Rangers File Counter Claim against SDI

Purpolaris

Yes I agree totally, he has removed himself from being head of the club, so he can go after the fatman, his way.
That was my immediate thought when he stepped down. Although it was more to do with him being out of the way, fatman wouldn't be as vociferous with Rangers as it had come down to him v King.

StirlingBear

That was in 2015 , hope it's increased since and not went down
And based off information from 2012!

I honestly think Dave King will be utterly minted. The fact he became super secretive about it tells its own Story. Ashley on paper is a billionaire but he wont be sitting there with billions in the bank, most of it is by owning all the companies and their assets.

StirlingBear

Also think its safe to say we will be wearing hummel kits next season as well. It all the work will be in place and ready for the new season by the time this goes back to court.

Southbelfastloyal29

The only way SDI can get the cap removed is by proving fraud on rangers behalf - this is the fat mans last roll of the dice.

Don’t let anyone tell you the cap has been removed (as was widely misreported by people like Chris McGlaughlin gleefully at the time). SDIs latest round of battle with us is the proof in fact.

StirlingBear

The only way SDI can get the cap removed is by proving fraud on rangers behalf - this is the fat mans last roll of the dice.

Don’t let anyone tell you the cap has been removed (as was widely misreported by people like Chris McGlaughlin gleefully at the time). SDIs latest round of battle with us is the proof in fact.

There were plenty on here who had us paying millions in damages as well as playing in Lonsdale kits until eternity.

Thommo2006

I'm hoping this isn't a long term thing. The fact king says he is going to stay around till it's done and he never wanted to be part of the club long term suggests to me this will be a matter of months rather than years

Valley Bluenose

One thing we can take from that summary is that we have changed our lawyers.

SDI are trying to sue Elite for inducing breach of contract by Rangers.

They are also adding claims for misrepresentation by Blair on Rangers behalf.

Both of these things are attempts to get round the cap on damages - either might work.
I'm pretty sure the change of legal team became apparent in the transcript of the last hearing @Marty101 - there was some discussion about the guys in Court still struggling to catch up on all the stuff that had gone on previously.

Let's hope James Blair didn't recommend this lot and they actually pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Gibraltar Loyal

It may be with counter claims that it tips balance of judge who gets pissed off and just tells Rangers to pay £1m and go seperate ways as his heid in mince with all this...much like mine

Bazoo

Can that fat cünt not get ‘suicided’ like all those Russians in London or Epstein in prison?

TexMexBear

Ashley is everything that is wrong in the Uk’s ‘entrepreneurial’ scene . This country is sick to its core if people like him are to be admired. He is in fact utter trash on every level.
We have a bigger piece of utter trash with similarly negative moral standards running our fukin country over here! (had to get that in as I'm banned from my own Trump thread in the lounge :))

Keep fighting DK. We're all behind you.

cloodie

I've gotta admit, I'm feeling a bit more confident about the situation seeing the arguments that we're putting forward here.

Cutty/Young

Ashely knows regardless of what happens, no Rangers fans will buy anthing from his stores, Ashley is total poison to the club, he's being nothing more than vindictive and full of hatred for our club knowing if he wins it would be mere pocket change for him, It's quite incredible the damage he is doing to our retail sales and wish a judge would just see sense and tell him to GTF.

Had this been a decent man with Rangers best interests at heart and helping Rangers by investing and helping put us top of the tree, he would have been welcomed with open arms and his companys profits would have increased greatly, Instead we had someone jump on board holding us by the throat ready to pounce on our assets and doesn't bear thinking about where we would be had he been in charge with his cronies, problem with people like Ashley is they are motivated by nothing more than control and utter greed and winning whatever the cost of who gets tossed under a bus.

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
Ashely knows regardless of what happens, no Rangers fans will buy anthing from his stores, Ashley is total poison to the club, he's being nothing more than vindictive and full of hatred for our club knowing if he wins it would be mere pocket change for him, It's quite incredible the damage he is doing to our retail sales and wish a judge would just see sense and tell him to GTF.

Had this been a decent man with Rangers best interests at heart and helping Rangers by investing and helping put us top of the tree, he would have been welcomed with open arms and his companys profits would have increased greatly, Instead we had someone jump on board holding us by the throat ready to pounce on our assets and doesn't bear thinking about where we would be had he been in charge with his cronies, problem with people like Ashley is they are motivated by nothing more than control and utter greed and winning whatever the cost of who gets tossed under a bus.
I’m as certain as I can be and always have been, that the fat geezer did some sort of deal with the money behind the bheasts from the east.

Alpagers

King mentioned the South African authorities have limits on moving money outside of the country. He couldn't even if he wanted to or could afford to do so.
Its by the by on this discussion but I would doubt a man as shrewd as King does not have a substantial portion of his wealth stashed in various offshore havens.