Rangers are closing in on the signing of South African international Bongani Zungu - The Scotsman

Some of the comments on here are incredible yet highly predictable. Too much money. Hasn’t achieved anything. No resale value.
Yet these are the same people that don’t want us to bring in any more youngsters as we need experience.
A 27 year old international playing in one of the top leagues in Europe not good enough?
Love the transfer window on FF!!

Most of them wanted Morelos papped for Cumdog and Derek McInnes in the hot seat so you really can’t take them too seriously mate...

Fuuck Lewis Ferguson

Thats my input

tenor.gif

Our midfield isn't as good as people seem to think it is. If he improves it then that's good enough for me. We need players for now. Improvers in a season or two or thinking of a sell on value is not what is required.

Our team isn’t as good as people seem to think it is. From a technical view point we can be excellent, but when games get tight and the pressure goes up teams smell blood and see us as a soft touch. That has to change and most of the culprits aren’t weans who are going to grow and improve, so I for one welcome this move because we clearly need new faces.

Alarming record. Dont care how some want to dress it up. That is not what you want to see. Been stung by this too many times. On a free maybe you take the risk but at reported fee, or anywhere near it, no thanks.
Honestly I tend to agree, even if I do like the look of him.

He doesn't seem anywhere near as reliable enough.

Mario Gotze is available on a free transfer,just saying :D Will be a few clubs after him and his wages might be a problem,would improve our team instantly.

Some of the comments on here are incredible yet highly predictable. Too much money. Hasn’t achieved anything. No resale value.
Yet these are the same people that don’t want us to bring in any more youngsters as we need experience.
A 27 year old international playing in one of the top leagues in Europe not good enough?
Love the transfer window on FF!!

Trophies/ability over age/resale value. Not every signing will be 23 and sold on. 27/28 is prime time career, no issue with age.

Playing in Ligue 1 doesn't automatically make you a player - Lassana Coulibaly came from there, Damien Le Tallec holds down a place. Zungu wasn't exactly a regular.

I know nothing about the player but his stats and career to date don't quite match up with the price tag, I feel we should be aiming higher.

Zungu’s lack of appearances in recent seasons could be for a number of reasons. A quick google search shows that he was injured tail end of last year (around October).

Worth noting that before Goldson signed for us he also wasn’t getting played much through injury/his surgery then was replaced, he’s since gone on to be consistently our best defender. Stats are dangerously misleading when viewed without context

Mario Gotze is available on a free transfer,just saying :D Will be a few clubs after him and his wages might be a problem,would improve our team instantly.

Might sound strange because he has played at a totally different level and scored the decisive goal in a World Cup Final a few years ago - but the guy has looked absolutely finished every time I have seen him play over the last two seasons.

Might sound strange because he has played at a totally different level and scored the decisive goal in a World Cup Final a few years ago - but the guy has looked absolutely finished every time I have seen him play over the last two seasons.
Think I seen on here or on Twitter that he has some illness that causes him to be fatigued constantly, if that’s true it’ll only get worse as he gets older Id imagine

Goldson played; 43, 51, 28, 8 ( Brighton in the Championship), 8 (Brighton in the Premiership before heart surgery). He had Dunk and Duffy ahead of him. The German lad, Hunemeir too.

He looks a right good player that wont mind the physical side of scottish football.

Lot of money yes but mangement must be confident that if he signs it wont be long till hes worth 2 or 3 times that amount.

I've no knowledge of the guy, so I hope what you say is correct. Being up for the physical side of our game is absolutely vital as far as I am concerned.

If he’s DM then I’m not sure it’s where we should be paying out that cash. Better spent elsewhere

There are more positive comments about the paedos potential signings these days on here, says it all really.

That's because there's genuinely nothing to get excited about with this guy. He wasn't even a regular starter with Amiens last season.

If we were linked with Weissman or the likes there'd be plenty of positive comments - people just want good players signed, this guy has has nothing in his career to suggest that he is one & has it all to prove if he does sign.

If we were selling a player who made 9 starts last season for £3.5 million we'd be laughing. We have a far better squad than Amiens so it makes zero sense for anyone on this forum to be excited about a bit part player for them. Even the people who have watched him have yet to suggest anything great about this guy.

And for the folk saying "if he's good enough for Gerrard he's good enough for me"... really? How many pish signings has Gerrard made for us in his 2 seasons here? I'll put my faith in his signings because there's really no choice at this stage, but being signed by Gerrard does not guarantee that you're anything close to a good player I'm afraid.

We got rid of Lafferty more or less for sending a picture of his knob on Snapchat.

No fecking way are we signing what appears to be a wannabe Dirk Diggler.

He has a valid point though? I am sorry to post this but how many destroyers to the scum have? Because I can’t think of one? Which tells me we don’t need destroyers to win our league

So we've to sign guys based on YouTube videos.

That's my point mate.

I'll leave it to the management team rather than some unknown lady's front bottom with a YouTube account.

I always find it really strange that our support actively go and find reasons to justify their criticism of the club.

Guy hasn't even been here a year and this p*sh is put on here. So weird.
We were only discussing his starting date at Southampton. No one is slating him. No one at all.

And for the folk saying "if he's good enough for Gerrard he's good enough for me"... really? How many pish signings has Gerrard made for us in his 2 seasons here? I'll put my faith in his signings because there's really no choice at this stage, but being signed by Gerrard does not guarantee that you're anything close to a good player I'm afraid.
Helander, Kent, Aribo, Hagi, Barisic, Kamara, Katic, Davis and Arfield have all been his big outlays in terms of fees paid or wages. All have been a success.

Designated fringe players is where he's been questionable but we shouldn't be signing them to begin with

No complaints about his position. The midfield undoubtedly needs strengthening. However the fee being reported doesn't fill me with much hope of us bringing in much quality up front with the money we've already paid for Hagi, unless Morelos goes.

unbelievable amount of fuckwits on this forum, if we sign him, a great signing !
Maybe the fuckwits on this forum have the sense to be cautious over a player who has hardly kicked a ball in 3 yrs for his current team, injury prone and no experience of British football,they're are far better players out there who will become available for free.

I'd rather we took this guy on loan than pay over £3m for him to end up on a treatment table.

Is there also a need to refer to fellow members on here as fuckwits because they have a different opinion from you.

Our midfield isn't as good as people seem to think it is. If he improves it then that's good enough for me. We need players for now. Improvers in a season or two or thinking of a sell on value is not what is required.
Don’t know anyone who thinks our midfield is any good.

It’s agreed that it needs massively improved.

Helander, Kent, Aribo, Hagi, Barisic, Kamara, Katic, Davis and Arfield have all been his big outlays in terms of fees paid or wages. All have been a success.

Designated fringe players is where he's been questionable but we shouldn't be signing them to begin with

Wouldn’t really agree with that at all mate. For the fee paid for Kent, his performances in domestic competition have been absolutely miles off being acceptable. Hagi is only just in the door and also didn’t offer enough in our domestic games, Aribo has blown hot and cold, Kamara gets a pass for his fee being so low but was an absolute nightmare at times too and Arfield was horribly off form for ages and is another who just hasn’t really cut it when the goings got tough.

Katic i find it hard to include because he clearly doesn’t ever want to make him a regular starter and he’s used him as a bit of a punchbag, add to that Katic’s form has also nose dived twice in a way that it just can’t if you’re looking to win titles.

I know nothing about this guy and going only on the stats that have been posted on this thread he looks very much like both Kamara and Jack.

Neat and tidy in possession but not the most creative and given we play very much a possession based game then he may prove to be an upgrade at the base of the midfield.

Back