Rangers u17s in russia live on youtube

It would seem we use the mention of age on a regular basis to promote winning added with the age mention for loses , DJ played and scored in 1st team at 16

If good enough old enough was the old saying nowadays it’s a mention of age on a daily basis which to me is absolutely irrelevant

Of course age and size is relevant, come along and watch a younger Rangers team take on an older Ross County or ICT side and tell me it isn't. Football has changed an awful lot since DJ played. DJ was a boy in a man's body, there will always be the exception. Very few 16 year olds play first team football in the modern game.

Last season Rangers played teams a year up against Ross County twice and lost on both occasions, they would have won by a big margin if they had played a level age group. They also lost 6-0 to St. Johnstone when they did the same thing. It is certainly a big factor in youth football, Rangers need to let the smaller technical players time to develop. We are still recovering from the previous HOY's mantra "give me an athlete and I will make him a player."

Back