Merch Rangers fans record breaking response to kit launch and Ibrox store opening - 100,000 shirts already sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the castore guys said there will be an orange top not sure if that's the training top though
I will be honest and admit i have not bought a top for years but if we have a good orange strip I will be buying it. Well if they have large sizes.:(. Nothing to do with any Orange order but my links to Holland. Hopefully I will get a few Dutch buying it.

Any idea what the epl clubs sell?

imagine only Man U, City, Liverpool and poss Chelsea and Arsenal would be above that?

My only criticism, and I wont be moved on it, is the exorbitant price. Its not just us.... it football shirts all over. Drop them to say £40 and I reckon we'd sell many more. Bring it within the price range of more families. Plenty profit remaining.
i think the fact that so much stuff has been shifted already and is just the tip of the iceberg would suggest that the pricing is fine by most if not everyone , i work as a leisurewear technologist and trust me if the quality is as per the feedback on here then it is most def not overpriced

Just remember that supporting the club eg season ticket doesn't give anyone the right to hurl abuse at the team on the pitch. More and more posters are claiming we have several nutters who continually berate certain players.

The support through tickets and merchandising sales has been fantastic through all the dark years.
No one can argue with that.

We all have opinions but I can honestly say majority support the team we just all love a moan.

Any idea what the epl clubs sell?

imagine only Man U, City, Liverpool and poss Chelsea and Arsenal would be above that?
Just checked out some websites and the numbers all seem made up and vary by millions.
One has Man U at 3.2 million, and another has them at 1.7million.
One has Man City at 1.2 million, which definitely is bollocks.
One has Arsenal at over a million as well, which I also think is bollocks.
I found Chelsea figures from 170,000 to 800,000, so seems like none of the websites know anything for sure, all just made up, probably to fit certain agendas for marketing purposes etc.

thinking of taking Mrs B C B to the store tomorrow to give the bank card a wee workout........ is it ticket only or is it simply a case of turning up and waiting in the queue ?? im sure i seen a pic of an Orange training top - has it been released yet?
It's just turn up and wait your turn. I was in on Thursday, my younger brother bought the orange training top. It's really nice to be fair. Going by what's been said on the forum since then you might struggle to get a hold of one now. I wish I would have picked one up too.

If I remember correctly, only Man United in the UK were slightly ahead of our shirt sales. It was Man United, us, then Liverpool.

We actually used to be the biggest shirt seller in the UK.

Nowadays, with marketing of the EPL, it will be difficult to outsell Liverpool and Man Utd, but everyone else is definitely fair game.

Wow! I haven’t bought a shirt for years, but reckon I’ll pick up one of these. Feels like a ‘future classic’

Nowadays, with marketing of the EPL, it will be difficult to outsell Liverpool and Man Utd, but everyone else is definitely fair game.

The only reason I seem to remember Man United as slightly ahead of us in shirt sales was it being in the tabloids at the time, either the Rhebel or the Scottish Scum. They thought it was a GIRUY to us, even back then. As for today, the more shops that take our shirt, the more we will sell. We underestimate just how big our club is.

Just checked out some websites and the numbers all seem made up and vary by millions.
One has Man U at 3.2 million, and another has them at 1.7million.
One has Man City at 1.2 million, which definitely is bollocks.
One has Arsenal at over a million as well, which I also think is bollocks.
I found Chelsea figures from 170,000 to 800,000, so seems like none of the websites know anything for sure, all just made up, probably to fit certain agendas for marketing purposes etc.
In the US you see Real, Barca, MU, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, and Chelsea all over the place. Rarely see ours or the yahoos as we are not on TV.

It's just turn up and wait your turn. I was in on Thursday, my younger brother bought the orange training top. It's really nice to be fair. Going by what's been said on the forum since then you might struggle to get a hold of one now. I wish I would have picked one up too.
Cheers mate much obliged, still gonna have a run up anyways and see what I can buy. Going to Argyle House beginning of Sept with the other half so hopefully the orange training top will be restocked by then if I can't get one tomorrow

100k shirts is fantastic. Considering how much the market has shifted to EPL etc.

In the US you see Real, Barca, MU, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, and Chelsea all over the place. Rarely see ours or the yahoos as we are not on TV.
I spend about 4 months a year in the states and have never seen a Chelsea or Arsenal strip in 20 years there.
The bulk of the tops I see are South American, plenty of Spanish club tops and the occasional EPL top.
I saw loads of our tops on my last trip to Canada and 2 years ago on another trip to Vegas. Will see hundreds again next year on my next trip to Canada. :)

thinking of taking Mrs B C B to the store tomorrow to give the bank card a wee workout........ is it ticket only or is it simply a case of turning up and waiting in the queue ?? im sure i seen a pic of an Orange training top - has it been released yet?
When I was in the Store on Thursday afternoon, that orange training top was the best seller, the staff had no time to put them on hangers so they just gave them out straight from the box.
The amount that was going through the tills when I was in was unreal, me and my lad spent the guts of £300 and that wasn’t found the £180 I paid for 3 tops in pre order.

Managed to get a home top ordered tonight,only had long sleeve left but I don’t mind them so much.hopefully won’t take too long to arrive.got the parcel force option with tracking ability as Hermes ain’t so dependable in the highlands

I spend about 4 months a year in the states and have never seen a Chelsea or Arsenal strip in 20 years there.
The bulk of the tops I see are South American, plenty of Spanish club tops and the occasional EPL top.
I saw loads of our tops on my last trip to Canada and 2 years ago on another trip to Vegas. Will see hundreds again next year on my next trip to Canada. :)
In 41 years here I have seen huge numbers. Chelsea is a very popular jersey. You won't see too many Liverpool for some reason. The EPL is on TV here all the time and that is what sells their shirts.

In 41 years here I have seen huge numbers. Chelsea is a very popular jersey. You won't see too many Liverpool for some reason. The EPL is on TV here all the time and that is what sells their shirts.
Maybe just the same Chelsea guy in Reno that you see all the time !! ;)

Maybe just the same Chelsea guy in Reno that you see all the time !! ;)
Forgot to mention Reno has a local O'Broon family that show up for indoor fives all kitted out. My son is friendly with them and always wear his orange Gers shirt there. They can't stand it :)

What's the feedback on quality please ?
The home top Is absolutely top class. I worked in the outdoor industry years ago and learned a bit about textile quality etc. They are using the best raw Materials. Our expert told me that Nike and Adidas were pretty poor and the best was Umbro. Apparently the wicking performance was 10x better than Nike.

It’s incredible. I honestly commend everyone who’s put their hand in their pocket, especially during difficult times. Well done to all and well done to everyone who showed up on opening day to make it a grand opening to remember.

Not bad for the first week.

We would be one of the best sellers in the UK based on that week alone and we still have another kit to bring out and plenty of people still to get to the shop. 500k is an ambitious target but if we get anywhere near it then it would be excellent.

The numbers are skewed now forthe top premiership clubs in terms of the sales they have in the Asian Market. Be interesting to see the like for like sales in Britain only and certainly in terms of training gear sold. Might be biased but can't think of any team who sells more of training wear than us.
No wonder Castore have produced about 6 different variations of it.

In Motherwell it was great to see - man and boy today. I normally don't even wear the kit to games but when mine comes the moobs will be out with pride!

Going next weekend, hopefully there's been a delivery in by then. Might get a training top zipper and a t-shirt or something.

I really think Castore could make a fortune by selling just t-shirts with Rangers on them or like a picture of Ibrox. Maybe another company could do that but I definitely think these would be high selling especially for younger supporters.

Due to my disability ive piled on the weight over the last few years but due to changing diet and a caring wife ive managed to lost 9 stone in the last year. Aiming to lose about 5 more and i will be able to fit into a new Rangers top. What an incentive and its spurring me on big style. WATP!

All the best of British luck pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back