Rangers to receive only half of their ticket allocation for Scottish Cup tie at Pittodrie

I was told yesterday that the issue Rangers have with insisting on this is if there happens to be a replay. We have 47000 odd season ticket holders and if the sheep insist on 20% of Ibrox we would need to give them 10000. We all know they wont sell that buy they could insist they are laid away to be sold to Aberdeen fans. The issue them becomes what do you tell 7000 Rangers season ticket holders that they cant come to the game
You should have replied to who told you to stop talking shit mate. The sheep wouldn't take half if that for a weekend match never mind a Wednesday night. And even in some alternate reality where they did nowhere near all the fans are in continuous credit scheme.

So this diddy club and their horrendous stadium arent up to scratch? Surely they should be punished.

This fence stuff is a total fůcking smoke screen. We were able to take the greater amount of fans there for rears with little incident. There is absolutely no reason why there can't be a buffer zone of empty seats like there is at our ground or most other ones for that matter.

Why are they in the competition if they don't have a stadium safe enough to give away fans it's rightful amount of tickets? Also this is the mob that have dodged relegation not once but twice cause other teams grounds were not up to standard?

Honest to god you couldn't make Scottish football up at times the rules get rewritten whenever they feel like it.

I thought they had a rule for cup games that away fans get more than 20%?

Upto 20%

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3998/scottish-fa-handbook-18_19.pdf

29. Tickets for Sale

29.1 For any Match, excluding the Semi-Final Matches and the Final Match, to which admission is wholly or partly by ticket and/or by cash admission at the turnstiles, the Away Club shall have the right to claim admission for its supporters of up to 20% of the spectator capacity of the Registered Ground at which the Match is to be played.

29.2 In the case of Matches falling under the terms of Competition Rule 29.1, the Away Club’s supporters shall be accommodated in an area of the ground which is agreed by both Clubs and the Police authorities after having taken cognisance of the Safety at Sports Ground Act, 1975, where appropriate

They knew the cup rules when they put the fence up, any team could have asked for the 20%, it’s not good enough to just say, sorry can’t do...

Just allocate us a different area of the stadium. Surely they can't just say oh we can't fit 4000 safely in that stand and thats that..what about the stands behind the goals?
Would mean a change to the safety certificate probably as that area is allotted to home fans.

There was a time when the away support sat there

We don't have a fence at Ibrox to segregate supporters so that is bs.
Rangers should insist the full 20%

What's the capacity of that stand at the Beach End?

Surely that could be used for a one off occasion as it is totally separate from their fans (usually when they're playing!! :) )
The Dick Donald Stand (formerly The Beach End Stand) was opened in 1993, and has a capacity of over 6,000.
The problem arising with us getting allocated this stand, would be in having to reciprocate by increasing their ticket allocation in the event of a replay, or subsequent cup ties against them at Ibrox, where they would be screaming for an allocation in excess of 15,000 pro rata.

Rangers must insist on full allocation and make the sheep move the fence
They took the fence down while we were in lower leagues, not sure why as they never filled their dump in that period, in fact their 1st sell out for years has Vs us upon our promotion. Don't believe they've had a sell out since.

As much as we want to moan we would never give the beggars 20% due to segregation issues, same with us at their midden. Shit happens.
I remember getting 18,000 regularly at Parkhead in the 90s, but again that was due to segregation.
We can moan but it is what it is. I still think we will pump Dolly regardless

Why remove the fence in the first place, 20% rule been in place for years, Hibs, Hearts, both Dundee clubs and the mentally challengeds would probably ask for increased allocation.

The Dick Donald Stand (formerly The Beach End Stand) was opened in 1993, and has a capacity of over 6,000.
The problem arising with us getting allocated this stand, would be in having to reciprocate by increasing their ticket allocation in the event of a replay, or subsequent cup ties against them at Ibrox, where they would be screaming for an allocation in excess of 15,000 pro rata.
Its also where their corporate stuff is located so not going to have us making it look better

So the rule isn't actually a rule then.

Scottish football is a complete farce.

What's the capacity of that stand at the Beach End?

Surely that could be used for a one off occasion as it is totally separate from their fans (usually when they're playing!! :) )
6,000 capacity. That’ll do us!

Seriously though, it’s a stand that is seperate and they’ve got an obligation to give us 20%.

D0BONsKWkAAVGXi.jpg

They knew the cup rules when they put the fence up, any team could have asked for the 20%, it’s not good enough to just say, sorry can’t do...
Have posted a few times whether there's a fence or not has nothing to do with it, it's a total red herring. How does every other club manage to separate fans with a buffer zone of empty seats just fine.

that we have been shafted again and our Club just rolls over and allows this to happen. We should be travelling up there with over 4 thousand fans and having a large away support due to it being a cup game. Good shout form the BL we should swarm that poxy city

Their stadium isn’t fit for purpose, don’t know what you expect our club to do about it especially at such short notice.

Demand they move us to another stand if they can't give us the allocation we are entitled to. Push it all the way.

Given a statement went out only a day after the replay, it's hard to agree that the club have done all they can.

Their stadium isn’t fit for purpose, don’t know what you expect our club to do about it especially at such short notice.
Something? Come out and say its a disgrace the rules are not being applied for spurious reasons.

Why was it fit for purpose for years to give us the larger allocation?

Demand they move us to another stand if they can't give us the allocation we are entitled to. Push it all the way.

Given a statement went out only a day after the replay, it's hard to agree that the club have done all they can.

It’s up to 20% in the rules, not that you’re entitled to 20% regardless.

Rangers knew the allocation before the outcome of the replay with Kilmarnock

The only reason we released a statement was due to the fact we haven't got what we asked for and people have been question it

Still believe the safety certificate is deflecting the issue and the police are the real decision

We're entitled to demand 20% of tickets. If they can't extend the normal away section then move us to another stand. Other sides in the league move their home supporters to accommodate us and the mentally challengeds.

If we've done this and the police have ruled it out then fair enough. I don't believe we've done all we can though.

We've not asked for the full 20% just rolled over and accepted the Sheep's crappy offering due to alleged 'safety' issued. They'll be lucky to have 10k fans there shambolic and again a cover up from the Sheep breaching the rules. Our Club should be hammering the message out

Serious question, would you be as laid back over the rules if you hadn’t of happened to get a ticket as part of your away allocation?

Yes, I’d have a ticket regardless of away allocation.

Their stadium isn’t fit for purpose, as @rangeral said, still believe the safety certificate is an issue and the police have had a say.

Yes, I’d have a ticket regardless of away allocation.

Their stadium isn’t fit for purpose, as @rangeral said, still believe the safety certificate is an issue and the police have had a say.
I don't know you or your situation mate. But what I'm taking from that post is that you've got good connections so are guaranteed tickets and tough luck to those who haven't?

I don't know you or your situation mate. But what I'm taking from that post is that you've got good connections so are guaranteed tickets and tough luck to those who haven't?

Not at all. I’d love it if we could have 4K next Sunday, we don’t, because their stadium is a dump and safety concerns won’t allow it.

there was huge swathes of empty seats and the capacity is 20000( approximately) therefore who was making up the attendance figure.

Not at all. I’d love it if we could have 4K next Sunday, we don’t, because their stadium is a dump and safety concerns won’t allow it.
So you are guaranteed tickets then :p

I keep seeing this repeated as if unquestioningly that safety concerns won't allow it. Just seems utter garbage to me. We took a larger allocation for years with little bother. The fence thing is nonsense as well.

“The rules say that the visiting team are entitled to up to 20% except if the safety certificate doesn’t allow it – and it doesn’t,” said a club source.

I'll be astounded if the rules say that at all.

Back