Rangers SLO

I'd say it was pretty necessary, imagine the headlines if Greg or any other Rangers employee decided to get a few things off their chest.

So you’re saying the SLO, a club employee isn’t fit to judge what should or should not be made public on the clubs SLO account?

your inbox must be a shitshow @Greg Marshall. Any chance you can hire an assistant (or two)?

I have a team member who’s main role is the slo inbox. We are generally up to date. The problem occurs when we pass it on to another dept generally and it can sometimes slip through. We are looking at different ways to prevent this.

Another one that’s happened a couple of times recently that I’m investigating is where it pulls through from SLO account to the general Customer Service team. I think that’s where someone has emailed us both within the same working day.

Last edited:
A bit tired of this criticism. Anyone at Ibrox can see the work I put in and the majority of fans I speak to tend to get it.

There is a misunderstanding that what is said on twitter is what I do when that’s not the case. The club decides what goes via my account or what goes via the club account/website and they tend to choose the latter now as it has more reach.

Wouldn't waste your time replying to posts like that.

You're on here often enough to know there's a fair sprinkling of absolute nut jobs.

I’m not sure if people misunderstand the word “liaison” or just feign ignorance to have cheap-shots at a fellow Bear.

The SLO, whether it’s Greg or anyone else, is a link between the Club and the support. He’s not managing ‘customer service’ or setting policy and process. The role is there to represent the supporters’ views to management; to to influence its decisions. And he’s there to cascade information to the fans and to help the support get to the right people within the club when they have issues. Sometimes management may ignore his representations and sometimes (often, in my experience) the customer service may be garbage.

The OP emailed the SLO who dealt with it correctly. Because the team supposed to deal with the issue haven’t dealt with it, doesn’t mean the SLO didn’t do his job.

As for the “wage thief” comments from other posters; can only be down to stupidity or malice. For years we criticised Bain and Murray for not hiring Bears and yet as soon as we have fans working for the club, they’re criticised for being paid a salary.

Last edited:
I'm sure the SLO/Club know there's a problem with access to the GE and that they're actively working out trying to find a solution.

What is needed is someone (the SLO?) to acknowledge that and respond. I'm sure that's often all us as supporters want and then action to be taken. Hopefully having a couple of folk to help him out with handling all the replies will help and solve ball ache for all involved. Some would do it for no pay.

I would agree with this. Trying to contact the club about anything & getting a response within a reasonable timescale is a nightmare.

This is a misconception I have to try and address.

My dept shouldn’t be the route you have to go down to speak to the club about general club issues (tickets, lost and found, seat breaks, opening times etc). We need to have robust customer service in order to meet these with my role being around looking at ensure supporter opinion is helping shape club decision making.

I would say the changes to CS have led to more one working day responses than ever but we need to look at ways to ensure everyone gets an answer in the right timeframe.

The work I am doing now (feedback survey, engagement sessions, focus groups, one to ones, drop ins) are helping make changes at the club. A good example of this is the recent changes to seat sub.

So you’re saying the SLO, a club employee isn’t fit to judge what should or should not be made public on the clubs SLO account?
Any “official” social media account for any organisation has policies about what gets said via what channel and the roles who get to sign off on it. The employees themselves don’t get to decide it for themselves.

Sorry the dept we have passed it on to haven’t responded.

The issue has been highlighted by the feedback we are getting from our matchday surveys and it’s on the list to raise at the next ops meeting I attend.

I’m not sure if our safety team would agree with your proposed solution but it’s something that can be looked at.
Has the mygers department responded to you regarding the gold % increase in relation to overall mygers membership % increase in the same period?

That’s been 3 weeks now

My dept shouldn’t be the route you have to go down to speak to the club about general club issues (tickets, lost and found, seat breaks, opening times etc). We need to have robust customer service in order to meet these with my role being around looking at ensure supporter opinion is helping shape club decision making.

I would say the changes to CS have led to more one working day responses than ever but we need to look at ways to ensure everyone gets an answer in the right timeframe.

The work I am doing now (feedback survey, engagement sessions, focus groups, one to ones, drop ins) are helping make changes at the club. A good example of this is the recent changes to seat sub.

I have possibly missed it somewhere but could the matchday feedback survey be posted as a "sticky" at the top of the front page as there was something I wanted to say about Tuesday night which I did not get round to doing. Trying to keep criticism of club admin constructive of course!

I have a team member who’s main role is the slo inbox. We are generally up to date. The problem occurs when we pass it on to another dept generally and it slips through. We are looking at different ways to prevent this.

Another one that’s happened a couple of times recently that I’m investigating is where it pulls through from SLO account to the general Customer Service team. I think that’s where someone has emailed us both within the same working day.
Admire your honesty on issues but you do nothing to dispel the notion that operationally we are a tin pot shambles.

The paying public are treated like mugs and it’s not our fault that you or your boss cannot get a rather simple operation to work. It’s beyond a joke now how long we’ve been working to make things better when there are some very obvious solutions out there to capture incoming enquires.

You’ll know this yourself but you’ve been hung out to dry by the club as the face of an operation that isn’t capable of running itself. It seems the club are will putting you out there to take the abuse is the only solution they are interested in.

Last edited:
Admire your honesty on issues but you do nothing to dispel the notion that operationally we are a tin pot shambles.

The paying public are treated like mugs and it’s not our fault that you or your boss cannot get a rather simple operation to work. It’s beyond a joke now how long we’ve been working to make things better when there are some very obvious solutions out there to capture incoming enquires.

You’ll know this yourself but you’ve been hung out to dry by the club as the face of an operation that isn’t capable of running itself. It seems the club will putting you out there to take the abuse is the only solution they are interested in.

Edited my comment to convey that things slipping through are more rare than the sentence I wrote conveyed.

I have seen genuine improvements in the last 12 months but I see us on a journey to be the best we can be and that will require continued focus on the aspects affecting fans most.

Any “official” social media account for any organisation has policies about what gets said via what channel and the roles who get to sign off on it. The employees themselves don’t get to decide it for themselves.

So if the SLO isn’t managing the SLO account, then who is?

Changes are being made that is correct, but there are plenty of examples in this thread alone that show that it is far from a misconception.

Unfortunately for your department, it is one of the few routes that is open for customers to use for general club issues. The ticket office is pretty much unreachable, the Castore “concierge” seems to pick & choose which emails to respond to, so of course your department is going to be approached.

Liaison is in the job title so naturally people assume the role is to liaise with other departments that are ignoring them.

The personal digs at you are out of line but unfortunately there are people within the support that don’t really know how to behave properly.

Edited my comment to convey that things slipping through are more rare than the sentence I wrote conveyed.

I have seen genuine improvements in the last 12 months but I see us on a journey to be the best we can be and that will require continued focus on the aspects affecting fans most.

Enquired about hospitality season tickets.

Reply was from hospitality saying someone else from hospitality would get back to me.

This was over 2 months ago. Still waiting. Customer service is non existent.

He’s told you he’s managing it, but the club are determining what messages he’s to release via the SLO account versus the messages the club’s primary account puts out. There is no contradiction there and, again, makes Rangers no different from any other organisation.

The key point is that the club are broadcasting the messages. We have made internal changes to help ensure that we are planning our supporter comms in a better way and again the changes are seeing improvements but it’s a process not a switch imo

I have a team member who’s main role is the slo inbox. We are generally up to date. The problem occurs when we pass it on to another dept generally and it can sometimes slip through. We are looking at different ways to prevent this.

What sort of volume of queries are received on a daily basis? Just out of interest.

What sort of volume of queries are received on a daily basis? Just out of interest.

It really does fluctuate.

Around this time last year we received around 7000 emails in the inbox for the month.

This year we will be likely a third of that if I had to predict. But it’s a result of better CS answers from that team and more one touch answers the fans comms being a bit clearer.

Theres the issue - we’re now 1 year on from Ross County away and the customer service department is still as shit as it was before

There’s a handful of ticket office staff that are tremendous to deal with but it’s hard to get in contact given the phone lines are down

We’ve brought in a customer service manager to improve these things and from a customer perspective, it’s still as bad as it was before. Is it possible for the mygers team to get trained on the system so the responses they give supporters is actually accurate?

Changes are being made that is correct, but there are plenty of examples in this thread alone that show that it is far from a misconception.

Unfortunately for your department, it is one of the few routes that is open for customers to use for general club issues. The ticket office is pretty much unreachable, the Castore “concierge” seems to pick & choose which emails to respond to, so of course your department is going to be approached.

Liaison is in the job title so naturally people assume the role is to liaise with other departments that are ignoring them.

The personal digs at you are out of line but unfortunately there are people within the support that don’t really know how to behave properly.

Totally agree with this. What the club don’t seem to grasp is that having poor comms in the first place leads to them being inundated with enquiries.

Take corporate for example. You wouldn’t know we have an away game in Holland in around 10 days time. Absolutely zero communication about tickets, day trips etc. it’s left to individuals to pester the club to get answers which just adds to the workload. A simple email yesterday to say what’s happening would solve everything

Thankless task, I played in the Rangers charity game the week of Seville and Greg was chatting to a few of us, his phone was going daft with messages from fans and he was trying to rectify misinformation that had been posted about Seville events etc but his hands were tied by the club if I remember correctly and he was waiting for permission to post.

Takes some amount of abuse, always been good with me whenever I have messaged. Thankless job but if you are ever allowed to hire assistants (non zero hour), I'd love to spend my working days at Ibrox

The turnstiles at the GE corner on European nights.

Absolute disgrace mate having only 2 available for 3 sections, I offered a solution that those in GE1 could also enter through GF turnstiles and those in GE3 could enter in CF turnstiles.

Would make life a lot easier as the queue is usually bent round past club shop on a European night.

Then you have useless stewards allowing people to jump queue and creates anger from those who have been stood waiting.
I couldn't agree more.I am in GE3 and literally a few yards away fro CF stairway , yet we cannot use CF turnstiles , totally illogical!

You’ll know this yourself but you’ve been hung out to dry by the club as the face of an operation that isn’t capable of running itself. It seems the club will putting you out there to take the abuse is the only solution they are interested in.
Yeah but in fairness, that’s not Greg’s fault. It’s clear as day that the board are playing lip service to saying they’ll improve the customer experience

As much as I disagree with Greg on majority of mygers, I know that he has an impossible job and he generally does go above and beyond on match days to help people etc.

It’s not Greg’s fault that the customer service department is utterly shit

Thankless task, I played in the Rangers charity game the week of Seville and Greg was chatting to a few of us, his phone was going daft with messages from fans and he was trying to rectify misinformation that had been posted about Seville events etc but his hands were tied by the club if I remember correctly and he was waiting for permission to post.

Takes some amount of abuse, always been good with me whenever I have messaged. Thankless job but if you are ever allowed to hire assistants (non zero hour), I'd love to spend my working days at Ibrox

Wasn’t the club that had our hands tied on Seville. The Spanish police didn’t want us revealing La Cartuja until the Friday iirc as it was one of the conditions of them granting it. Frustrating as we had done all the comms but couldn’t go out without that section.

A lot of the issues could be solved if the club bothered to engage
Fixed that for you

The fact we have people who can email the club and not even get a response at all never mind inside any form of SLA is beyond pathetic.

If people are contacting the club, it’s because they are in need of help. They aren’t emailing to ask how your weekend was. Help them! And help them in an organised, robust and timely manner. It’s really not that difficult.

End of the day to improve any of these issues regarding customer service,ticket office or anything else people want to see improvement in will take investment and probably a considerable one. This all down to the fact it was ignored for so long before the board came in.
I just don’t see where we would get the amount of money needed to get these improvements done in the time frame fans expect without sacrificing something if we are operating within our budget. Would we sacrifice investment in the playing squad to get these improved.That alone would kick up a hornets nest if we decided not to buy Tillman but improved everything using his asking fee money.
I’m assuming the club has 2 budgets in mind so the “norm” one being us in Europa league like the last few years and one for if we make the champions league.
Now would people be happy to take the extra and probably not expected champions league money to improve the club services and stadium rather than invest that in playing squad?

Wasn’t the club that had our hands tied on Seville. The Spanish police didn’t want us revealing La Cartuja until the Friday iirc as it was one of the conditions of them granting it. Frustrating as we had done all the comms but couldn’t go out without that section.

My bad, aside from the charity game I have very selective memory of that week

A bit tired of this criticism. Anyone at Ibrox can see the work I put in and the majority of fans I speak to tend to get it.

There is a misunderstanding that what is said on twitter is what I do when that’s not the case. The club decides what goes via my account or what goes via the club account/website and they tend to choose the latter now as it has more reach.
Keep up the good work Greg, there are far more people on here appreciate the work you do than dont, its a tough gig you've got id say, a bit like trying to keep the tide out with a pitch fork. WATP.

Tbh the frustration at the lack of customer service at the ticket office gets taken out on Greg, I do think it's utterly embarrassing that we don't have an active phone line and email responses can take weeks but I don't think that's anything to do with Greg.

Enquired about hospitality season tickets.

Reply was from hospitality saying someone else from hospitality would get back to me.

This was over 2 months ago. Still waiting. Customer service is non existent.

That's really poor service mate.

How much are the club potentially losing due to poor service like this?

The Infrastructure around the Club is Falling to Pieces, and Why? they can’t keep up with our success.

Can you explain the new role as I presume your deputy, how many positions and why its not a fulltime contract with a proper wage?

End of the day to improve any of these issues regarding customer service,ticket office or anything else people want to see improvement in will take investment and probably a considerable one. This all down to the fact it was ignored for so long before the board came in.
I just don’t see where we would get the amount of money needed to get these improvements done in the time frame fans expect without sacrificing something if we are operating within our budget. Would we sacrifice investment in the playing squad to get these improved.That alone would kick up a hornets nest if we decided not to buy Tillman but improved everything using his asking fee money.
I’m assuming the club has 2 budgets in mind so the “norm” one being us in Europa league like the last few years and one for if we make the champions league.
Now would people be happy to take the extra and probably not expected champions league money to improve the club services and stadium rather than invest that in playing squad?
The stadium, yes I agree with you. I would rather have another player than a lick of paint & new seats (although it would be nice) but on the club services part, we already have an infrastructure for club services

What we don’t have is any form of structure within it. That is the issue

The creation of SLA, inboxes with filters and clear, defined roles & objectives is all it needs. So if an email comes in, it has to be dealt with within let’s say 24-48 hours. If it needs transferred to a different department then it is traceable so there is a joined up approach. That costs nothing but time and effort

If you wanted to spend money to revamp it and to bring in some form of CRM system to house it and track responses etc then yes that would cost money but it is negligible in terms of budget costs so the fact we haven’t done this or seem to just be acceptant of the way they work makes an already poor experience even worse

A few really easy steps would overhaul the departments and get them working in a much more joined up and far more efficient manner. It’s not difficult to do

I’m not sure if people misunderstand the word “liaison” or just feign ignorance to have cheap-shots at a fellow Bear.

The SLO, whether it’s Greg or anyone else, is a link between the Club and the support. He’s not managing ‘customer service’ or setting policy and process. The role is there to represent the supporters’ views to management; to to influence its decisions. And he’s there to cascade information to the fans and to help the support get to the right people within the club when they have issues. Sometimes management may ignore his representations and sometimes (often, in my experience) the customer service may be garbage.

The OP emailed the SLO who dealt with it correctly. Because the team supposed to deal with the issue haven’t dealt with it, doesn’t mean the SLO didn’t do his job.

As for the “wage thief” comments from other posters; can only be down to stupidity or malice. For years we criticised Bain and Murray for not hiring Bears and yet as soon as we have fans working for the club, they’re criticised for being paid a salary.
The last SLO is a rangers man and he was slated, funny enough by those who praise greig

It really does fluctuate.

Around this time last year we received around 7000 emails in the inbox for the month.

This year we will be likely a third of that if I had to predict. But it’s a result of better CS answers from that team and more one touch answers the fans comms being a bit clearer.
Greg my sons ccs payment for Tuesdays game hasn't been taken can you send any light on this please .

Can you explain the new role as I presume your deputy, how many positions and why its not a fulltime contract with a proper wage?

It’s predominantly a match-day role. Will be up to 6 people.

So it’s not a full-time position - I see it as something someone can do in addition to their normal job and I’m hoping to identify Rangers ST holders with various experiences. I have a fan engagement exec in my team and work with our community and disability teams so the team is making strides. We are developing the fan engagement dept over time so that it’s a fully formed dept in its own right.

The key role is to liaise with fans in and around the stadium. There is scope for the role to grow as the new incumbents find their feet and we show the value.

The last SLO is a rangers man and he was slated, funny enough by those who praise greig

I have no issues with Jim at all but from my understanding, my role and his role are quite different in practise. I’ve tried to develop the role into a European approach looking at the club’s most successful in terms of fan engagement. This year is the first push to mirror much of the best practice. It’s a lot of work but once standardised will make a big difference.

I know I get a hard time from some of the people he was close to but that’s natural.

Do you have any discussion with the people who run RTV CS? I've been waiting for a response to a query that I sent in via webform nearly a month ago.

I know this isn't your area as you have just stated but there doesn't seem to be any escalation point when elements of the club aren't responding and at least you do seem to respond.

Back