Rangers TV on Samsung smart TV.

wsb&warmy

For the past couple of days, whenever I access Rangers TV via the internet browser on my Samsung smart TV, or the Rangers main website home page, it either freezes for a minute then kicks me out or kicks me out immediately.

It worked fine up until a couple of days ago.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Been using RTV on my Samsung TV via. the Internet browser since we went into lockdown and the last time I logged in was about an hour ago. No issues at all!

Sorry I can’t help… just letting you know it’s fine for me.

Been using RTV on my Samsung TV via. the Internet browser since we went into lockdown and the last time I logged in was about an hour ago. No issues at all!

Sorry I can’t help… just letting you know it’s fine for me.

Side issue. When logging in do you have to use your e mail address as a 'user name'? I used to have a simple user name consisting of just 6 letters. To log in now I have 26 digits to enter. Using a tv remote its a pain in the arse. Is there a simpler way to do this?

For the past couple of days, whenever I access Rangers TV via the internet browser on my Samsung smart TV, or the Rangers main website home page, it either freezes for a minute then kicks me out or kicks me out immediately.

Have you adjusted the light phaser to 3 mate ?

Side issue. When logging in do you have to use your e mail address as a 'user name'? I used to have a simple user name consisting of just 6 letters. To log in now I have 26 digits to enter. Using a tv remote its a pain in the arse. Is there a simpler way to do this?
Try using the smart things app, it allows you to input text using phone

If you haven't got this fixed. See if there's an update to the app and install if there is.
Reboot your router and TV by removing the mains plug for a minute.
If still not working delete the apps cache, cookies and or data.
I've not got a Samsung TV unfortunately but that's sound advice for most browsers on other devices. Google how to do it if your not sure.

Clear cache/cookies for the browser App and check for updates to the TV software.

Samsung smart tv ‘s have full connection to wireless WI-FI , but still don’t function as expected .
I have a sound bar which occasionally can disconnect , when I turn the TV off at source plug , it reconfigures optimal performance for months.
Try doing this , if all the above doesn’t help . Sometimes smart tv’s aren’t so at all.

Samsung smart tv ‘s have full connection to wireless WI-FI , but still don’t function as expected .
I have a sound bar which occasionally can disconnect , when I turn the TV off at source plug , it reconfigures optimal performance for months.
Try doing this , if all the above doesn’t help . Sometimes smart tv’s aren’t so at all.
They are, generally, poor. The old school laptop-HDMI-TV is still the optimum solution.

As above checking the software is up to date and clearing out the cache etc. is a good place to start. Sounds silly but another thing is to get your TV to forget the Wi-Fi network and password and re-enter it again.

Can you cast to the TV. If you have a Samsung phone it'll work better but you should be able to cast the RTV app from a phone or tablet onto the TV as well.

Yes, download the SmartThings app on your phone and you can use it as a TV remote. Can type your email in using your phone keyboard

Probably doesn't help you, but I gave up trying to watch RTV on my Samsung TV browser a couple of years ago and just use a fire stick.

Admittedly my TV is probably about 5/6 years old, but it's a lot easier to troubleshoot any issues with the fire stick than tv.

You might be able to pick up a fire stick in tesco or argos etc today?

Yes, download the SmartThings app on your phone and you can use it as a TV remote. Can type your email in using your phone keyboard

Cheers. Tried it but it says my tv isnt "on". Im in a new flat and I think the tv is connected via a cable system (if that makes sense) as opposed to wi fi, so Smarthings doesnt recognise it even though it shows up on Smarthings on my phone.

I'll ask the lad next door when he comes home from school. I think the P7s get out at 3pm.

Thanks anyway

Cheers. Tried it but it says my tv isnt "on". Im in a new flat and I think the tv is connected via a cable system (if that makes sense) as opposed to wi fi, so Smarthings doesnt recognise it even though it shows up on Smarthings on my phone.

I'll ask the lad next door when he comes home from school. I think the P7s get out at 3pm.

Thanks anyway

Ahhh okay mate fair enough!

I do know that you can also connect a Bluetooth keyboard to most Samsung TVs too but probably a bit too pointless for RTV!

I use an app called 'Web Video Caster' on my phone which has the same app on my Samsung TV and allows me to simply cast directly to TV. I've had zero issues for over a year now rather than using the tv browser or Firestick etc. I can still use my VPN on the phone if I need a holiday.

Didn’t think of it when this happened to me the other day. TV browsers aren’t the best anyway, so thought it just being shit tbh!

Checked mine this morning and still happening. You still getting the issue?

Didn’t think of it when this happened to me the other day. TV browsers aren’t the best anyway, so thought it just being shit tbh!

Yeah still happening, but i've not had the chance to clear the cache or check for a software update yet. I'll do that later when I get home.

It's a pain in the ar5e!

New big upgrade Samsung TV arriving tomorrow. Now glad I am not having to fight it tonight. Hopefully worth watching replays tomorrow.

Just put in 1690 like we all do mate

Update:

I've now cleared cache & cookies and made sure that I'm running on the most up to date software.

Verdict: Still goosed.

Received the new Samsung TV this morning. Just spent a bit of time on this :)

Does not work on the Samsung browser "Fails to render" and quits - no vpn without messing about.
Firestick on the Samsung will start app videos then only get sound. Took quality back to 1024 still not possible.

12 year old TV quite happy to run on Firestick. 2021 top of the range can do rien nothing nada.

Oh well back to read through the rest of the thread to see the best option.

I use an app called 'Web Video Caster' on my phone which has the same app on my Samsung TV and allows me to simply cast directly to TV. I've had zero issues for over a year now rather than using the tv browser or Firestick etc. I can still use my VPN on the phone if I need a holiday.
The answer.
Not needed to use RTV on screen until today but have been casting my phone and mac quite happily for other things. Not much joy casting after adding the necessary level of security (VPN) but this app appears to do what is required so far. Thanks.

The answer.
Not needed to use RTV on screen until today but have been casting my phone and mac quite happily for other things. Not much joy casting after adding the necessary level of security (VPN) but this app appears to do what is required so far. Thanks.
Worth noting you do NOT need a VPN for Ibrox matches this season unless they are at 1500hrs on a Saturday or live on Sky. Coverage starts at 1430hrs today.

See OP here:

Worth noting you do NOT need a VPN for Ibrox matches this season unless they are at 1500hrs on a Saturday or live on Sky. Coverage starts at 1430hrs today.

See OP here:

Now you tell me :))))
Follow you religiously through all the ups and downs but new 2021 top of the range Samsung will not allow me to watch on Smart or on Firestick compared to the 12 year old telly which is sitting in the hall. So left it until today to mirror and never thought the VPN would be an issue. Obviously I want my connection to RTV to be as secure as possible and use NordVPN as recommended.
Well set up for next season.
Just playing back some of Thursday that eye watering infection again...

Now you tell me :))))
Follow you religiously through all the ups and downs but new 2021 top of the range Samsung will not allow me to watch on Smart or on Firestick compared to the 12 year old telly which is sitting in the hall. So left it until today to mirror and never thought the VPN would be an issue. Obviously I want my connection to RTV to be as secure as possible and use NordVPN as recommended.
Well set up for next season.
Just playing back some of Thursday that eye watering infection again...
Have to say my opinion of the browsers on Smart TVs is, in general, very low. Not sure why it won't work though. Its usually more a case of them working alright but the quality being poor in my experience.

As for the Fire TV Stick, should have no problems with that using Silk for a live stream. The main problem there seems to be getting it to play videos because you cannot see the Play icon due to the 'white bar of death' and you cannot scroll to reveal it. TVBro browser can be a workaround for that.

If you are getting no sound are you sure you have rolled over and clicked the disappearing 'unmute' in the top left of the video screen - or expanded to full screen (which has the same effect)?

Finally, if its the Fire TV Stick Max you have (the most recent release) apparently you can sideload the App onto it successfully - which you cannot with any other version of the Fire TV Stick. If its an older stick that you had the App already sideloaded on then it won't work - just use Silk for the live stream and that will work though.

First time ever I’m having an issue. RTV website crashes my Samsung TV browser… have hard reset the TV.

It’s a pretty high need Samsung as well (the frame).

Anyone else having the same?

First time ever I’m having an issue. RTV website crashes my Samsung TV browser… have hard reset the TV.

See post #26 mate. Samsungs seem to be problematic right now. Hmmm.

Remember no VPN required today.

Yes. Just installed web video caster on a Samsung Tab. Cannot stop the sound from my Tab which is 5 seconds behind and is now in another room.

Back