Rangers recruitment and wage bill

Consider the following players we have on our books and on loan and just how little they have contributed this season relative to their reported transfer fees and estimated wages (we will likely be picking up a percentage of the wages of those out on loan and almost certainly will be when their loans expire):

Krancjar £20k/pw
Herrera £15k/pw +£1m transfer fee
Rossiter £10k/pw
Dorrans £20k/pw + £1m transfer fee
Pena £20k/pw + £2m transfer fee
Dalcio - on loan - £3k/pw
Nemane - on loan £3k/pw
O' Halloran - on loan £10k/pw
Halliday - on loan £10k/pw
Dodoo - on loan - £5k/pw
Forrester - on loan - £7.5k/pw

Now these are estimates only but how much better could circa £125k/week have been spent + the transfer fees? P.S Possibly harsh to include Dorrans in this list but he is an over 3o player who has been injured for months and looks likely to remain so. This was not out-with the realms of possibility when he signed.

Less than half of that could for example have been spent on the following young hungry domestic players (theoretically):

McGinn £15k/pw + £2m transfer fee
Cummings £10k/pw + £1m transfer
McLean £10k/pw + £500k transfer fee
Moult £10k/pw + £500k transfer fee
Walker £7.5k/pw + £500k transfer fee
Morgan £5k/pw + £250k transfer fee

All of whom would have been in an around our first 11 and contributing on a weekly basis IMO.

Throw selling Barrie McKay for £500k into the mix and the Barton fiasco along with associated wasted wages and pay off.

The wages we have sitting in the stand must be worth twice the entire sheep squad wage bill and yet I looked at their bench last week and thought it was stronger than ours.

The club simply must improve on this if they are to best utilise the significant advantage they have over every other team in Scotland bar 'them'. The fact we are going into games against Aberdeen and Hibs and looking at their starting line ups with concern by comparison to ours just should not be happening IMO.
Nice wee bit of negativity there mate. A lot of time and research into that even though it is all common knowledge. Is it possible you could devote equal time and effort into the positive things happening at our club? If you weren't a bear then this would be understandable.

Halliday will be lucky to be earning half of that I suspect.

This is a guy we gave a trial to for 3 weeks before even considering.

He’s not commanding £10k a week.

Remember he got rewarded with a new 3 year deal tho so £10k won’t be far wide off the mark imo

Think a read at the time his new contract brung him up to £8k basic

It was on another thread pena gets 35k basic wage 11k a game if he plays 7.5k a goal

There is simply no way in a million years that these figures are accurate.

Using these figures and assuming he played 30 games this season and scored 15 goals Pena would earn £2.25M (more than £40k a week), which is more than 4 times the average first team players salary at the club.

There is simply no way in a million years that these figures are accurate.

Using these figures and assuming he played 30 games this season and scored 15 goals Pena would earn £2.25M (more than £40k a week), which is more than 4 times the average first team players salary at the club.

Why introduce facts into this conversation? :)

If you do some very simple arithmetic and throw some of these numbers into a calculator and deduct them from the total wage bill, it quickly becomes apparent that it’s just people guessing, nothing more. Just assume that the average salary (someone posted it on here) is £6,750 per week, that’s £351k per year. Against the annual wage bill of £17.85m that would suggest we have a total employee base of 51 people, players and staff. That can’t be right, there must be more, but if there are then the average comes right down. If you then just randomly take Pena’s apparent wage, Herrera’s, Alves (which varies from £10k to £58k per week depending on the forum mood), maybe Dorrans and maybe Niko - tot them up then run the average again. It reduces quite a bit. It’s easy to speculate but I suspect every players wage is structured around a lot of criteria and success levers all of which will be revenue generating (ie. a run in Europe) and if we dont hit them, they don’t get the reward. There was a site that someone found on here that suggested Bruno Alves was on about €6k per week at Cagliari. At 36, who’s going to offer him a stupid weekly wage multiplier?

I get the sentiment of the OP, as in we’re funding a lot of waste, but the actual numbers look massively out.

Reactions: STU
Why would someone put out such a long winded opening post then not respond to any comments on it?
Maybees just can't be arsed or maybees job done in agitating the bears with negativity.

I said in the opening 'long winded' post that it was estimated figures. Some peoples only contribution is remarks like 'you just made that up' etc. Great well done. The point of the post should be clear (our poor recruitment, in the main) and it clearly states estimated against the wages and reported fees. If the figures agitate anyone that much then pretend all the players are on equal wages and transfer fees. The point actually still stands.

I can only assume that as you are focusing your attention on me that you are happy with our recruitment and agree with none of the content of the post. That's great. Its a fans forum where it's all about opinions. I think we are not getting value for money from our recruitment policy hence the post.

By knowing someone very close to the player and being aware of the negotitations that wen't on.
Even at that mate people lie about how much they are paid. My wife thinks I earn 250 quid. As I said unless you were there

Back