Rangers Instagram Ramadan Post

As a Muslim I was delighted when I seen the post. Previously I’d be gutted at some of the comments but don’t care anymore.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for over 25 years and folk know I’m Muslim, I go on a supporters club and have always been accepted and welcomed.

We are always going to have a minority’s of idiots who just don’t understand.

We have Muslim fans who do a lot of work for Rangers charity helping the poor and homeless in Glasgow.

The people who hate us probably have no idea how much we hate terrorists and Islamists. They have done more damage to Muslims than anyone else with all the evil acts they have carried out and it’s the good ones who face all the hate because of it
Very very well said Sir.

As a Muslim I was delighted when I seen the post. Previously I’d be gutted at some of the comments but don’t care anymore.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for over 25 years and folk know I’m Muslim, I go on a supporters club and have always been accepted and welcomed.

We have Muslim fans who do a lot of work for Rangers charity helping the poor and homeless in Glasgow.

The people who hate us probably have no idea how much we hate terrorists and Islamists. They have done more damage to Muslims than anyone else with all the evil acts they have carried out and it’s the good ones who face all the hate because of it
Well said our club is open to all except kiddie
fiddlers and terrorist scum they can go to .

Reference the people that have put posts on here that are derogatory towards them... I’ve served for my country in various war zones and witnessed some awful things that religion has caused. I ignore small mindedness and feel sorry for these haters who post these things on here. Don’t get me wrong I despise the poets and everything they stand for but if Jews,Muslims,Hindus or even Martians want to follow my club then they should be welcomed with open arms. WATP :));)

Haw you,you're taking this to far ffs!!

Assume that's sarcastic. I want no association with idiots like that

Partly sarcastic, but like most people in the real world I want no association with a grass.

Maybe I'm just getitng old and thios interweb thing makes it easy for people to grass, hiding behind a keyboard and somehow thinking they have righted some wrong in the world.

20 years ago this type of behaviour would have resulted in a at least a limp.

Can the club post Happy 12th of July to all of our Protestant players, fans and staff ?

If not then why not...that's what I want to know.

I'm not offended by the muslim post I am just left thinking why ?

Can the club post Happy 12th of July to all of our Protestant players, fans and staff ?

If not then why not...that's what I want to know.

I'm not offended by the muslim post I am just left thinking why ?

Why would they post that?

Because the main demographic of the Rangers support is either no religion or Protestant.
They post things like these at times of celebration for Christians and Muslims etc. I don’t think the club should, or would, go down the route of posting to celebrate Protestants beating Catholic’s in a battle.
Most of our players and fans are Scottish so should they tweet to commemorate bannockburn and whatever else too?

Not all folk questioning it are necessary "living in the dark ages".
It's very pertinent to ask if the club do similar messages for other faith festivals.
To many folk and organisations seem to bend over backwards to be seen as PC.
Ramadan is the Muslim equivalent of lent. Surely its Eid that the club should be sending out well wishes to the Muslim community.
Did we do a tweet for Hanukkah ???

They post things like these at times of celebration for Christians and Muslims etc. I don’t think the club should, or would, go down the route of posting to celebrate Protestants beating Catholic’s in a battle.
Most of our players and fans are Scottish so should they tweet to commemorate bannockburn and whatever else too?

Why not ?

If you highlight one then you highlight them all.

That insta post from our club re affirms my pride in being a Rangers supporter.I also have never had any problems though I may be the only krishna devotee on the ground:)) Chant and be happy my fellow fans and continue to embrace all HarI bol

You think you are an obscure faith, try Asatru mate like me and my wife are. She used to be catholic, me Church of Scotland:))

Tweeting it was always gonnae have a reaction these days that disnae matter what side of the argument your on was always gonnae bring out the buy they don’t tweet about this/ there are bugots if your not sharing it

You must hate that Abdul clown more than me surely

I have absolutely no problem with the club doing this, in fact I'd actively encourage it because it's nice to be inclusive and welcoming of all members of our fanbase.
What annoys me is that the club has no hesitation of doing this and honouring minority cultures but actively distancing itself from the vast majority of our fanbases culture and treating it like an elephant in the room.

I have had Lebanese neighbours for 15 years,followed by an Iraqi family the last two years,and
both families have been,some of the nicest friendly people I've ever had as neighbours.:)

Mental that folk go on about the 12th as a comparison.

The club posted a Merry Christmas message. That is the equivalent.

People comparing Ramadan/ Yom Kippur to the Battle of the Boyne are at it. They must be. The Boyne is not a religious festival.

If the club put out a tweet wishing everyone a "Happy Battle of Stirling Bridge Day" they'd have a point.

Can’t believe some people are comparing the boyne celebrations to this.

Right Rangers remember it’s the apprentice boys big day soon.

We have many Asian and especially Pakistani Rangers fans , so of course the club should do this.

Any arseholes should have their posts removed from the tweet.
Noticed during the season we have a few Sikhs who support us as well

Back