Rangers Statement concerning discriminatory comments on women’s football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people seriously saying the club shouldn't be backing our woman's team captain?

Jeezo.

Not sure if this is aimed at me.

I find the statement unnecessary. It doesn't actually say much other than what the clubs actions already show. I also don't think the man in question needs his views highlighted or validated by the attention it gives him.

Like I said, the clubs actions speak louder than any words they type. Quite clearly the club have embraced women's football.
They are obviously out of step with the support, because they seem to have almost bugger-all interest.

I wonder if all of the directors attend each and every game that they possibly can?

I mean, they'd be hypocrites if they didn't, wouldn't they?

Good luck to the ladies whenever they play whoever, in whatever competition or competitions they are involved in. Hope you enjoy it, and squeeze out all the benefits that come with playing it.

Not sure if this is aimed at me.

I find the statement unnecessary. It doesn't actually say much other than what the clubs actions already show. I also don't think the man in question needs his views highlighted or validated by the attention it gives him.
Wasn't aimed at anyone specific mate.

The club have to call this stuff out IMO.

They are obviously out of step with the support, because they seem to have almost bugger-all interest.

I wonder if all of the directors attend each and every game that they possibly can?

Good luck to the ladies whenever they play whoever, in whatever competition or competitions they are involved in. Hope you enjoy it, and squeeze out all the benefits that come with playing it.

I don't watch or like women's football mate so pointless saying all this in response to my post! :). Have no trouble with those of another view though.

Bartons comments are over the top and very unfair though. By calling it Lesbo Ball, he loses any argument he may have had.

To be fair its essentially a development sport in Scotland at the moment and the entire footballing world is embracing women's football. Its not in a contest with the mens game and should be supported by the club. The club are absolutely right to support the ladies captain who in turn stood up for a young opponent that was on the receiving end of some pretty nasty stuff from an allegedly grown man

The mental gymnastics from the Celtic fans when Barton fires back at Rangers will be something to behold.

He will be a hero to those dullards.

Club absolutely in the right backing the ladies club captain

For those saying Nicola Docherty should have keep her counsel, nonsense. She was backing up a young 17 year old girl still at school from being slaughtered online by a former professional.

Barton really is an absolute prick, the fact someone like him played for us is a shambles. A shitebag on the pitch as well for us.

He got the sack for being a shite manager and has went full bat shit mental and started appealing to the loonies on Twitter to stay relevant.

And again, nobody except men who hate women’s football are comparing women’s football to men’s.
The BBC sometimes places it at the top of the day's fixtures, and the club doesn't give it any less attention than it did the B-Team.

It's been hugely over-prioritised, and that's why it attracts attention of a disapproving nature which often comes from total shits.

This, I feel, is unfair to the women who show great commitment to their hobby.

A lot of institutions and other sports are quite liberal and forward thinking but, for some strange reason, football has never adequately broached the topic of sexuality. It speaks out about racism and uses the power it has as a sport to do some great charity work, but it's never really managed to address homophobia in football.

My initial thoughts on the concept they presented to me was how simple it was – on a weekend in September every professional footballer in the UK would receive rainbow coloured football laces through their club. By wearing them players could stand together and show that sexuality in sport doesn't matter which would take a big step towards not only kicking homophobia out of football but also pave the way for a more tolerant environment where in the future all players would feel like they could be open about their sexuality

He is so full of shit. Nothing he says bears any substance.

The BBC sometimes places it at the top of the day's fixtures, and the club doesn't give it any less attention than it did the B-Team.

It's been hugely over-prioritised, and that's why it attracts attention of a disapproving nature which often comes from total shits.

I have zero interest in the shite lower league football you watch but I don’t demand it isn’t shown just because I’m not interested in it.

If ‘standards’ are all that matters we’re as well just going with Man City games.

The young thistle keeper is excellent for her age and made an error. Loads of keepers do.

Her dad would knock 7 shades of shite out of Barton too ;)

He better hope he doesn't bump onto the Partick lasses Dad.
Wasn't he a kickboxer?
Well done the club for the statement.
He was indeed and a very good one.

I used to train with him on the early 90s. Holding the bags and pads for him was an experience. :)

I think it's time we stopped posted most things that rancid animal Barton tweets. He's a vile homophobe and a nasty little man. He doesn't deserve the attention.

Right on the club for defending the women's game and the young woman involved. The shite from Barton, and the kind of cretins that support him, was beyond the pale.

I don't particularly care for the women's game, so I just don't watch or read about it. Seems to work for me.

Your problem here is the women’s game, especially in England, gets more people attending than all the men’s teams in Scotland apart from 2 - so it’s really not surprising it’s in a more prominent position.

Also really don’t need the disparaging comments about it being a hobby, they are professionals, doing their job.

Worrying for the prick that is Joey Barton, he’s picked on the wean of a serious fighter who is one of the last guys you’d want to come chapping on your door for pay back

Lex is more than a previous kick boxing champion if you catch my drift

I doh't know why I haven't fouhd women's football to be watchable.

After all, Bullseye was on a Sunday afternoon, and the level of dartistry involved in that was nowhere near that of the Embassy World Championships, but I bloody loved Bullseye.

Perhaps the women's game should replace the goal with a rotating disc?

Ball goes into one of the holes, say it's Faces, they look at a big screen, and if they get it right by saying it's Cliff Mitchelmore or Thora Hird they win a pair of crystal glasses?

And the team that wins can gamble for the car, an enormous 4x4, ideal for those school runs.

But instead of "nothing in this game for two in a bed", I'd make that the star prize, which is a Vic-20 kiddies computer.

There. I've developed it... Aw, shit, Jim Bowen's deid!

The only people who continually compare mens and women’s football are men like Barton who think they own football.

You will rarely find anyone in the women’s game who thinks it’s comparable.
It's clearly two different games, the issue with this tit is he moans about females commenting on the mens game, but then does exactly what he preaches against,

Not the brightest is barton.

It's fair to say that women's football is utterly atrocious viewing.

It's also fair to say that it shouldn't be given as high a billing as it is getting.

But I would advise women to play the game. It builds fitness and community, and the guys who play in our non-league system don't chuck it because they get almost zero attention.

So I wouldn't be unfair to women who play the game, but the level of it is equal to that of boys at the point of puberty and I wouldn't expect any official club website or newspaper or TV station to give high-billing to a 13/14yo schools contest.

And I resent any political extremist who hears someone saying that it has been over-prioritised to insane levels, and replies that they are saying so only because they are a "sexist" (yawn!) or a "misogynist" (zzzzzzzz....).

Absolutely no-one has mentioned the quality of the women's game until you.

The quality of football on show or the level of priority given to it doesn't factor into defending our player & her colleagues having homophobic slurs aimed at them.

I doh't know why I haven't fouhd women's football to be watchable.

After all, Bullseye was on a Sunday afternoon, and the level of dartistry involved in that was nowhere near that of the Embassy World Championships, but I bloody loved Bullseye.

Perhaps the women's game should replace the goal with a rotating disc?

Ball goes into one of the holes, say it's Faces, they look at a big screen, and if they get it right by saying it's Cliff Mitchelmore or Thora Hird they win a pair of crystal glasses?

And the team that wins can gamble for the car, an enormous 4x4, ideal for those school runs.

But instead of "nothing in this game for two in a bed", I'd make that the star prize, which is a Vic-20 kiddies computer.

There. I've developed it... Aw, shit, Jim Bowen's deid!
Some things are better left unsaid.

I think it's time we stopped posted most things that rancid animal Barton tweets. He's a vile homophobe and a nasty little man. He doesn't deserve the attention.

Right on the club for defending the women's game and the young woman involved. The shite from Barton, and the kind of cretins that support him, was beyond the pale.

I don't particularly care for the women's game, so I just don't watch or read about it. Seems to work for me.
I've never watched a woman's game in my life but I do have a remote control. Maybe these half wits should learn how to work one and change the channel.

Still don't think we should have given the prick the attention, this wont be the end of it

I would imagine the Gay members of the Women's team and Staff will have welcomed the Club supporting them . Barton deliberately tagged Nicola Docherty using the Lesbo Ball slur she didn't tag him when she tweeted her support for the Patrick Thistle Goalkeeper. He knew what he was doing with that tweet .

Some things are better left unsaid.
It's a bad day when intentionally daft and ridiculously far-fetched pieces of stupidity, which are devoid of any serious points and have nothing that is potentially offensive to anyone, anywhere, are better left unsaid.

And Bullseye was awesome. Admit it.

You've got the time it takes Dylan McGeogh to jump the dyke to find anything serious or offensive contained within that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back