Match Thread Rangers 1-0 St Mirren - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv - Highlights in Post #1

Great to get three points but performances starting to concern. If we struggle to overpower Stranraer and St Mirren without Tavernier & Morelos, the concern is how that goes against a Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc.

The Gaffer needs to consider if he's going to ship out Ojo and Jones and get a real piece of attacking midfield quality.

Hearts on Sunday will be a good test that'll give us all the answers.

3 points and we move on. We've played better games where we've had loads of chances and drew games.

Winning mentality.

We need to get up to speed quick.

I don't care how poor hearts are just now, away to them is never easy. Need a sharp improvement for Sunday.

Defoe does not look good in the Alfie role despite the goal. Good player but not a good replacement for Alfie in our team.

Very poor performance ........ thought we were in for a rerun of last year this time. Three points the main thing though. We need to shake off this New Year hangover and quickly. We definitely need to look at getting another back up striker this window. Defoe is good but we need a striker who an offer something a bit different, when things need to be changed, like tonight.

That was dull as dishwater. On the plus side, I managed to finish a couple of crosswords. And the 3 points, of course.

Happy with the 3 points. Disappointed to having viewed the Match Thread. Unbearable, and not pleasurable.

Conclusion we need another style of strike option, or a #10?!!!?

Think people should see now how much tav brings to our side. I would've honestly played Patterson instead of flanagan at least he offers a similar style to how we normally play

Gerrard will let them know that it's good we got the 3 points but more needs to be done. He expects a certain level of performance and that wasn't delivered tonight.

Turgid 2nd half. We only played well for the spell from about 20mins till about 40mins in the 1st half.

We are a totally different proposition with Defoe rather than Morelos & it shows when he is shoehorned into a 4-3-3.

Otherwise Flanagan was notably useless in their half, our midfield 3 were too deep a lot of the time & I didn't like that Jack was asked to be deepest given the season he has had being more of an no.8 (I wonder if he was carrying a knock).

Sometimes you have to grind out wins but I'm sure Gerrard wont be happy

Every season there is a team in the league who are shit and we struggle against them every game, looks like this season’s candidate are St Mirren, two rotten games so far.
Mind you 6 points are very welcome.

Back