Rangers take Elite to court

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
‘All will become clear very soon’ was the quote on Twitter from Mark underwood one of the directors from elite in reply to one of our fans. He’s at @UnderferwoodMark if anyone wants search for it.
My interpretation of that is that he was stalling for time.
I suspect that he will be running for the hills ‘very soon’

dudzo

Official Ticketer
We are not that clever and Fat Mike would smell a rat and have us and Elite in court for years!!
probably a bit far fetched. I’m working on the presumption it won’t be elite but a new company with the new guys.elite folds due to the outstanding amount. If only it was that easy!

MrBrightside

This is the 2nd year with Elite,they obviously paid up in the 1st year or we would have heard about it,so it looks like something or someone has spooked them recently as in they have got into bed with fat boy?

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
probably a bit far fetched. I’m working on the presumption it won’t be elite but a new company with the new guys.elite folds due to the outstanding amount. If only it was that easy!
Fat Mike has been pulling stunts like that off for years and can see them 1,000,000 miles away.
What is far more likely it is that Fat Mike has done a deal with the guys from elite who are going to fold the company and the fat one is going to buy it back for a pound.
The directors will trouser a fortune, Rangers will never see that money and Fat Mike will have another chance to delay kit sales and strangle revenue.

Bazoo

Fat Mike has been pulling stunts like that off for years and can see them 1,000,000 miles away.
What is far more likely it is that Fat Mike has done a deal with the guys from elite who are going to fold the company and the fat one is going to buy it back for a pound.
The directors will trouser a fortune, Rangers will never see that money and Fat Mike will have another chance to delay kit sales and strangle revenue.
If it folds and fat Mike buys it for a pound how could the directors trouser a fortune?

buffaloskinners

King etc came in and 'saved us' - and that was great - but I have not been overly impressed by too much else. They got lucky when McInnes shat the bed.

When King moves on it is a great opportunity to have a reshuffle and get some fresh personnel on board. People with a more dynamic outlook and approach. We desperately need it.
The lassie Dempster from Hibs for one .

Drewball

My mum got me a jacket for Christmas, it didn't arrive until after I got back to Gozo.

Just message sher and said to return and keep the money for herself, don't want to be wearing something my mum got me and it turns out none of the money she spent went to the club.

Fucking sick of this shite.

Southsideblueblood

It feels like we don't conduct proper due diligence or any at all. It's embarrassing.

We need fresh people on to the board as soon as possible.
If you add the shitshow re the memorial, it tells you that we continually screw up. I have no faith in this boards ability to make good decisions. The list is endless.

Last edited:

Bluebrox

If you add the shot show re the memorial, it tells you that we continually screw up. I have no faith in this boards ability to make good decisions. The list is endless.
I agree mate. It's not the done thing in here to be critical of King and the board, but I feel they have been poor in many areas. So much room for improvement. So much.

Careca

If elite are breaking their side if the deal to the tune of 3million quid, why is commenting on the situation to fans always clouded in a confidentiality agreement. Surely that’s null and void when they renege on the contract? Who the duck signs these deals.

Viatrophy

Forget the rumours (which you are big enough to decide for yourself)

This is absolute FACT

Rangers have chased Elite for months for money
They hid behind the Injunction
Now Rangers got that lifted it’s been blanket silence & refusals
Now we are taking court action against them to recover it

Any money YOU spend in shops or giving to Elite they are not giving to our club
(whatever motive you think they have)

That’s the facts

Think about where you are spending your money very carefully
Absolutely gutted about this. I will be back in Glasgow next month for the first time in a few years and was looking forward to going into the Rangers shop.

AndythephotoDr

Is there anything in this that could actually be a ploy by the club and elite to ensure the club get the money and it’s not stopped by an injunction by Ashley?

elite seem to be close to Hummel and by all accounts we have a decent relationship with them. By Rangers looking as they have had to put sure the money through the court would that ensure that it couldn’t be stopped by Ashley?

I know I’m plucking at straws perhaps and trying to find a positive.

what could the club do next? Can we just start selling our own stock and face up to what happens in court?

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
Is there anything in this that could actually be a ploy by the club and elite to ensure the club get the money and it’s not stopped by an injunction by Ashley?

elite seem to be close to Hummel and by all accounts we have a decent relationship with them. By Rangers looking as they have had to put sure the money through the court would that ensure that it couldn’t be stopped by Ashley?

what could the club do next? Can we just start selling our own stock and face up to what happens in court?
No. Please read earlier posts.

The_Irrepressibles

My interest is that I work in the shop mate. I’ve stated this on previous threads.
I can’t answer that mate, I’m not part of an Elite/SD conspiracy, and I’m not privy to any in depth business info of SD, Elite or Rangers. As explained, I’ve been told Elite aren’t involved with Ashley, that they have the money, and intend to pay. That’s it. That’s all I know, and all I claim to know.
Not taking sides here, as I can see a potential scenario, however unlikely, where Rangers could secretly be in cahoots with Elite, but publically need to be 'in dispute' legally. Such is the quagmire that SDI have created around us.

But you must admit, if your bosses are really at it, then they aren't going to tell you and instead are going to feed you a line, which might be what you're repeating on here. Reading your posts I think you're well aware of this though but at the moment need to give them the benefit of the doubt and I understand that.

However there's one thing that's bothering me. I remember in the orignal thread you said you were told there would be a statement from Elite released soon. I've been waiting on it ever since. As far as I'm aware this hasn't transpired and that must be a worry to us all. If they lied about that... And even if they've given you excuses since for their silence, ie legal reasons preventing them, then still, it's not exactly trust inducing is it?

Ultimately though, even if what you've been told is right and there's no real battle going on here, it's seems that both sides will need to keep up the appearances that there is one, which is going to mean your shop and the business taking one hell of a hit, reputationally and financially. Because people are generally just not going to buy until it's fully resolved. Simple as that. So it's not looking good either way.

Anyway, just to be clear. Not getting at you at all. You and the rest of the guys in the shop deserve all our support and I appreciate all the information you've given us, as I do @ID10's. Just summarising what I think the present position is for a lot of us, given the info available.

A1bertz

I know what you mean. Fat Mike pulling the strings might show a judge or underline to a judge just how toxic our relationship with Fat Mike is.
If only this was the case.
I just think the fat Chunt is just 3 steps ahead now, most of the time.

jweebear

Let's see who represents Elite in the courts, might give a clue to who's behind the refusal to pass what's owiing over to Rangers?

Last edited:

AndythephotoDr

Hummel made quite a big play for our business.

What's their view of a major distributor causing grief with a marquee customer?
that’s the thing I was getting at. Hummel seem pretty close to Elite as if their businesses are intrinsically linked, Hummel as you said made a huge play to get the clubs business and abbiosly get the naming rights etc. Are they then also involved with some dirty tricks with the club? Has SD got to them too?