Ranger UEFA licence in 2011 still under consideration by SFA

TheLoyalDug

The Scotsman has no credibility. Comic of a paper, more laughed at than the sun these days. Wonder what sports journalists work for them? Riddy, would rather be on the brew.

Partickger

It’s a shame they don’t treat much more serious matters as seriously as their anti-Rangers agenda.

Banana republic of Scotland.

Drumchapel-Bear

I may not be 100% on this but my recollection is at the time of application this tax liability was in dispute or under discussion with a resolution to be expected.
I understand there are other clubs who at that time were in the same position with their relevant tax authorities.
Our tax bill may have eventually gone unpaid due to some of Murray's companies including the Rangers holding company going into liquidation.
The crucial point being at the time of the UEFA application the tax bill was not unpaid but under discussion with the authorities so was perfectly ligit.
Someone like @deedle will be able to clarify but I am certain this will be about the so called ''Wee Tax Case'' wherby Murray had agreed to settle a bill with HMRC for a couple of million quid. When Craig Whyte bought the club for £1, one of the conditions of the sale was that he settled the ''Wee Tax Case'' with HMRC. Whyte got in the door, never paid a thing to HMRC right up until he put us into admin in February, all the while The Wee Tax Bill was accruing interest and penalties along with the ongoing Big Tax Case.

Coatbridge Chancellor

There's a few panty wetters in here.
Remember the facts: it would cost hundreds of thousands of pounds to take this to CAS, risking UEFA intervention in the SFA, in order to fine us a few thousand pounds.
It is NOT going to happen.

Coops2016

The question the board should ask is why he feels the need to publicly comment on an ongoing investigation with a member club .

TN8

There's a few panty wetters in here.
Remember the facts: it would cost hundreds of thousands of pounds to take this to CAS, risking UEFA intervention in the SFA, in order to fine us a few thousand pounds.
It is NOT going to happen.
Yep.

Still though, the Scotsman have done their job for the day. Rangers supporters in an online frenzy and less coverage of you know what.

BrownBrogues

100% certain.

Be it this or points deduction for our fans singing.

We are looking at a points deduction this season.
I believe only punishment open to them was a fine of £5K or expulsion. Anyway we told them to ram it because 5 ways agreement was binding that no further action could or would be taken over Whytes tenure.

But it cost them £500k to take us to CAS

Last edited:

Porto Loyal

Remind me, how many League runner-up spots did Hibs or DUtd get in our absence ?
I suspect in Petrie's case, it was partially fuelled by what he saw as us 'stealing' their best players with money we shouldn't have had (in his eyes). He ran/runs Hibs parimoniously and the fact we took players like Murray, Thompson, Whittaker whilst exploiting the tax system rankled. They also saw the chance to redistribute the funds in the SPL without the blocking votes from us and them. They were shafted in that by Aberdeen siding with the scum

BrooklynBlue

It's little wonder the game is in the doldrums. The national team lurches from one failure to the next. But hey, the SFA need to address the important things first...

At some point, the Club needs to address it publicly.

Govan Ger

The whole agenda is brought on by the parkpeed club and their tarrier fans, they mention it at every AGM they have,king and co have a few bullets to fire back about the child abuse cover up and why the SFA have had no inquiry about it.

SmileyBear

A good cover-up for the real shame in Scottish football the rape of children in the care of the filth no license revoked/reviewed for this terrible crime.

The Ranger

Wait till the #CelticKnew bandwagon rolls up at petries door. They are all still in denile, because their friends in the media ain't challenging them. The UEFA licence story is just the media's way of deflecting thing's for their pals