Match Thread Rangers 1-0 St Mirren - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv - Highlights in Post #1

2-0 and three points.

I don't expect it to be a classic and I expect St. Boo to put up more of a fight than most people think they will.

Start as though there are 10 mins to go and its 0-0

High intensity and pulverise them

3 0

We need an early goal or I think we’re looking at the same type of game we saw agains Killie at Ibrox on Boxing Day. Especially after the “two buses” comments.

With fellow posters trying to get back to the lounge, how mental will this thread become.

Every thread just now has hundreds more posts than usual

An early goal followed by an onslaught to get the ball rolling again. Couldn't ask for a much simpler game than St. Mirren at home to get going.

This is a massive game, but then every game is now. I expect a strong performance and a comfortable win. I’ll go for 3-0.

Hopefully a strong start to settle us down, too often we struggle after a break do I'm hoping that was last week's game.

3-0

Can't make it due to work but I've passed my ticket on. Gutted. Again, 3 points all that matters but it would be nice to score a few goals. You never know, GD could be crucial.

Another benefit of us scoring early is it will ramp up the tension from the stands at their game.
The hobos have been on a hair trigger since the 29th.

Without Morelos I would normally be a bit worried but after the performance away to Hibs in December then I'm confident in Defoe leading line. Just changes our play style a bit

1-0 with a 95th minute penalty will do me as long as we get 3 points and don’t blow what we achieved at the piggery
Agreed. The memory of Killie last year is still fresh. Although I do think the team is stronger mentally this year.

We simply can't throw away another hard fought victory against the scum because of errors against the weaker teams. Be professional, get the job done. Will take 1-0 all day long.

Last edited:
I noticed they have only lost once in there last 5 games, could it be harder than we think? Really need to start well with a few goals.

I’m the eternal pessimist, so Iim going for a cagey 2-0 win, I’m always nervous when Alfie isn’t playing.

Early goal is a must tonight. Crowd could get edgy without one.

A crowded box...Jacko to score 1st from outside the box, another bullet from Nico, then stress-less 2nd half for all those listening-in :-o

Last season Hibs and St Johnstone (I think) were at Ibrox and look what happened.

The game tonight has the potential to be extremely difficult trying to break St Mirren down without Morelos unless we get that early goal. Also I remember the Kilmarnock game at home on Boxing Day.

Looking forward to this tonight - feels like a long time since 29 December. As we learnt last season at this time, even a 1-0 win will do

I fear this will be a very tight, nervous game that will need patience on and off the park.
9 behind the ball opposition, loads of time wasting, and loads of frustration.

The kind of game that champions find ways to win, and bottle gets questioned if points get dropped.

I think the same, but hope I am way off the mark. We are terrible at trying to break ultra defensive teams down. I predicted 2-0 on Friday night, as I had a feeling we would struggle to find any space.
As you say, this is where players that want to be Champions need to find a way through as there are going to be a lot of games like this between now and the end of the season and pressure is going to build, the closer we get.

Last season Hibs and St Johnstone (I think) were at Ibrox and look what happened.

The game tonight has the potential to be extremely difficult trying to break St Mirren down without Morelos unless we get that early goal. Also I remember the Kilmarnock game at home on Boxing Day.

Agree that if we can score early, then it might be a different ball game.

Back