Match Thread Rangers 1-0 St Mirren - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv - Highlights in Post #1

Tht was a shocker tbh. Think the main problem was we had zero presence up top which is ironic since defoe won it for us. It shows what morelos gives us though. He causes problems for defences.

I felt that defoe was trying to get involved in the play in areas he didnt have to.

If he had stayed in the penalty box I'm convinced he would have had a couple.

My feed was perfect tonight did you have your feed set at 1080p instead of auto? Others have found that this helps.

I'll have to try that for the next game.

Updated my VPN in December, worked a treat, then this update to RTV has changed the game up.

Chelsea's Abraham got injured last night, can't see them letting Giroud go now. It would be unbelievable if Rangers weren't trying to get somebody in. Stewart wasn't even on the bench tonight, he's capable of scoring the odd goal at Ibrox.

Three points earned wasn't great to watch though, definitely think we need another striker.

Glad that’s over and with a win of course!
Quite rightly we are disappointed with the performance but what do the St Mirren supporters think their team brought to the spectacle? Probably pleased enough despite their atrocious contribution not to have conceded more.

Load of shite from the BBC match report:

"But they stuck to their task despite a lack of possession and forced Rangers to survive some late pressure."

They had one header. Hardly surviving. The fans surviving the boredom was a bigger task than Rangers having to hang in there.

Bad game, bad performance but a good 3 points.

Hopefully the last couple of games have shown that we need to add some sort of quality in that final 3rd or we will pay for it eventually.

Ojo probably did more in 15 minutes than he has shown in most matches for us so that is the only positive for me tonight.

I'll take that, win v.v.v ugly gets as many points as a proper performance. Need to step it up at the weekend though

Hard to watch that, glad of the 3 points but we need better than that to win the title. Lacked spark and it’s games like that we want Kent to step up with some magic. Hopefully better game on Sunday.

3 points the the main thing. Worried about our right side without Tav. Hope the Tav doubters can now see he is a main player in our team.
better get the finger out for Hearts away on sun. Come on the Gers.

That was turgid. Totally missing any spark. Disappointed that Kent couldn't do more by running at them directly and/or shooting from outside the box. Oh how we miss Alfie to give defences a hard time but well done Defoe for the 3 points.

Tav was certainly missed.

(He's had more positive mentions on this thread tonight than he gets when he's playing!)

Seen that game at Ibrox dozens of times over the years. Just good to win.

My only input is that was depressing to watch. We struggle without Tav and Alfie big time. Players need to step up and deal with situations like this big time as Hearts away won't be easy. I'm concerned if I'm honest after tonight. But it was 3 points.

Tough game but got the 3 points.
Will take a 1-0 in next couple of games to get the form back.
Hladky a good keeper btw.
Onwards and upwards Rangers C'Mon!

The winter breaks seems to do us no favors whatsoever
My theory is because we play (and train) with one touch, give and go, fast football, and the breaks seem to break our momento again, it doesn’t seem to be a style of football, which we can turn on and off, like a tap, need games to get up to speed again imo

Clean sheet for McCrorie
Looks like he only had a couple saves to make, one of them from a Michael O’Halloran. Of course that doesn’t say how busy he was with corners, crosses, etc.

In any game, if a goalkeeper keeps a clean sheet, it’s job done. Well done young McCrorie.

Chelsea's Abraham got injured last night, can't see them letting Giroud go now. It would be unbelievable if Rangers weren't trying to get somebody in. Stewart wasn't even on the bench tonight, he's capable of scoring the odd goal at Ibrox.

I expect if he had been fit he would have played at some point.

i think a couple of signings would be good psychologically here. freshen the squad up and get the existing players upping their game with more competition.

Back