I agree but do you start him or bring him on?

I don't think we can presume to have the luxury of introducing him when the game is won for 30 minutes. So is it a better idea to give him the first 45 minutes?
I’d have him on from start, he’s a senior player and give him 45. Soon see if he’s at it or not, he’s a world class player and should coast in SPFL.

Can see him getting 20 minutes on Sunday then hopefully 45mins then a start

He made it clear he needs to be built up to fitness
Much rather see a player of his quality start the game at it's highest tempo and give all he's got for 45 mins than getting game time at the end. He played for Wales after not getting game time for Juve and he looks like someone who has always looked ready to play despite lack of game time. Him and Jack starting would be a big lift.

Has he been injured? Just wondering why he has been considered unfit. I thought he just needed matches for match fitness.

Only way to get match for is to play matches, surely 2 starts would be better? If it’s 45 minutes then fine, 60 great! Needs to start if conceivably possible

If he can get 30 on Sunday & 60 against Hibs then against Annan he could be close to where we really need him ?

Give him the opening 45 atleast then go from there. Playing matches is the best way to build match fitness.

Needs to start on Sunday. No point taking a guy like this on loan to warm a bench.

I would start him, even if only 50% fit. However, he said in a pre game interview on Wednesday that he needed a couple of weeks.

I would start him, even if only 50% fit. However, he said in a pre game interview on Wednesday that he needed a couple of weeks.
Not quite sure why this is. I assume he has been training full time with Juventus. The only issue should be match fitness, which he will only get if he plays games.

Even if we only get 60mins out of him to start, its likely more than Kamara or Lundstram will give us in 90

Not quite sure why this is. I assume he has been training full time with Juventus. The only issue should be match fitness, which he will only get if he plays games.

Even if we only get 60mins out of him to start, its likely more than Kamara or Lundstram will give us in 90

He had covid on 11th Jan so it's likely he didn't train for a while.

Think Gio might start him. Think the celtic result has forced that.

Interesting, the thought did cross my mind but then does it all seem a bit desperate from gio? ramsey wont have 90mins in him whatever happens and hearts will be right on it from the start as the blueprint will be from wed could be tough one without that match sharpness

Would be surprised if that is not the approach. I expect Jack to get 60 minutes and Ramsey to make his first start against Hibs

I’d think that makes most sense JD.

These 2 wins are vital to us, and getting Jack & Ramsey match fit too would set us up for the fight in the months ahead.

I've never understood that. For me strongest team go out win game. Replace these players as they tire and game is well controlled. Id rather see that than come off the bench with pressure to win a losing game
If he comes off the bench and we’re winning it’ll allow him to pick up match sharpness whilst not having to over do it.

Remember he’s not played in a couple of months and hasn’t trained the past few weeks until he joined us, it’s unlikely he’s going to start straight away.

Never know, the sports science team and Gio might think he’s good to go from the start!

A half fit Ramsey surely can’t make us any worse. The ghost of Nico Kranjcar would have improved our midfield on Wednesday night.

Should be starting against hearts, even if it’s only for 45 mins, would rather we got that from the start than 30 mins at the end of the game.

Having seen Ryan Jack play in the second half with more or less the same control calmness and aplomb he showed before the injury, on reflection he really should have started the game.
He would have been much less a gamble in that atmosphere than the lad from United.
Jack plays like a Rolls Royce, if he wasn’t so injury prone i’d be surprised if he didn’t get picked up by a top 6 PL side. IMHO he is our most missed player this season by a country mile.

Ramsey should start. With 5 subs, we can change things later. He's not going to have many games for us anyway, so weeks to get bedded in can't happen.

Needs to hit the ground running and quickly
This.

I think of his loan spell not in terms of months, but in terms of games.

We have him for a maximum of 14 league games and a maximum of 4 Scottish Cup games.

It isn’t a lot. We have to play him as much as we can.

I know it's completely unrealistic and I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I have the highest hopes for Ramsey and expect him to carry us through a few games.

So the spine on Wednesday; Bassey (out of Position), Kamara (half arsed), Itten (not good enough for Rangers).

Sunday will be Balogun, Jack, maybe Ramsay too and Alfie. I'll go out on a limb here and say we might see an uptick in performance.
Itten? What game did you watch on Wednesday? haha

I think the result on Wednesday forces him to start and play probably the first half, maybe 60 mins. If we had got a draw then I reckon he would be on the bench.

Back