Rangers Statement concerning discriminatory comments on women’s football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes just a wean that wants attention and not happy that womans football is getting more than him.

He is all talk, remember what he was going to do when he came up here? Then he couldn't even look brown in the eye, thats the mark of the man.

Pretty unnecessary of the club to respond to any of that tbh. The actions of the club speak louder than words and its obvious Rangers are supporting the women's game to a large extent.
He basically abused our women’s Captain on social media. I think it was justified to respond. Other threads on this forum bemoan our lack of ‘fighting back’ against negative media and tendency to stay quiet. Yes, Barton should best be ignored, but the reality is he is prominent right now, and supporting a member of staff is important.

You'd think a guy whose contribution to Rangers was getting megged by a Hamilton Accies player and owned by Scott fùckin Brown would keep his head down

He's clearly as thick as shìt
He believes he's God's gift.

The reality is he was a mediocre player and is now the social media equivalent of the alkie tosser sat on his own at the bar trying to pick fights with everyone, when he couldn't even fight sleep.

Lesbo Ball? Did he actually write those words? :oops:

Where has anyone ever said that woman’s football is comparable with the men’s game? By his own methods then he shouldn’t comment on the Euros when they come around as that’s a level above he ever managed to play?
The only people who continually compare mens and women’s football are men like Barton who think they own football.

You will rarely find anyone in the women’s game who thinks it’s comparable.

He basically abused our women’s Captain on social media. I think it was justified to respond. Other threads on this forum bemoan our lack of ‘fighting back’ against negative media and tendency to stay quiet. Yes, Barton should best be ignored, but the reality is he is prominent right now, and supporting a member of staff is important.
Plenty abuse our mens captain (loads of our own right enough) and we've never released a statement about that.

Barton is an oxygen thief and should be treated as such. Watch him come back now with some bollox about his time at our club. An absolute certainty.

Is he having some sort of breakdown? He's always been a prick of course but this is off the scale mental.

What is he hoping to gain?

Where has anyone ever said that woman’s football is comparable with the men’s game? By his own methods then he shouldn’t comment on the Euros when they come around as that’s a level above he ever managed to play?
Yeah he wrote them and it's not the first time he has done it either.

I said on another thread he's going to get himself a charge sheet the way he's carrying on. Lesbo ball is sailing close to the wind and while I'm loathe to see anyone arrested for words I'd make an exception for that throbber.

He believes he's God's gift.

The reality is he was a mediocre player and is now the social media equivalent of the alkie tosser sat on his own at the bar trying to pick fights with everyone, when he couldn't even fight sleep.
He has been completely unravelling for months now.

Many thought it was his way of creating engagement ahead of his new podcast, but it clearly runs deeper than that.

It's ironic that folk who feel the world needs to hear their take on how poor women's football is also continue indulging the likes of Barton, who makes constructive debate on the subject harder for everyone else.

It goes without saying that he occasionally threatened to make an agreeable point here or there, but that's part of the act & often him fishing for a route back in after whichever cancellation he has just endured.

It's fair to say that women's football is utterly atrocious viewing.

It's also fair to say that it shouldn't be given as high a billing as it is getting.

But I would advise women to play the game. It builds fitness and community, and the guys who play in our non-league system don't chuck it because they get almost zero attention.

So I wouldn't be unfair to women who play the game, but the level of it is equal to that of boys at the point of puberty and I wouldn't expect any official club website or newspaper or TV station to give high-billing to a 13/14yo schools contest.

And I resent any political extremist who hears someone saying that it has been over-prioritised to insane levels, and replies that they are saying so only because they are a "sexist" (yawn!) or a "misogynist" (zzzzzzzz....).

It's fair to say that women's football is utterly atrocious viewing.

It's also fair to say that it shouldn't be given as high a billing as it is getting.

But I would advise women to play the game. It builds fitness and community, and the guys who play in our non-league system don't chuck it because they get almost zero attention.

So I wouldn't be unfair to women who play the game, but the level of it is equal to that of boys at the point of puberty and I wouldn't expect any official club website or newspaper or TV station to give high-billing to a 13/14yo schools contest.

And I resent any political extremist who hears someone saying that it has been over-prioritised to insane levels, and replies that they are saying so only because they are a "sexist" (yawn!) or a "misogynist" (zzzzzzzz....).
He’s not just saying it’s ‘utterly atrocious viewing’, he’s being homophobic and creating pile ons from his creepy weirdo followers onto a 17 year girl.

And again, nobody except men who hate women’s football are comparing women’s football to men’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back