Match Thread Rangers 1-0 St Mirren - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv - Highlights in Post #1

Last season Hibs and St Johnstone (I think) were at Ibrox and look what happened.

The game tonight has the potential to be extremely difficult trying to break St Mirren down without Morelos unless we get that early goal. Also I remember the Kilmarnock game at home on Boxing Day.
Thats the spirit bringing in two games from last season and a game we won this season, talk about covering your bases:).comfortable 2-0 for me.

Itching to get to Ibrox tonight, wonder how the players must feel.

It's in our hands, no slip ups tonight, Rangers. Three points and on to Tynecastle.

Expecting a Kilmarnock-esque performance from St. Mirren tonight.

Yep the early goal would make all the difference. I reckon Kent & Aribo are key to breaking them down.

Going into the last 20 minutes, with crowd moaning like fck, needing a goal and bringing on Ojo doesn’t bare thinking about.
Thats the spirit bringing in two games from last season and a game we won this season, talk about covering your bases:).comfortable 2-0 for me.
I am covering nothing the reality is Ibrox can be a very difficult place for the team to perform if we don’t get that all important early goal.

As for this years Boxng Day match, which we you point out we won, it was far from being comfortable

Also there will be no Alfredo to come on and bale us out this time if things didn’t work out.

If we start with high tempo don’t see any reason why it won’t be 4 or 5 then we put a marker down to the scum who keep thinking we will fade away

Big game for us, we were rusty after the break last year and were really poor against Stranraer. Could do with roaring back to our best tonight ahead of Sunday.

I will take 1-0 right now. I am worried that without Morelos and Tav we will be lacking our full cutting edge. St Mirren will be parking the bus which we have had difficulty in overcoming before and i hope that the fans dont become frustrated if we havent scored in the first 20 minutes.
We need to start at a high tempo as no team in our league can handle us when we do. Kent, Barisic and Jack need to have their shooting boots on tonight to support DeFoe. Katic needs to repeat his scoring from corers as he did against the smellies.

They already said they'll be out to frustrate tonight. It will be up to us to counter that, an early goal will make a huge difference. Support for our forwards will be important.

2-0 to the Glasgow Rangers tonight,high tempo from us,and would like to see our midfield contribute to scoring.
No injuries please.

I will take 1-0 right now. I am worried that without Morelos and Tav we will be lacking our full cutting edge. St Mirren will be parking the bus which we have had difficulty in overcoming before and i hope that the fans dont become frustrated if we havent scored in the first 20 minutes.
We need to start at a high tempo as no team in our league can handle us when we do. Kent, Barisic and Jack need to have their shooting boots on tonight to support DeFoe. Katic needs to repeat his scoring from corers as he did against the smellies.

Good summary of how I’d like the game to go tonight. A lot of Bears thinking we’ll put goals past them but I still think it’ll be a tight game so 1-0 might not be too far away. I hope I’m wrong though.

Can see it being a hard one to watch tonight, unless we get a very early goal.

St Mirren are actually decent at what they do defensively, would be higher up the table if they had any sort of attacking threat.

Without Morelos & Tav it will be tough. Hence why Patterson needs to play as we’ll have almost all the possession, it will be a case of trying to break them down.

Yet some would pick a defensive full back who gets a nose bleed if he goes beyond the half way line. Crazy.

Early goal to set us up.
go for 3-0 tonight. Can’t see them showing any attacking intent.

Hopefully the players that featured against Stranraer got whatever that was out of their system as it was so dull and one paced, very unlike us.

Could be a bit of a slog without Tav and Morelos. Although Barisic and Kent being back will make a big difference.

Happy with 3 points. Happier with 3 points and clean sheet. Happiest with 3 points; clean sheet and a 3 goal margin at least.

I have to rush home to catch this tonight so i hope it is worth it.

3 Points and a couple goals up early would be my ideal scenario.

I have really missed this over the last few weeks and the Stranraer game didn't really help much!

As always a win any win just the 3 points and no suspensions reds or yellows nor injuries hopefully Defoe finds his shooting boots tonight

You might want to delete the post quoting the picture then @ID10

I apologise for sharing your “banter” but maybe if you don’t like people talking about it you should take that into consideration before sharing it with almost 4000 folk, what do you think will happen? Hardly pathetic.

Looking at their results they are all over the place. They even let in 5 against hearts. They'll be up for it tonight and I think a tight game.

One of the more awkward home games for me, as Goodwin has them very well organised.

Hopefully we get an early goal, but if we don't then we need to stay patient.

3-0.

You might want to delete the post quoting the picture then @ID10

I apologise for sharing your “banter” but maybe if you don’t like people talking about it you should take that into consideration before sharing it with almost 4000 folk, what do you think will happen? Hardly pathetic.
TBF to @ID10 he has constantly asked for people not to share his personal account, as he said it’s perso for a reason. Agreed though, he may want to delete the quoted message as you can still see the screenshot.

With fellow posters trying to get back to the lounge, how mental will this thread become.

Every thread just now has hundreds more posts than usual
Don’t worry, it’ll just be a passing phase. (158)

It is pathetic

It’s a locked account, private because I have a laugh, don’t take things serious & it’s my own account. There’s clearly laughing faces etc & everyone else has saw it as banter

You trying to pass it off as teamnews then quoting me is brutal

Dry your eyes man.

It’s not the first time you’ve posted stuff on there that’s came to fruition whether that be team news or signing news. I was maybe naive to believe anything you posted regarding the team was true, there was certainly no harm meant in forwarding the tweet on as i thought it was genuine. I’ll not be sharing any of your banter in future.

TBF to @ID10 he has constantly asked for people not to share his personal account, as he said it’s perso for a reason. Agreed though, he may want to delete the quoted message as you can still see the screenshot.

I’ve obviously missed him asking that, like i’ve said above i won’t be sharing anything else.

had a dream last night that we won 3-0 and the filth got beat 2-1 - now that would make a good evening for us!

Fowards and midfielders need to take turns at getting closer to Defoe, as he's obviously a different kind of striker than Morelos. We play narrow with AM, think we'll need width with JD.
Plus St Boo will sit in tight, which they can be good at to be fair.
Like every game, I'll take 1-0, no injuries, no suspensions..

Back