Rangers Instagram Ramadan Post

Small minded people have no place at a big club like ours. Anyone having a problem with this is an absolute embarrassment to Rangers and fellow supporters.

Not so long ago the glitterdome was (maybe still is) festooned with banners proclaiming:

REFUGEES WELCOME HERE!!!

Know which approach I prefer!! Could the gb/poet policy have been responsible for attracting the 4r5h0le humza useless (and countless other ne'erdowells) to their folds??

If so, I rest my case, they are welcome to the snivelling little pig, and my feelings on the issue are truly vindicated!!!

Wife and four kids are of Muslim faith, all very proud bears. I was more for yesterday’s Jedi celebration myself however bigots will be bigots only a shame then have the internet to share their intolerant attitudes. Have seen rangers followers in many corners of the globe as we all spread the word

Boy a few seats across from me is a ST holder and a Muslim.

The idiots going on about 'BUT CHRISTMAS!' must be such massive fans that they don't know our club also sent Christmas wishes.

The idiots going on about 'BUT CHRISTMAS!' must be such massive fans that they don't know our club also sent Christmas wishes.
More important than any religious sentiments is my wee birthday email from the club - at the same time every year coincidentally

Are pakora's not Indian cuisine ? anyway I thought Mubarak was the president of Egypt
Indian and Pakistani. Half the Indian restaurants in Scotland are actually run by Pakistani’s, it actually annoys my Indian mate, especially when I then call him a racist!

However Islam is the 2nd biggest religion in India as well, behind Hinduism

Good move by the club

The club has to do everything it can to target the Muslim demographic / attract new fans to to the rangers , especially in Glasgow , that community is only going to grow as things go on, just relying on our ‘traditional supporter base’ is very short sighted, limiting and damaging long term

It’s also a pity the Europa qualifiers start so early as would’ve been great opportunity for overseas preseason tour to capitalise on Gerrard, I can’t help but think we have not done enough / fed the interest in him enough

Last edited:
Hats off to whoever runs the official Instagram account, that's some very, very clever PR. There's a massive muslim population and we have every right to tap into it.

Hats off to whoever runs the official Instagram account, that's some very, very clever PR. There's a massive muslim population and we have every right to tap into it.

True by they should have someone monitor it and remove all offensive comments

I have a good friend who’s Dad is from Pakistan and he’s been brought up over here hos full life, and he’s always liked Rangers but never managed to ever get to a game.

This season, he’s been at about 6 with me and that’s him hooked now. He'd always wanted to go to games but for various reasons was concerned about doing so but like I said that’s him hooked now and he’s one of the People.

Some of the comments on that post are a shambles and are in no way the true feeling amongst our real supporters. Everyone no matter their religion or race is welcome.

Anyway it’s off to Ibrox I go!

The more the merrier I say Rangers supporters are made up from all races and faiths, and we all have one thing in common regardless of anything else, the Rangers.

Each to their own provided they don't try to inflict it upon me.

The Koran and Hadith are repulsive but not all Muslims are strict adherents therefore not all Muslims are bad people.

Tbh don't care what religion fellow bears are and certainly don't look and think what religion are they?

The club should mark the 12th of July. It's massively important to a large number of our supporters. There's no excuse for not doing so.

yes there is - its ridiculous to compare a major religious date (equivalent to christmas) to some battle from 300 years ago that fewer and fewer people care about.

the sooner everyone ditches all religion and all the bollocks surrounding the protestant/catholic issues in NI the better.

I’m pure raging man. Yesterday was my holy day, May the 4th and as a devout Jedi, my club didn’t wish me anything. Pure raging.

It would seem a few people can't discern Islam with Islam extremism

I'm fairly sure that Islam isn't a fluffy, pick and choose which of these bits you like type religion.

People will argue that you should ban drugs because some people misuse them.

I'd argue that same thing applies 10 times over with religion.

Reference the people that have put posts on here that are derogatory towards them... I’ve served for my country in various war zones and witnessed some awful things that religion has caused. I ignore small mindedness and feel sorry for these haters who post these things on here. Don’t get me wrong I despise the poets and everything they stand for but if Jews,Muslims,Hindus or even Martians want to follow my club then they should be welcomed with open arms. WATP :));)
You were doing well until you said martians.F*ck those green bastards

All those decrying the people making defamatory comments, show me any support that doesn’t have a few bawbags. Any club website in Britain would attract similar comments.

yes there is - its ridiculous to compare a major religious date (equivalent to christmas) to some battle from 300 years ago that fewer and fewer people care about.

the sooner everyone ditches all religion and all the bollocks surrounding the protestant/catholic issues in NI the better.
Well they do mark the supposed birth of some Jewish guy 2,000 years ago that more than likely never happened so why not mark a great occasion from 1690 that granted religious freedom for all?

I'm glad I've got religious freedom. Allows me to dismiss a large chunk of it as nonsense.

Would love to introduce some of these pr1cks to the Afghan interpreters who walked in front of us saving many lives. Some of the best people and friends I have ever met. Got to be fake-news mentally challengeds commenting too. Well done Rangers, 1 club many cultures.
Second this. I'm sure they won't be so concerned either should a doctor or surgeon of that particular faith save their or someone they knows life.

Personally don’t think we should be mentioning any religion whatsoever on social channels. Nothing more than some right on virtue signalling.

It is cheap, tawdry and virtue signalling.

No one religion or group should get special tweets if our main support demographic doesn't get them.

The point isn't anti Islam feeling but the randomness of it.

It is cheap, tawdry and virtue signalling.

No one religion or group should get special tweets if our main support demographic doesn't get them.

The point isn't anti Islam feeling but the randomness of it.

Lets hope the message from rangers was intended for the proper 20% right?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
I live in England and I’ve converted the wee Muslim in my papershop over the years to follow the Gers. He gets a wee bit embarrassing sometimes though as over the years he’s picked a few things up. A couple of weeks ago I walks into his shop and it was busy. Top of his voice he shouts “oright big man,fck the IRA. My Mrs then looks at me and says ffs what have you done to this poor boy :rolleyes:
:)):))

Back