Rangers Launch New Diversity & Inclusion Campaign – #EveryoneAnyone

No. Basic PR means that you shouldn't have to announce that you welcome everyone because most will then suspect you have a problem in the first place.

What some are saying is that gestures like this will have absolutely zero impact on the way the club is treated in Scotland. In fact, it is likely to be counter-productive because people like Pauline McNeill will not want to be made to look like they're backing Rangers when the support - almost inevitably - is accused of 'sectarianism'. Both her and Frank McAveety support Celtic!

There is absolutely no evidence there is a specific problem concerning Rangers more than other football clubs in terms of the groups the club mentions - apart, of course, from Scotland's religious/political/tribal divide.

If the club thinks it can bracket this alongside all the other categories it lists then it is in for a nasty surprise.

It looks like we still have no-one at the club with the courage or the nous to tackle the so-called 'sectarianism issue' head on.
On the contrary, doing this "off our own back" is just plain old positive PR.

The fact that we have shown that we have fans from all different backgrounds and not just the background of one section of society can only help shout down our detractors in the media and beyond.

It may have been obvious to anyone who regularly follow Rangers that we have guys and gals of a whole plethora of backgrounds, races, religions and sexual orientation, so the Board are advertising it. Big deal.

It doesn't highlight that we have a 'problem' - far from it in fact.

Its a total surrender. Accepting what our enemies have been saying for 30 years about us (its lies.asains always felt welcome for example.its a total lie we need to get rid of loyalism to get gays and Asains to attend) and accepting their solutions.Guys like Lawwell will be lapping up us laying down our arms.2012 has sapped of the fight out of our support. Many now want to placate our enemies instead of taking them on.its funny how the bheasts never need to modernize or drop ira songs to get black and gay fans to attend...
Written by a 14 year-old seeking attention or an uneducated adult.

Last edited:
No. Basic PR means that you shouldn't have to announce that you welcome everyone because most will then suspect you have a problem in the first place.

What some are saying is that gestures like this will have absolutely zero impact on the way the club is treated in Scotland. In fact, it is likely to be counter-productive because people like Pauline McNeill will not want to be made to look like they're backing Rangers when the support - almost inevitably - is accused of 'sectarianism'. Both her and Frank McAveety support Celtic!

There is absolutely no evidence there is a specific problem concerning Rangers more than other football clubs in terms of the groups the club mentions - apart, of course, from Scotland's religious/political/tribal divide.

If the club thinks it can bracket this alongside all the other categories it lists then it is in for a nasty surprise.

It looks like we still have no-one at the club with the courage or the nous to tackle the so-called 'sectarianism issue' head on.
We do have a problem and some of the post on this thread prove that, some of the songs that are sung even if it is by a minority prove that, the thread about the gay footballer proves that, any thread that mentions Tommy Robinson proves that.

I could go on but I feel there is no need to prove the point, we do have a problem, even if it is a minority so what the club are doing is facing it head on.
Sure it's been tried before over the years and I'm sure will be tried again in the future, at least the club are trying.

I kinda got weary after the second page.

Are Rcs welcome at Ibrox? - Yes.
Are 'Pakistanis/Indians' welcome at Ibrox? - Yes
Are coloured people welcome at Ibrox? - Yes.
Are 'gays' welcome at Ibrox? - Yes

Everyone and their granny is welcome at Ibrox and come the end of August and we score a last minute winner, I'll happily be the celebratory meat in a Justin and Colin sandwich.

But, we are not under everyday attack for wanting and welcoming all and sundry to Ibrox are we?

We are under attack for representing one thing. Protestantism.

When the club confronts this hatred all the rest then falls into place.

Until then, I'll give it a bye.

There's nothing like a thread about 'diversity' to bring the 'PC Loyal' out in force. Perhaps - just to show how 'diverse' or 'inclusive' we are, or would like to become, Rangers should cease playing in their traditional light blue shirt, black socks/red tops socks (think of all those nasty connotations), and adopt a full 'rainbow' kit.

Just think of the millions we could rake in by making such a symbolic statement to the world. The transformation from a 'hate-filled', 'bigoted', 'reactionary' club to the most 'open' 'diverse' 'tolerant' team in Britain (we could even be the first club to appoint a female manager when SG steps down - I mean the marketing opportunities would be incredible.

It boggles the mind imagining how many of the new Rangers rainbow flags, shirts, and scarfs we could sell to oppressed minorities all over the world - who needs Mike Ashley!!! Our coffers would be bulging at the seams from the proceeds. Celtic could keep their CL cash - we would have the 'rainbow dividend'. With our new found riches, it wouldn't be long before we could think in terms of 'ten-in-a-row'. What are we waiting for!!!

Until then, I'll give it a bye.

Aye, my mistake, I keep forgetting we can focus on a single issue and only that at any one time. Of course there is absolutely no scope to tackle more than one front...

Just what is going on in this thread? People are tying themselves in bizarre knots to find fault with a campaign saying 'all are welcomed here' and nothing more than that. It isn't saying Protestants aren't, or we want ONLY these people, just that Rangers can be their family too. How is that remotely controversial, even to the usual suspects? For clarity if Rangers aren't focussing on the exact issue of your choice, that's what you should have a problem with, not this entirely seperate campaign.

I can't believe anyone, at all, would have a problem with a video that could help someone who felt isolated before realise Rangers can be their home. I used to think people who might have been Rangers supporters but were put off, were turned away by innaccurate media reporting, but after reading some of the stuff on here I'm genuinely starting to wonder.

I don’t fall into any of the categories of people that this initiative is designed to support but am 100% supportive of it. It can only be a good thing to promote the fact that Rangers are an inclusive club for all. We know it. The mhedia like to think otherwise. So let’s change that perception.

Actually, on reflection, I do fall into one of those categories - I’m a Rangers fan. So the same as all of them then :))

There's nothing like a thread about 'diversity' to bring the 'PC Loyal' out in force. Perhaps - just to show how 'diverse' or 'inclusive' we are, or would like to become, Rangers should cease playing in their traditional light blue shirt, black socks/red tops socks (think of all those nasty connotations), and adopt a full 'rainbow' kit.

Just think of the millions we could rake in by making such a symbolic statement to the world. The transformation from a 'hate-filled', 'bigoted', 'reactionary' club to the most 'open' 'diverse' 'tolerant' team in Britain (we could even be the first club to appoint a female manager when SG steps down - I mean the marketing opportunities would be incredible.

It boggles the mind imagining how many of the new Rangers rainbow flags, shirts, and scarfs we could sell to oppressed minorities all over the world - who needs Mike Ashley!!! Our coffers would be bulging at the seams from the proceeds. Celtic could keep their CL cash - we would have the 'rainbow dividend'. With our new found riches, it wouldn't be long before we could think in terms of 'ten-in-a-row'. What are we waiting for!!!
I thought about replying to this properly but I can't for laughter.....

Btw the laughing is not with you.

I'll put you down for a pair of Union Jack arseless chaps then?

I thought about replying to this properly but I can't for laughter.....

Btw the laughing is not with you.

We will be the ones getting laughed at as we are the club that invited to its launch Pauline McNeil a, frankly bitter scum fan who openly supports and backs Call it and all their leaders, that would be the leaders who openly hate our support and club.
This is who she supports and who we invited yesterday to help with this launch

D7qbaShWsAE3DoQ

D7qbaSqW4AEOSE4

D7qbaSrXkAAKR5j

Whilst I fully understand the need to be seen to be PC friendly but ,I think this smacks of trying too hard and as if we have a problem with being racist or homophobic which I don't think we do. I have never heard anyone say anything of this nature to any fellow fan in my life.

You don;t appear to have a very high opinion of your fellow fans.

We will be the ones getting laughed at as we are the club that invited to its launch Pauline McNeil a, frankly bitter scum fan who openly supports and backs Call it and all their leaders, that would be the leaders who openly hate our support and club.
This is who she supports and who we invited yesterday to help with this launch

D7qbaShWsAE3DoQ

D7qbaSqW4AEOSE4

D7qbaSrXkAAKR5j

Whilst I fully understand the need to be seen to be PC friendly but ,I think this smacks of trying too hard and as if we have a problem with being racist or homophobic which I don't think we do. I have never heard anyone say anything of this nature to any fellow fan in my life.

Well said. Some just don't understand that it doesn't matter what we do, we'll be the first to be punished by the SPFL under any new rules concerning liability. We should be also condemning the sectarian bile directed at our fans at every ground in Scotland we visit.

This initiative is pointless and unnecessary though, no reasonable person needs to be told to respect others and those who do wont change because of this.

Rangers fans and the club are demonized by 'newspapers' and 'politicians'

This initiative will help combat that.

Seriously mate, dont be silly! this was on STV news last night and their tagline to the story was Rangers and sectarianism . The media hate us,This is the newspaper today from the Record

Rangers rehab move as fans caught singing sectarian songs to be sent on anti-bigotry course

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-rehab-move-fans-caught-18653026

What the actual...........o_O

Sorry mate, I actually meant to quote someone else.

My bad.

The ironic thing is, I was actually trying to back you up because I too am indifferent to it all.
We support a football team.
not a political entity, not an organistation to feed the poor or home the homeless etc.
we will win , we will lose.
there have been so many launches of community projects in the past, puff piece on tv and radio, bit of chat for a month or so, then ......
So as i said
meh

Thinking about the days when Mark Walters signed as well, he was singled out for being black.
The last count i did I think we have 9 black players now, this must surely be the most black players we have ever had in the team. We are very diverse as a club now.

You're off your nut.

King should be wearing an orange boilersuit in that video.
Looks like he's just been pushed in front of the camera, "Right Dave, read this..."
Why cant he just say it from the heart?

Seriously mate, dont be silly! this was on STV news last night and their tagline to the story was Rangers and sectarianism . The media hate us,This is the newspaper today from the Record

Rangers rehab move as fans caught singing sectarian songs to be sent on anti-bigotry course

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-rehab-move-fans-caught-18653026

You’re right. That is terrible and shows what a backwater we live in. However, our manager also posted about it on his Instagram page to over 8 million people. The amount of people, those younger especially looking at that, has much more influence than a lowly subscribed DR article. The club is using the term ‘a modern day football club’. Yes it isn’t perfect but the change in professionalism these past few years is clearly evident. Far too many dinosaurs in our support that want it to be run like a club in the 70s.

I understand why the club think this is a good idea, but as others have said, I don't think it was ever an issue in the first place. Best you can do is roll your eyes and move on.

Spot on. If we remove bigotry from Ibrox we then can turn the spotlight on others who aren’t so selective.

That we we turn the screw. Slowly but over time our reputation changes. Took some time to get where we are it will take some time to get out of it

But this is a start. A really positive start. Some won’t like it and we will lose a few on the way. But we will be better and stronger for it.

Was going to shops earlier and Clyde was on, only heard about a minute of it, but this announcement was being used by 5 priests to highlight singing against Clarke last season and other non specific incidents. That's the issue we are up against. A positive new story, taking the club forward and our media use it to castigate us. Nothing against this announcement and support it fully, but we need a more pro active voice out there. They played a short clip of Robertson and that's it. We should have put someone forward to be available to discuss it fully on a show like suoerscoreboard to shoot down this sort of nonsense, instead we do a puff piece PR exercise and let our enemies control the narrative.

The tim rag the Daily record has found a negative around the same story.

Are you seriously that pathetic that you can't accept that it's pretty much a direct quote from Stewart Robertson and he is 100% correct, we absolutely have sectarianism in our support the same as we have bigotry, racism and sexism.
The club and the vast majority of the support don't want to be associated with it.
It's a great initiative, don't be in the minority, come join us in the year 2019, it's fantastic.

Are you seriously that pathetic that you can't accept that it's pretty much a direct quote from Stewart Robertson and he is 100% correct,

we absolutely have sectarianism in our support the same as we have bigotry, racism and sexism.
The club and the vast majority of the support don't want to be associated with it.
It's a great initiative, don't be in the minority, come join us in the year 2019, it's fantastic.

So, according to you we have a major issue with sectarianism so , the club invite Pauline McNeil to the launch of this initiative ,who supports Call it out and their leaders who all openly hate our support and have a history of being sectarian towards them and even have convictions for sectarianism.
We don't have a major issue with any that you suggest but, we do have a major issue with a media that highlights anything our supports says or does whilst glossing over others and their sectarianism aimed at our club and support.

Its also nonsense to suggest we have an issue with sexism and racism.

Last edited:
Fair enough mate but it probably makes the world of difference to people from those minorities mentioned in the content.

Two of my closest pals are gay. They refuse to come to a football game with me because, rightly or wrongly, their perception is that gay people won't be be made to feel welcome at football grounds.

I know the majority of folk at Ibrox and elsewhere are like most of us here, yourself included. "Cool, live and let live." But when you're hearing shit like "Get up you fucking poof" and so on, it's not a very nice thing to hear for gay people and it's hard for them to believe those attitudes are disappearing from football - which they certainly are, but not quickly enough in my opinion.

I won't speak about the other groups because I don't have much experience with people from them, but just an example bud.
I agree with what you're saying, but how does one actually know a person's gay by looking at them. Also I've never been to Ibrox and heard anyone abusing somebody for their sexual orientation

Back