Rangers SLO

Do you have any discussion with the people who run RTV CS? I've been waiting for a response to a query that I sent in via webform nearly a month ago.

I know this isn't your area as you have just stated but there doesn't seem to be any escalation point when elements of the club aren't responding and at least you do seem to respond.

No, they are external to the club. Where I have to go is our internal team to link in via them.

So if I have to escalate it would be to our head of RTV.

Greg has been very helpful any time I have had to contact him. I go think the job title (from UEFA) is very misleading when you look at the job description.

I emailed over 2 weeks ago with a query/complaint and I received a standard reply from the club within 24 hours.

The reply was that my query had been passed to relevant department but I’ve heard nothing back since then.

They did send a feedback email asking me to rate the support I got which was not returned with a high score :rolleyes:

Does it really take coming up for 3 weeks to reply to someone with an update? Any other business would not leave customers this long or expect to keep them as customers.

Club is severely lacking in this department

@Greg Marshall
I emailed them about 8 times over a 3 week period had to wait till ticket office actually opened to get the problem sorted as you can’t even get a hold of them on the phone it’s a shambles

Sorry the dept we have passed it on to haven’t responded.

The issue has been highlighted by the feedback we are getting from our matchday surveys and it’s on the list to raise at the next ops meeting I attend.

I’m not sure if our safety team would agree with your proposed solution but it’s something that can be looked at.
What could possibly be a safety issue?

The stadium, yes I agree with you. I would rather have another player than a lick of paint & new seats (although it would be nice) but on the club services part, we already have an infrastructure for club services

What we don’t have is any form of structure within it. That is the issue

The creation of SLA, inboxes with filters and clear, defined roles & objectives is all it needs. So if an email comes in, it has to be dealt with within let’s say 24-48 hours. If it needs transferred to a different department then it is traceable so there is a joined up approach. That costs nothing but time and effort

If you wanted to spend money to revamp it and to bring in some form of CRM system to house it and track responses etc then yes that would cost money but it is negligible in terms of budget costs so the fact we haven’t done this or seem to just be acceptant of the way they work makes an already poor experience even worse

A few really easy steps would overhaul the departments and get them working in a much more joined up and far more efficient manner. It’s not difficult to do
Regarding the stadium improvements I was more thinking of the disabled section that gets quite a few threads on here and important areas such as that rather than a quick paint job but yeah I agree with you on that. Would rather a player than some new seats and some fresh paint.
I really don’t know how big businesses that deals with the volume of people that the club has to deal with so I assumed any system that was an issue would need an upgrade which would need money. Such as the ticket office systems and potentially the expansion of the customer services teams.
Again this is just stuff I thought would need money.

What could possibly be a safety issue?
I'm guessing here but could the issue not be that if folk are entering through the Copland or Govan turnstiles rather than the GE Corner ones then the records for those stands will likely show 'over-occupancy' (yes, I know you can easily get from one to the other, I was in GF7 last week) and that might impact on safety certificates? Just a guess, as I say.

While you are here @Greg Marshall can you tell whoever needs to hear it...

The website and ticketing are an absolute shambles. I can't remember the last time i tried to buy my seat for a game where there wasn't a problem of some sort. For a club of our size the whole system is an absolute disgrace.

The ticket office needs to have a working phone line where you can actually speak to another human being who can solve any issues within a minute or two. The current system of emailing someone and then waiting days for a reply is an absolute joke. What genius decided that a business with 50,000 paying customers every week didn't need a phone line? It's all very well saying that they wanted to move everything online but when that doesn't work either then surely you can see the flaw in the plan?

While you are here @Greg Marshall can you tell whoever needs to hear it...

The website and ticketing are an absolute shambles. I can't remember the last time i tried to buy my seat for a game where there wasn't a problem of some sort. For a club of our size the whole system is an absolute disgrace.

The ticket office needs to have a working phone line where you can actually speak to another human being who can solve any issues within a minute or two. The current system of emailing someone and then waiting days for a reply is an absolute joke. What genius decided that a business with 50,000 paying customers every week didn't need a phone line? It's all very well saying that they wanted to move everything online but when that doesn't work either then surely you can see the flaw in the plan?
The online ticketing platform is something that is acknowledged as a priority - I would ask that supporters take the opportunities to feedback on their thoughts where possible as it helps me build a picture to share.

The online ticketing platform is something that is acknowledged as a priority - I would ask that supporters take the opportunities to feedback on their thoughts where possible as it helps me build a picture to share.

Who made the decision to shut the phone lines and when will they be reinstated? Surely someone at customer service executive level can see that people are absolutely sick of not being able to speak to someone in the ticket office without physically going? If it's a staffing issue then hire more people! It's all very well saying that it's a priority but the evidence suggests otherwise and the club will actually be losing money by not making it easy for people to buy tickets or upgrade juniors and concessions to full paying adults.

We pay players 30k a week but won't employ more staff on less than that a year to answer the phones? It's an absolute joke

Who made the decision to shut the phone lines and when will they be reinstated? Surely someone at customer service executive level can see that people are absolutely sick of not being able to speak to someone in the ticket office without physically going? If it's a staffing issue then hire more people! It's all very well saying that it's a priority but the evidence suggests otherwise and the club will actually be losing money by not making it easy for people to buy tickets or upgrade juniors and concessions to full paying adults.

We pay players 30k a week but won't employ more staff on less than that a year to answer the phones? It's an absolute joke
They’ve taken the “lean” approach to customer service departments to the absolute extremes

I don’t necessarily think the ticket office has to be open 5 days a week however they should commit to being open twice a week and have a direct phone line. Not everyone is able to email and then hang about waiting for a phone call to come through

They’ve taken the “lean” approach to customer service departments to the absolute extremes

I don’t necessarily think the ticket office has to be open 5 days a week however they should commit to being open twice a week and have a direct phone line. Not everyone is able to email and then hang about waiting for a phone call to come through
And advertise when they are open. I only found out from another poster this morning that they appear to be opening the day before a match in addition to matchday. If that is correct it needs disseminated (unless I've missed it). I knew it happened for the friendlies but have seen nothing since. It seems they were open yesterday and will be again on Monday. Are you aware if that is correct?

I had to email the ticket office for virtually every home game to upgrade a concession to an adult last season. Around half the times i emailed i got a phone call and did it over the phone, the rest of the time no one bothered. As i live in London i can't just pop into the ticket office when i need to and sometimes the times of my flights mean i don't have time to do it pre match.

I have no idea why the ticket office can phone me but i can't get through to them if i need to give Rangers money. It's unbelievable that someone actually made the decision to stop allowing paying customers to contact the ticket office by phone. I would genuinely love to know what "genius" made that club policy

And advertise when they are open. I only found out from another poster this morning that they appear to be opening the day before a match in addition to matchday. If that is correct it needs disseminated (unless I've missed it). I knew it happened for the friendlies but have seen nothing since. It seems they were open yesterday and will be again on Monday. Are you aware if that is correct?

Not everyone lives within 10 minutes of Ibrox though, the whole ticketing and website situation is a fucking shambles

Not everyone lives within 10 minutes of Ibrox though, the whole ticketing and website situation is a fucking shambles
I'm 300 miles from Ibrox mate so I understand what you are saying. Nevertheless, if its true they are open the day before a match as well as matchday its an improvement - but they need to tell folk that's the case.

The upgrading of tickets should surely be an easy fix via the website though - and would account for a significant percentage of the traffic they see when open I'm sure. Its a win-win with a bit of effort.

No idea in all honesty, I tend to email people directly if there’s any issues but you’re right; the club should be advertising opening times, even if it is another email they need to send out

Quick enough to email about merchandise or advising fans they’d like us to wear blue on Tuesday. Why not put an email comms out regarding opening times rather than only posting it on twitter

I have three season tickets bud in my house, I’m just the same as everyone else
Whilst no one really knows what your relationship is like with the club, I’m pretty sure you could pull a few strings if required

You’re definitely in a privileged position, which has very much been earned but there’s no way your average ST holder has same contacts as you

So you’re saying the SLO, a club employee isn’t fit to judge what should or should not be made public on the clubs SLO account?
I'd say every employee of every company has limitations on what they can say and do when acting on behalf of their Employer.

Imagine Greg had a few beers and some wee whiney scrote was on here or Twitter etc venting his spleen and Greg replied in a way that our haters would love?

Nothing more than box ticking imo.

Club don’t give a f about us other than our money.

Nothing has improved and no amount of feedback will matter.

For a Club of our size and stature we fail at far too many of the straightforward things.

As highlighted previously, whether we like it or not, Rangers are a business now.
It's time it was run properly and like any other business.

Customer relations are a joke and the absolute disregard the fans are held with is ridiculous.
Blind loyalty ensures they get away with it.

I'm guessing here but could the issue not be that if folk are entering through the Copland or Govan turnstiles rather than the GE Corner ones then the records for those stands will likely show 'over-occupancy' (yes, I know you can easily get from one to the other, I was in GF7 last week) and that might impact on safety certificates? Just a guess, as I say.
Maybe Greg can find this out cos his theory is absolute nonsense.

A bit tired of this criticism. Anyone at Ibrox can see the work I put in and the majority of fans I speak to tend to get it.

There is a misunderstanding that what is said on twitter is what I do when that’s not the case. The club decides what goes via my account or what goes via the club account/website and they tend to choose the latter now as it has more reach.

@Greg Marshall for the 2nd time I have been charged double at the kiosks in copland rear how do I go about getting my money back please

@Greg Marshall for the 2nd time I have been charged double at the kiosks in copland rear how do I go about getting my money back please
I was the same at the West ham game in the broomloan rear but it was only for a fanta so not enough to worry about but they are hopeless in some of the kiosks

I emailed over 2 weeks ago with a query/complaint and I received a standard reply from the club within 24 hours.

The reply was that my query had been passed to relevant department but I’ve heard nothing back since then.

They did send a feedback email asking me to rate the support I got which was not returned with a high score :rolleyes:

Does it really take coming up for 3 weeks to reply to someone with an update? Any other business would not leave customers this long or expect to keep them as customers.

Club is severely lacking in this department

@Greg Marshall
Just sent a complaint to the SLO after today's game....be interesting to see how it develops.

Thread has turned into a bit of a bumsnorkeling session for the SLO (he's not going to shag you), a thankless job, obviously can't respond to all queries, but he also sometimes blocks other people from raising queries - for example, I asked a simple question about the Albion Carpark for my old man (disabled and not great with distance) last season and was blocked from sending messages without reply - cheers for the assistance mate.

Hopefully the OP gets a solution to what sounds like a potential crushing hazard for future games - it will be interesting to see if hiring an assistant for the club SLO will result in better service from that area.

Thread has turned into a bit of a bumsnorkeling session for the SLO (he's not going to shag you), a thankless job, obviously can't respond to all queries, but he also sometimes blocks other people from raising queries - for example, I asked a simple question about the Albion Carpark for my old man (disabled and not great with distance) last season and was blocked from sending messages without reply - cheers for the assistance mate.

Hopefully the OP gets a solution to what sounds like a potential crushing hazard for future games - it will be interesting to see if hiring an assistant for the club SLO will result in better service from that area.

Just to be clear. I have never blocked anyone from sending messages. Even the most abusive twitter comments I don’t block.

The club did block some offensive messages via a swear filter but that’s not something I was party too and from my understanding it was mainly people abusing club staff. Based on what you’ve said that doesn’t sound like you so no idea why you would have your messages blocked?

Also I’m not hiring an assistant. I have an admin already. The new role is to engage with more supporters on matchday to feed into the overall engagement strategy.

Just to be clear. I have never blocked anyone from sending messages. Even the most abusive twitter comments I don’t block.

The club did block some offensive messages via a swear filter but that’s not something I was party too and from my understanding it was mainly people abusing club staff. Based on what you’ve said that doesn’t sound like you so no idea why you would have your messages blocked?

Also I’m not hiring an assistant. I have an admin already. The new role is to engage with more supporters on matchday to feed into the overall engagement strategy.
You did mate, you blocked me from sending your Rangers SLO twitter account a DM after I asked you about paying for the Albion Carpark (when there was no option online) - I'm not on here to have a go at you, just throwing my experience in the mix - I have no reason to make this up mate, just a bit disappointed I couldn't get a response, but that's the same from most areas at the Club.

Its definitely going to boil over one of these times as you have people cutting into the queue whilst the stewards just watch and do nothing.

I can understand what Greg’s saying re the safety side of allowing us into another stand but once your in through GE corner turnstiles you can literally move anywhere along CF or GF anyway and surely in this day and age once a cards scanned someone in then it doesn’t make a difference.

Its definitely going to boil over one of these times as you have people cutting into the queue whilst the stewards just watch and do nothing.

I can understand what Greg’s saying re the safety side of allowing us into another stand but once your in through GE corner turnstiles you can literally move anywhere along CF or GF anyway and surely in this day and age once a cards scanned someone in then it doesn’t make a difference.
Sounds like a potential hazard mate, hopefully it does get raised and resolved. If you are able to move freely between the sections when you are in to get to your seat, I can't imagine it's too much of an issue to open up a cess via those turnstiles for your section as well - that's for them to decide.

For same problem as me or something different?
Something different mate. Two abject cvnts near me, throwing up over supporters in front of them, carrying on drinking and a litany of FTP the whole game. Aggressive to other Bears and could hardly stand still they were so drunk. Absolute dross that our fan base can do without. Cops and Stewards turned a fuckin blind eye as usual!!!

Got a feeling they are onto a sore one if they are seen in there again!!

(They both got a sore one today)

Sounds like a potential hazard mate, hopefully it does get raised and resolved. If you are able to move freely between the sections when you are in to get to your seat, I can't imagine it's too much of an issue to open up a cess via those turnstiles for your section as well - that's for them to decide.
My thoughts exactly mate.

Hopefully something gets done as there’s too many fans having to access via 2 turnstiles.

My thoughts exactly mate.

Hopefully something gets done as there’s too many fans having to access via 2 turnstiles.
I can't even begin to imagine the logistical considerations the club have to make for all of us turning up every other week, it must be a nightmare even when it all works out well - but these potential risks will always need to be highlighted, safety is the most important consideration after all mate.

Do you have any discussion with the people who run RTV CS? I've been waiting for a response to a query that I sent in via webform nearly a month ago.

I know this isn't your area as you have just stated but there doesn't seem to be any escalation point when elements of the club aren't responding and at least you do seem to respond.
I've been waiting over a month to hear from RTV. In fact I don't think I even had the courtesy of a response from a previous query I submitted.

What I will say after reading through this thread. It is actually quite refreshing to have the SLO engaging and answer questions on here

I hope this isn’t a one off occasion as there is merit in you being available on here

I would say that personal attacks are wrong as they are the people on the front line but I do think supporters complaints are at the bottom of directors in tray, I know we are A massive club but we act like a small club when it comes to customer relations and it needs to change.

You did mate, you blocked me from sending your Rangers SLO twitter account a DM after I asked you about paying for the Albion Carpark (when there was no option online) - I'm not on here to have a go at you, just throwing my experience in the mix - I have no reason to make this up mate, just a bit disappointed I couldn't get a response, but that's the same from most areas at the Club.

No mate, the club asked me to turn off DMs during the Malmo issues when we analysed where the queries were coming - and asked I tweeted to push requests into slo@rangers.co.uk. so unanswered ones couldn’t be sent answered. I didn’t block anyone from the SLO account. I never have.

Back