Rangers Instagram Ramadan Post

hullohullo2304

Anybody seen this?

I seen it pop on my IG and thought it was pretty cool that the club made the post.

However some of the comments from our fans are utterly embarrassing.

This is the sort of post that will show up in the explore page, etc and will no doubt be seen by Muslims who are not fans of our club from around the world. In fact there are already comments from some from outside of the UK who seem to appreciate it.

The top couple of comments from our fans are calling it a joke, a lot of people saying religion should be left out of football (that is rich) and other such messages. I have already seen that some comments that have been deleted and quite rightly.

I understand we are living in tense times, especially for you all living in the UK but for me, I happy to see the club make reference to this given we have had and have Muslim players and have Muslim fans.

I noticed that this morning, the first two comments were offended by this. You're right mate it's totally embarrassing.

Our club is for everyone -and we should be very proud of that.

My GF (nae pics) is Muslim and was well impressed when she saw that on Twitter this morning.

Nice one.

I just seen we posted it on Twitter as well and there are quite a few comments from non-Rangers supporters saying they are now Rangers fans. That may or not happen but this sort of thing is a simple but effective method for gaining new fans and improving our worldwide visibility.

I think some of our fans just don't see the bigger picture unfortunately.

Nice one.

I just seen we posted it on Twitter as well and there are quite a few comments from non-Rangers supporters saying they are now Rangers fans. That may or not happen but this sort of thing is a simple but effective method for gaining new fans and improving our worldwide visibility.

I think some of our fans just don't see the bigger picture unfortunately.
To be fair, anyone who suddenly became a Rangers fan over this will be “supporting” someone like Barcelona next week.

Big picture though.. Rangers need to be very visible on things like this.
Think about the demographic mix of the immediate area of Ibrox. We should be trying to get local people very much in support of the club. In general we need to be seen to be welcoming to all who want to wear blue and watch a football match.

For too long, like decades, Rangers supporters have seen all of this as being something Celtic do and have wanted no part in it. And look at where it has left the perception of our club.

Someone in the club must be Muslim as how else would they know to post this and when , I wouldn’t have a clue when Ramadan is or what Mubarak means.

I think it’s great and is something we should do more of .

A sporting club founded in the Corinthian spirit open to all , unlike some others .

Someone in the club must be Muslim as how else would they know to post this and when , I wouldn’t have a clue when Ramadan is or what Mubarak means.

I think it’s great and is something we should do more of .

A sporting club founded in the Corinthian spirit open to all , unlike some others .

there is this crazy invention called the internet - you can search for almost any information you want - so if a club employee was inclined they could go and find out the important religious dates for all sorts of religion to engage with our varied fanbase :p

I'm pleased to see it tweeted, and of course any objection is embarrassing. However, some comments I can understand. Although any abusive, racist or sectarian remarks should be deleted and reported.

We have many Asian and especially Pakistani Rangers fans , so of course the club should do this.

Any arseholes should have their posts removed from the tweet.

Probably the same arseholes that post pictures to show everyone that their drinks round or whatever came to 16.90 and get pictures with that Abdul clown.

Just a bit pointless saying that then not saying anything for Easter or that or for any other religion.

Just seems like pandering to the softies in society instead of genuinely wanting to give Muslims support for their beliefs.
Its basically marketing.

Trying to target different cultures to boost merchandise & commercial streams.

Anybody seen this?

I seen it pop on my IG and thought it was pretty cool that the club made the post.

However some of the comments from our fans are utterly embarrassing.

This is the sort of post that will show up in the explore page, etc and will no doubt be seen by Muslims who are not fans of our club from around the world. In fact there are already comments from some from outside of the UK who seem to appreciate it.

The top couple of comments from our fans are calling it a joke, a lot of people saying religion should be left out of football (that is rich) and other such messages. I have already seen that some comments that have been deleted and quite rightly.

I understand we are living in tense times, especially for you all living in the UK but for me, I happy to see the club make reference to this given we have had and have Muslim players and have Muslim fans.
The club do this every year.

I live in England and I’ve converted the wee Muslim in my papershop over the years to follow the Gers. He gets a wee bit embarrassing sometimes though as over the years he’s picked a few things up. A couple of weeks ago I walks into his shop and it was busy. Top of his voice he shouts “oright big man,fck the IRA. My Mrs then looks at me and says ffs what have you done to this poor boy :rolleyes:

i am pretty sure they have done it for Xmas, Jewish one and Hindu ones. I think they also done a Sikh one, but i cant remember.

Yes, they've done something similar for Diwali a few years back at least. My partner's Indian, and the relevant tweet helped me to persuade her to join me at Ibrox for a few games.

Purely pragmatically, there's a fairly large Asian population in Glasgow. Persuading more of them to follow Rangers gets more people through the turnstiles and makes the club more money. I can't see how someone could object to that?

Yes, they've done something similar for Diwali a few years back at least. My partner's Indian, and the relevant tweet helped me to persuade her to join me at Ibrox for a few games.

Purely pragmatically, there's a fairly large Asian population in Glasgow. Persuading more of them to follow Rangers gets more people through the turnstiles and makes the club more money. I can't see how someone could object to that?
Anything that helps bring back the Bears Pakora is good for me.

Reference the people that have put posts on here that are derogatory towards them... I’ve served for my country in various war zones and witnessed some awful things that religion has caused. I ignore small mindedness and feel sorry for these haters who post these things on here. Don’t get me wrong I despise the poets and everything they stand for but if Jews,Muslims,Hindus or even Martians want to follow my club then they should be welcomed with open arms. WATP :));)

As a Muslim I was delighted when I seen the post. Previously I’d be gutted at some of the comments but don’t care anymore.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for over 25 years and folk know I’m Muslim, I go on a supporters club and have always been accepted and welcomed.

We are always going to have a minority’s of idiots who just don’t understand.

We have Muslim fans who do a lot of work for Rangers charity helping the poor and homeless in Glasgow.

The people who hate us probably have no idea how much we hate terrorists and Islamists. They have done more damage to Muslims than anyone else with all the evil acts they have carried out and it’s the good ones who face all the hate because of it

Back