Rangers Statement on Edmondson and Jones breaking Covid regulations

If the pair of them get sacked then I'll back the decision 100% and neither of that fùcking halfwits have any right to complain if it does come to that.

What were they thinking! Their idiotic selfish actions cannot be excused. I really can't see how they can regain the trust of the club, the management or the players. The lack of respect towards their colleagues is sickening. Some people don't know they are born and certainly don't deserve the privileges afforded them.

Because if they’ve been caught last night, we don’t know when else they may have broken protocol. Obviously there is no evidence they’ve done so, so I’m not going to criticise them for a hypothetical. But given their contempt for the club’s instructions, it’s not outwith the realms of possibility, is it?
You're not going to criticise a hypothetical then end with hypothetical? Ok

Because if they’ve been caught last night, we don’t know when else they may have broken protocol. Obviously there is no evidence they’ve done so, so I’m not going to criticise them for a hypothetical. But given their contempt for the club’s instructions, it’s not outwith the realms of possibility, is it?
That's some mental gymnastics there buddy.

The guys a clown but what a strange comment to make.
Why is that?

Being from NI I am also disappointed that he has weakened our squad ahead of such an important game. Happily never see him in a Rangers or NI top ever again.

Last edited:
Pair of idiots.

Well done Rangers on acting decisively.
The club couldn't have acted any other way, I hope they hammer both players.

They knew, absolutely knew that it was going against club policy and government rules.

They shouldn't step foot inside our stadium ever again.

They won't be sacked.

Jones will be moved on, as was probably always the case.

Gerrard will have a stern word and everyone will move on.

No moral problem with them being punted and they’d deserve it. Sacking a footballer is not the same as a normal employee. They’ll get another club no bother. But we’d be writing off £1m or so to make a point. Can see them being placed into the deep freeze and sold at a relative cut rate in January.

I don’t think they will be sacked as they are both saleable assets.

Hopefully they get hammered with a big fine to send a clear message to the rest of the squad. Stuff like this could easily ruin our season.

I'd also imagine that as they were not in the squad on Sunday and I think both are not in the Europa league squad then there is a high probability that they didn't have the day off today like others.

Too busy getting fired into daft wee lassies that will drop them like a stone if a bigger name in football slides in to their DMs. Jones is brainless and it appears Edmundson isn't much better. I'd do anything to be in the position they're in as would thousands of others. As long as the club are in the clear, those two can disappear from the squad altogether.

Jones is 100% finished now. Will no doubt earn a decent wage in SPFL or League 1 once he runs out his contract here.

Edmundson may get another chance as it's his first mistake but only time will tell

That's one strike too many for Jones. Doesn't have the temperment or judgement to be a Rangers player.

Edmundson, stupid boy though he has been, will probably (hopefully) take this as a life lesson, accept the fine and the bollocking he gets and get back to work.

No prospect of anyone getting sacked based on the evidence that's come out so far. Jones will be sold as soon as there is a buyer. George will get another chance I'd imagine and I think on balance fairly.

They shouldn't be sacked but only because of the precedent it would set.

They should train with the development squad and be moved on in January, neither of them are good enough for Rangers anyway.

Jones is 100% finished now. Will no doubt earn a decent wage in SPFL or League 1 once he runs out his contract here.

Edmundson may get another chance as it's his first mistake but only time will tell
I agree. Jones is done but feel like Edmundson is young enough to warrant a 2nd chance if he shows the correct attitude and remorse for his actions.

Feel slightly for Edmundson. Boy always looked to me to be a hard working earnest pro who loved being at Rangers and wanted to give his best for the club.

That said, he deserves all that he gets whatever that may in the end be.

Beyond stupid what they did, I'm not going to try and defend them but I did stuff that was equally as daft and ignorant when I was younger so I'm not going to discuss the morality of it.

Looking at it pragmatically, I think Rangers should take a very firm stance (as they have done) letting the other players know it's not on. Fine them wages (max possible) and donate to Rangers charity partners make it very public that we wont tolerate players putting others at risk.

I'd then move Jones on in Jan as he's got previous and his attitude seems to be an issue, GE I'd let the dust settle and hope he learns from his mistake.

I get that it's hypocritical to treat the two of them differently but everyone deserves a 2nd chance, Jones has used his but I don't want Rangers taking a hit on potentially millions of pounds because of the stupidity of two young boys.

He really doesn't deserve a 2nd chance.

He could've easily destroyed our whole season.
He was already on his second chance, he must train alone between now and January and then be shown the door at the first opportunity. Harsh as it is, I'd do the same with Edmundson.

Beyond stupid what they did, I'm not going to try and defend them but I did stuff that was equally as daft and ignorant when I was younger so I'm not going to discuss the morality of it.

Looking at it pragmatically, I think Rangers should take a very firm stance (as they have done) letting the other players know it's not on. Fine them wages (max possible) and donate to Rangers charity partners make it very public that we wont tolerate players putting others at risk.

I'd then move Jones on in Jan as he's got previous and his attitude seems to be an issue, GE I'd let the dust settle and hope he learns from his mistake.

I get that it's hypocritical to treat the two of them differently but everyone deserves a 2nd chance, Jones has used his but I don't want Rangers taking a hit on potentially millions of pounds because of the stupidity of two young boys.
We would have been lucky to get £750k for the pair of them at the best of times.

Neither of them are very good and it was typical Mark Allen paying close to £1m for Edmundson

Absolute morons. Haven't fully read the story but can we at least confirm they were nowhere near other squad member and this poses no actual issue to our squad?

Back