Rangers celebrations: top police officer promises more arrests

We should possibly have not went for the description celebration and called it a protest or a demonstration then it might have been policed differently.
Yes as it stands protests are legal as long as they are peaceful but this will be changing soon as the British government are trying to change the law on protests not sure if its good or bad.
A FOI request from someone that posted on here proves it was treated differently.
But it was condemned and the scale of people involved will make all the difference also they may be arrested but whether they are charged and prosecuted time will tell

I'll bet the fighting was from opposing groups who knew each other and the opportunity to hit out by some at the others was planned and not just a random thing.

I ain't sticking up for them but if they were trying to attack them would it not be more then 3 police officers injured

Well, looking at the videos, they had riot gear and shields up. I’d imagine it takes a bit more to hurt someone that’s wearing riot gear than your normal police uniform

Little or no comment on:

Gathering to support Palestine (and possibly a terrorist group)
Unruly gathering to obstruct police
Extremely violent gathering to get manager and board sacked
Gathering to wish Brown farewell

However:

Rangers fans gather to celebrate league win. Now that's a no no, can't have these unionists enjoying themselves.

This is what we are saddled with.
Nah mate, the usual bam element ruined it for us. We don’t have a leg to stand on. I’m willing to bet the majority of those causing disorder couldn’t name the Rangers starting eleven from yesterday.

Just out of interest here. I've not been watching videos of the event & I've seen a few photos, but nothing I found to be concerning.

To those who've been all around social media and seen most or all of the content, how many bodies are we talking about with regards to violent or other loony behaviour?

And how many were in attendance? Bumped into someone who'd been there at the shop yesterday evening and he said, "Must be 30,000," but that's a shot in the dark.

I'm asking because I'm seeing posts wanting the lot of them chucked in jail, and I can't justify such things given the image I posted at the top of the thread.

For example, if it was 30 out of 30,000, I'd suggest anyone wanting "all of them" locked up is at it.

Whereas if it was 200 out of 1,000 it'd still be wrong but perhaps a little more understandable!

The ones who have stepped over the line should be arrested
Aye. Whether its the case that we are treated worse than others or not, which may well be the case, these wee bams riotin and battering each other still deserve the jail.

I do understand the point you’re trying to make but I don’t agree with it.

If that had been Celtic fans fighting on the street, using bottles as weapons and trying to attack the police, you’d have threads on here calling them scum etc. Just because they’re Rangers fans doesn’t make them exempt to criticism

Are we policed differently? Possibly so, however that isn’t a carte blanche excuse to act in whatever way they want. Throwing missiles at Police and trying to attack them isn’t acceptable, if that makes me woke then so be it

Do not get me wrong, if people were firing things at the police then it is stupid and they will be arrested, and rightly so.

But some on here take great delight in posting about scum being arrested, only when it involves our support. It is pathetic the self loathing that some people have. They can't wait for an incident to occur, there was posts pre match yesterday basically creaming themselves at the thought. You would think Rangers was the only organisation or event to have any sort of ned type.

There is no doubt we are policed differently, and anyone that thought that today's papers would be all sunshine and lollipops about the club were living in fantasy. Even if incidents had not occured it would have been COVID, or a wee guy getting mugged, or something that would have been getting used against us.

People need to wake up and stop voting in the incompetent Mel Gibson party and maybe we would get a Police force that would be fair and even handed. The whole world and his dog knew there would be thousands there yesterday, any normal Police force would have had plans in place. But as others have posted, they acted like they were caught by surprise, deliberately so IMO.

Was it not the case that the last scum celebrations they were running around with police Officers hats duly presented to them by the very officers who were patrolling the area.

Just out of interest here. I've not been watching videos of the event & I've seen a few photos, but nothing I found to be concerning.

To those who've been all around social media and seen most or all of the content, how many bodies are we talking about with regards to violent or other loony behaviour?

And how many were in attendance? Bumped into someone who'd been there at the shop yesterday evening and he said, "Must be 30,000," but that's a shot in the dark.

I'm asking because I'm seeing posts wanting the lot of them chucked in jail, and I can't justify such things given the image I posted at the top of the thread.

For example, if it was 30 out of 30,000, I'd suggest anyone wanting "all of them" locked up is at it.

Whereas if it was 200 out of 1,000 it'd still be wrong but perhaps a little more understandable!

I constantly see the same single video of the same people fighting. I've seen a video of people chucking some stuff at the police. That's about it. I'd wager <100 were causing bother.

I'd say a few dozen from what I can gather.

Also, anyone saying 'lock them all up' is clearly talking about whoever participated in the violence, not the rest of the people.

agreed. As I said last night, the idiots involved yesterday have given our enemies the headlines and pictures they were craving. This government despises us, they were never going to miss this opportunity. The idiots last night have enabled our enemies to set the narrative.
The narrative was set anyway, so come off your high horse and give us a break.

Note the narrative when hibs won the cup. Rangers players attacked on the pitch, exuberance they called it.

No apologies, no regrets.

point out where I said they should?, I was replying to they guy who said there was no bother elsewhere, I suggest you read it again.
Fair enough I thought he was meaning the Palestine and home-office gathering.

Nah mate, the usual bam element ruined it for us. We don’t have a leg to stand on. I’m willing to bet the majority of those causing disorder couldn’t name the Rangers starting eleven from yesterday.
I totally agree with you and I hope those who let the side down get what’s coming.

But there is still a level of bias against us just for who we are.

I genuinely cannot believe (well I can because it is clearly to suit agendas) that people are surprised that the biggest team in the land win their first trophy in ten years (and a pretty historic one at that) and their fans party, congregate, some drink too much, some start fighting and people are shocked by this. It’s almost like these people have no concept of the real world, how things work, live in their bedrooms and never experience the real world.

So we had the same, or less, causing bother as the tims did at their anti-Lennon & anti-board stuff, which occurred on multiple occasions.

AND another 20-30k on top of that, who were enjoying a massively unexpected & long-overdue league success, in the most important season for ourselves and our greatest rivals in a quarter of a century.

Add on what our club went through, the silence from politicians before/during/after, the newspapers/politicians/hacks who previously proclaimed "Scottish football needs a strong Celtic" demanding we be punished and have titles stripped, Celtic being flush with Champions League money and a multi-million pound squad after years without competition, and the mountain that left us to climb.

This Rangers title is as out-of-the-blue and as great an achievement as Leicester's Premiership, or Porto's Champions League. All the odds, fair and unfair, cast to one side by a squad that couldn't hope to put out any more than half a team at best of players with any sort of meaningful transfer fee.

To deny them their day in the sun you'd have to be a massive Rangers hater, or an out-and-out Roman Catholic bigot.

So let's go 50 out of 25k. That'll be 0.2% of the crowd with questions to answer. For such an event, on such a momentous occasion, that's a pittance. Anyone who is calling for mass arrests or all those there to be nicked is taking the utter piss.

But let us not forget that earlier on this week our authorities suggested opening Hampden to a small number of those who at a very recent cup final indulged in a massive riot, with Rangers players assaulted, and even attempted to run at the Rangers fans disabled section before some Bears jumped the wall to get in front of them.

How did the SNP react that day?

Well, Nicola Sturgeon congratulated the lot of them.

That's what we're dealing with, and that's why the SNP must be run out of town.

See these holier than thou, signallers of virtue Rangers fans on here, really boil my piss.
You have a handful of people who behaved inappropriately, out of quite possibly, a hundred thousand Rangers fans who gathered to celebrate our 55th league title.....so because of that we should be all tarred with the thug brush.
No but the rabble who kicked off should be named and shamed . If they are season ticket holders they should be banned . Some people on here must know who they are

I've seen videos with dozens at it mate,but I wasn't there in fairness.
I've seen just as bad at music concerts and new years in George Square in years gone by.

It's not right though,those involved deserve all they get.
My problem is the demonising of the vast,vast majority of decent supporters who behaved impeccably.

True. But it's nowt compare to the rapefests and open air drug markets that most music festivals are and we don't get statements from the First Minister about them.
I see the relevance to the criminal behaviour at the scums hovel, but music festivals? don't get your point and there were innocent people in shops yesterday who were injured and had to close for the day due to the damage.

Let's condem these idiots for what they are, out and out scum and an embarrassment to the club.

A lot of guys on here missing the point ,.yes the perpetrators deserve to be arrested it guilty , but we don't seem to see the same keenness and effort to arrest at other events not involving Rangers supporters , just saying

True. But it's nowt compare to the rapefests and open air drug markets that most music festivals are and we don't get statements from the First Minister about them.
Bang on plus the annual pride festival where the city is left a mess including condoms lying around everywhere

Just seen a clip and I’ve got to be honest it was quite shocking,
My problem with the criticism is the fact they are lumping the majority in with the minority and that to me is the basis of bigotry in fact the very definition of bigotry

I've seen videos with dozens at it mate,but I wasn't there in fairness.
I've seen just as bad at music concerts and new years in George Square in years gone by.

It's not right though,those involved deserve all they get.
My problem is the demonising of the vast,vast majority of decent supporters who behaved impeccably.
Course they deserve all they get if they were fighting.

But contrast this when some religious nutjob goes bongo.

Politicians, papers, pundits, all queueing up to say, "Not all," as if we're all as bright as two in the morning and it has to be said.

As soon as a couple of dozen Bears drink too much and end up in a rammy, there's even folk in here calling for a town's-worth to be arrested when NINETY-NINE-POINT-NINE% doing nothing out of order.

The pro-Palestine demonstrators weren't warned. Why not, when you see things like this at UK demos? (I say that as someone who thinks you'd need a heart of stone not to sympathise with the ordinary punter in that place.)

Fcuk them. Everyone realised what was going to happen. They decided not to do what would have been best of all - allow rangers to open up the stadium if fans gathered.

Head in the sand stuff - or either this way and the aftermath suited them. They had no concern for anything to do with spreading Covid - that’s for sure,

As long as it’s the wee idiots fighting and causing bother who are getting lifted and not any of the 99% of bears who were there for a good time then I don’t really have a problem with it.

Police Scotland are no more than Shopping Mall security officers and Night Club doormen for the great unwashed and Nats under Nippy.
Unionists are treated differently as we know.

Reactions: TNT
20 arrests out of a crowd of 30,000 with a lot of drink taken, a lot better than a normal Saturday night in Glasgow City Centre.

lets not get it out of proportion here, yes there were some cu.nts determined to cause bother but every part of Scottish society has these Cun.ts, its being used as a political tool by the nationalists, dont fall for the propaganda.

Just seen a clip and I’ve got to be honest it was quite shocking,
My problem with the criticism is the fact they are lumping the majority in with the minority and that to me is the basis of bigotry in fact the very definition of bigotry
Clip of what ? I agree the sabre rattling and point scoring from the usual suspects is off the charts . If people are singing sectarian songs , they’ll be lifted , people fighting , lifted , apply the law . But you could have named a list of Rangers hating people who would jump on a bandwagon today on Twitter and sure enough up there come , jim Spence , Michael Stewart , haggerty , the proven sectarian bigot himself macghollabain, speirs , it’s the same list of people every single time desperate to demonise every Rangers supporter the world over because some neds can’t behave or hold their drink . Meanwhile these same people ignore Celtic fans doing the exact same things three years ago which led to mass brawls in the merchant city and their open top bus parade cancelled . The double standards and hatred spewing from these people on social media is scandalous .

Whenever RANGERS win a big game , do anything good , this same mob appear to try and dehumanise the whole Rangers fan base . Dimwits singing songs and throwing stuff at cops is an open goal for them , and hopefully they are dealt with , but until we see parity in the way these things are reported in comparison to other clubs fans, they will always be white noise having no effect . And it all stems from their own inner hatred of anything british , that’s the common theme .

The idiots fighting each other and chucking things deserve to be arrested and i hope they are. Some embarrassing scenes floating around social media today.
I get what you are saying, however the point remains that outside parkhead idiots where chucking things at players cars, and busses, breaking down fence barriers shouting in the face of officers, etc, and the police never came out and promised to make arrests.

Clip of what ? I agree the sabre rattling and point scoring from the usual suspects is off the charts . If people are singing sectarian songs , they’ll be lifted , people fighting , lifted , apply the law . But you could have named a list of Rangers hating people who would jump on a bandwagon today on Twitter and sure enough up there come , jim Spence , Michael Stewart , haggerty , the proven sectarian bigot himself macghollabain, speirs , it’s the same list of people every single time desperate to demonise every Rangers supporter the world over because some neds can’t behave or hold their drink . Meanwhile these same people ignore Celtic fans doing the exact same things three years ago which led to mass brawls in the merchant city and their open top bus parade cancelled . The double standards and hatred spewing from these people on social media is scandalous .

Whenever RANGERS win a big game , do anything good , this same mob appear to try and dehumanise the whole Rangers fan base . Dimwits singing songs and throwing stuff at cops is an open goal for them , and hopefully they are dealt with , but until we see parity in the way these things are reported in comparison to other clubs fans, they will always be white noise having no effect . And it all stems from their own inner hatred of anything british , that’s the common theme .
I don’t know how many Bears actually turned up at Ibrox/George Square but this was a very small minority throwing things at plod and it should have been reported as a small minority,

Was it not the case that the last scum celebrations they were running around with police Officers hats duly presented to them by the very officers who were patrolling the area.

One of their Scottish cup finals they were allowed to jump up and down on cop van roofs.

Must've been a financial year where new vans were being phased in from the ones at hampden.

Reactions: TNT
The bams knocking fúck out of each other and launching things at the polis should be arrested.

People at other gatherings weren’t doing that.
Agreed But ‘the bams’ says it all. There was probably around two percent of our actual support who live in Scotland there yesterday so around 98% of us did indeed stay away despite desperately wanting to be there. And of the 10,000 or so that were there 20 arrests made and a minority made trouble - probably as a result of being far too drunk. Any celebration, concert type gathering will leave a right mess. Much better for the authorities to have been set up in a way that fully anticipated a huge crowd and the facilities they would need. A less hostile approach which directed/supported/managed the situation might have saved the inevitable agro.
Having said all that I’m mad at the ‘don’t give a damns’ who are happy to blight us all.

The confrontation with the police took place in an area covered extensively by modern CCTV.
Very likely that the vast majority of people involved will be arrested, particularly if they are in the city centre regularly.

They'll be fucked, cameras everywhere. Arseholes anyway they deserve what they'll get.

Some of the scenes are shameful. No one can support the actions of this minority.

We have people on here say worse happens at festivals etc. I am sorry but who cares. This is involving the support of our team.

We knew that the government, media etc would be looking for an excuse and frankly some idiots have given it to them.

Could they not just have enjoyed the occasion instead of stupid fights, throwing stuff at the police? Grow up.
People can agree with that and still be angry ay the hypocrisy, lack of morals, decent, integrity and fairness of our politicians and media.

As usual, anything to do with us is blown out of all proportion and treated differently to any other such incidents

See these holier than thou, signallers of virtue Rangers fans on here, really boil my piss.
You have a handful of people who behaved inappropriately, out of quite possibly, a hundred thousand Rangers fans who gathered to celebrate our 55th league title.....so because of that we should be all tarred with the thug brush.
Don't think anyone is saying that. The idiots at the end of the night should be treated as such. The overwhelming majority were fine

Let’s face it Rangers fans could have behaved like angels the snp would still find something to moan about

Back