Rangers propose "B" teams as part of reconstruction

Yes. That makes sense. Vote against their plan to save themselves out of spite and then offer the hand of friendship.

You don't have a lot of friends do you.

I think adding to their (doomed) plan with something in it for us on the off chance it passes is prudent. It means we get a win if the 14 team top league passes (which will or won't happen regardless of our single vote) then so be it.

If it means we have shown to be positive and supportive in these talk, all the better. To be seen as A voice for development and positivity. An ally to work with in the next phase of hearts, Partick and stranraars fight.

Reconstruction and 14 team league or not. We will be better off either way. Win win and sensible positioning by the board.

I just wish we were all clear headed enough to see it.

how do you know i have no friends? because im on here on a friday night lol

Well that it official for me, this pathetic board have went from wanting heads and status quo’s not being allowed to continue to suggesting ideas and willing to work with the very people they wanted rid of.
Wow if there was a weaker Rangers board than the one we have now I have yet to see it, absolute capitulation on a very grand scale.
Oh well back to my Robertson isn’t fit to lead a club the size of Rangers and must go campaign .

I'm reading between the lines here. Rangers know this will never get the backing. However they are showing they are putting proposals to the table and all of this will show in court.

Maybe we get teams on side with the plan to save any club any financial hardship.

Once its voted through we then push for the inquiry into the whole fiasco including how the board sat on their asses and the clubs had to put together a plan to save Scottish football....

This did cross my mind also. Could the club be using the reconstruction proposal to get others onside before having another go at Doncaster, McLennan and the rest. But tbh seems unlikely as the other clubs will be happy just to take the cash without any further hassle of investigations etc.

This proposal by Rangers has two outcomes.

1. Is accepted and Hearts remain in the premiership and status quo continues
2. The distraction of this proposal keeps us all talking and buys the SPFL valuable time as season nears.

All in all, if we want change by god we do things arse from elbow.

I’ve also been in favour of us having a B team in the lower division.

But I think a lot of clubs will vote against it which is another way of stopping the charade of reconstruction to keep Hearts up.

They will also pay £1000 to stream each of those matches, should facilities be in place

How much does it cost to stream a match I wonder? That just seemed low to me, not that I know much about it.

Well that it official for me, this pathetic board have went from wanting heads and status quo’s not being allowed to continue to suggesting ideas and willing to work with the very people they wanted rid of.
Wow if there was a weaker Rangers board than the one we have now I have yet to see it, absolute capitulation on a very grand scale.
Oh well back to my Robertson isn’t fit to lead a club the size of Rangers and must go campaign .

have to agree

I keep thinking if doncaster called lawwell a liar would they be bailing the SPFL out.

They will also pay £1000 to stream each of those matches, should facilities be in place

How much does it cost to stream a match I wonder? That just seemed low to me, not that I know much about it.

thats how much they are giving the hosting club, they will foot the streaming also.

This proposal by Rangers has two outcomes.

1. Is accepted and Hearts remain in the premiership and status quo continues
2. The distraction of this proposal keeps us all talking and buys the SPFL valuable time as season nears.

All in all, if we want change by god we do things arse from elbow.
The cry was......’ we surrender’.....,.

Stoap it Matty , it's done.
Not by a long shot, just because Robertson doesn't tell Bob from kilwinning whats going on behind the scenes. It's far from over this will go on for months. It's not about the title. That's was gone anyway but the corruption is coming to a light and Rangers wont let it go until a fit governance is in place.

I'll presume our coaching staff think this is a good idea. And that's the basis we're working from.

We also need to be involved in decision-making and influencing how the game is run. We can't continue to be passive and dictated to.
To a certain degree you have a point, but certainly not on this issue and certainly not now. This is nothing short of surrender. We should be taking the SPFL to court not trying to help them out of this mess.

To a certain degree you have a point, but certainly not on this issue and certainly not now. This is nothing short of surrender. We should be taking the SPFL to court not trying to help them out of this mess.

we are so out of touch with the fan base.

Not by a long shot, just because Robertson doesn't tell Bob from kilwinning whats going on behind the scenes. It's far from over this will go on for months. It's not about the title. That's was gone anyway but the corruption is coming to a light and Rangers wont let it go until a fit governance is in place.
I would love for you to be right brother , I really would.

Doncaster wouldve been replaced before he even finished the sentence, in fact he wouldn't have had the balls to think that about lawwall

I tell you what would have happened. Celtic would have immediately called a press conference. Telling the SPFL that if Doncaster was not removed they would be forced to break all ties with SPFL partners inc broadcasters whilst he was the CEO. Effectively forcing his removal. And McLennan would be nodding his head.

I dont understand our board at all.

Do they know if they are coming or going?

So court is dead then despite the rumours?
Listening to the usual oh the board are brilliant makes me physically sick. Absolute capitulation from people who clearly haven’t thought this process through and had no plan when things went south.
This board certainly won’t entertain court action even despite Doncaster daily feck ups being highlighted and how much money the super duper reinvented Sky package is costing clubs and a BT bill that will add to the costs, Doncaster must be the only man who can’t get a sponsor and renegotiates a far worse deal than the previous year and still gets a free pass
to carry on robbing an unbelievably over generous salary plus bonus.
As a force in Scottish football this Rangers board of ours are like a fart in a thunderstorm, unheard and totally irrelevant.

Listening to the usual oh the board are brilliant makes me physically sick. Absolute capitulation from people who clearly haven’t thought this process through and had no plan when things went south.
This board certainly won’t entertain court action even despite Doncaster daily feck ups being highlighted and how much money the super duper reinvented Sky package is costing clubs and a BT bill that will add to the costs, Doncaster must be the only man who can’t get a sponsor and renegotiates a far worse deal than the previous year and still gets a free pass
to carry on robbing an unbelievably over generous salary plus bonus.
As a force in Scottish football this Rangers board of ours are like a fart in a thunderstorm, unheard and totally irrelevant.

It pains me to say it, but they have no respect. sutton et al and every other club fan laughs at us, all talk no action. As I say we are the biggest fish in the pond yet the wee minnows like Alloa dictate.

I was talking to a fellow bear, who actually believed that Park must have called Doncaster an improper name. As he believed if Park was telling the truth he would have taken him to court as hes not a soft touch. I was thinking this also, as in the past Rangers are fare game but when they called Traynor out it was a different story.

Said it on another thread but if we had serious plans to remove Doncaster why sit back and allow him to negotiate TV deals and league sponsorships first?

Just seems incredibly counterproductive to allow him to cut deals that will have an direct effect on the club for years to come.

It pains me to say it, but they have no respect. sutton et al and every other club fan laughs at us, all talk no action. As I say we are the biggest fish in the pond yet the wee minnows like Alloa dictate.
Oh I have followed and liked your posts on this subject for months now and I am totally disgusted at the complete 360 this board seem to have done on this issue, less surprised at the people on here who once again instead of demanding action from a board who themselves come out with statements like the status que can’t continue but not for the first time utterly fail to back it up will see us laughed at and as you correctly say have less say than Alloa Pathetic.

I tell you what would have happened. Celtic would have immediately called a press conference. Telling the SPFL that if Doncaster was not removed they would be forced to break all ties with SPFL partners inc broadcasters whilst he was the CEO. Effectively forcing his removal. And McLennan would be nodding his head.
You don't think the mentally challengeds would have called for them to be replaced threatening court action,then present a dossier that they knew wouldn't get passed by the other clubs,then make more statements about not being bullied into silence & about the status quo couldn't continue, then trying to help a club(hearts,who couldn't wait to vote us out the league in 2012) stay in the league, which if voted through will help solve a problem for Doncaster & Mclellan the people that are the root of the problem, your right HB I couldnt see them doing that either Doncaster wouldve been out the door a long time ago

I’m getting to the stage after sixty five years of supporting the Gers, I’m seriously thinking about asking for a refund of my ST as it looks as though our Board are doing an Old King Cole, marching us up to the top of the hill and back down again, by Not going to court? Unless we get these Corrupt Baskets out we have NO honest chance of achieving anything with Scottish Football Contaminated by Liewells SCUM!

You don't think the mentally challengeds would have called for them to be replaced threatening court action,then present a dossier that they knew wouldn't get passed by the other clubs,then make more statements about not being bullied into silence & about the status quo couldn't continue, then trying to help a club(hearts,who couldn't wait to vote us out the league in 2012) stay in the league, which if voted through will help solve a problem for Doncaster & Mclellan the people that are the root of the problem, your right HB I couldnt see them doing that either Doncaster wouldve been out the door a long time ago

M8, do the board actually not think of what the have said and what they have done? Or does it only matter when season books are to be sold? Our loyalty cannot be questioned but dont treat us like mugs.

As I said the other day, please stop the press releases its doing the club no favours with its own fanbase and other fans. If the board finds the balls it has lost, take action and stop the nonsense statements. Its embarrassing now.

Possibly a Very clever move by Rangers

If as we are lead to believe at “war” with the Spfl then this very very attractive proposition to the lower leagues and hearts/inverness is a no brainer... A No brainer that the Spfl cannot afford not to back or they all turn on them.....

Or the Club have being paying lip service to us by kicking up a fuss regards the handing of the way they were handed the tainted title and the major clubs are all on board including them on this new proposal

I cant see it being any other way and sadly im going for the latter as the reality

Hope im wrong

I’m getting to the stage after sixty five years of supporting the Gers, I’m seriously thinking about asking for a refund of my ST as it looks as though our Board are doing an Old King Cole, marching us up to the top of the hill and back down again, by Not going to court? Unless we get these Corrupt Baskets out we have NO honest chance of achieving anything with Scottish Football Contaminated by Liewells SCUM!

similar here m8, that proposal has really floored me. Just when I get a ITK notice that status quo will not continue I then read this. Do we actually know what we are seeking? I dont think we really do or have an idea how to do it. I totally get we dont jump in, but why aid our enemies?

I'd rather see our youngsters playing against european opposition of their own age group rather than the hammer throwers of the lower leagues in this sewer.

They will learn alot more doing that than they will up against some bitter tims who are playing part time football in a cut up field with a chance to boot a youngster wearing a Rangers jersey

M8, do the board actually not think of what the have said and what they have done? Or does it only matter when season books are to be sold? Our loyalty cannot be questioned but dont treat us like mugs.

As I said the other day, please stop the press releases its doing the club no favours with its own fanbase and other fans. If the board finds the balls it has lost, take action and stop the nonsense statements. Its embarrassing now.
The hope I had has slowly dwindled mate & now the cynic in me thinks the same we picked a fight we knew we weren't winning strangely around season ticket renewal time.

I actually think that’s a very good proposal. A few positives for us are obviously the colts team in a competitive league, also getting rid of the split and having a fair split where the top 6 play home and away seems better.

I hope to feck there's a master plan in place because the utterings attributed to the club in the last wee while are deeply disturbing.

Back