Match Thread Rangers v Braga - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Also impressed with Kamberi. Alfie will be a massive loss next leg but happy with Kamberi filling in.
I love it when a player that is almost denounced upon signing .
Ends up being seen as an important part of the rest of our season .

I think he gives us great options so long as the management are as it seems tonight willing use him and Stewart and not stick to the usual subs at the same times.

I hope that game acts as a catalyst for the rest of the season. The question remains, does this team only play in the ‘big’ games?
im hoping it does serve as a catalyst in the aspect that Gerrard realises he needs to make changes earlier.Morelos out for next round may not be such a bad thing btw

Fantastic comeback and result.

Gerrard made out of the box changes tonight when they were needed so praise has to be given.

The players showed guts to bring that game back from the brink.

All that said I am a bit concerned about the first 65. We need to be on it from the start, and for the full game, not in short phases.

Definitely this.

He tried to give Kamara time to improve but it clearly wasn't going to happen, so he got Aribo (a more attacking option) on fairly quickly after HT.

Kent was drifting right out of the game, so Kamberi came on (another attacker).

And when Barisic was forced off he did the right call in continuing to bring on players (Stewart) to press Braga back.

Now that WAS a gutsy display.

With three absolutely brilliant goals.

I still cannot believe that result !!

Winning after being effing trammelled in the first half.

I thought ALL the subs did really well tonight.

And Hagi looks to be an absolute star.

This is the first i have looked at the thread so sorry if anyone has said what i was going to post it remembers us of the Marseille game when we were 2 nothing down and looked like we were about to get a doing however we did not score 2 we scored 3 tonight brilliant

At 2-1 someone did post “Remember Marseille”.

Thank you all at Ibrox the team and subs the managment and of course all the Bears who were giving it laldy for the whole match ,well done again it wasn't easy but we were playing a very good footballing side and we beat them ,just shows what you can do when you believe,hopefully that can give us a wee boost in the league now, we might not qualify but everybody will be talking about that comeback for years to come.WATP

Couldn’t make my seat tonight, been working away all week in Poland with a celtic fan!
Needless to say I woke the whole hotel up at 3-2 :D and fair play to my workmate, had a laugh shook my hand and said some result for youse tonight well done!
enjoy your night fellow bears :D

Sensational comeback.

However, that doesn't negate the fact how bad we were for the first hour.
We could have scored three in the first half. Alfie was one on one twice and also just failed to put Ryan Kent in for a tap in.

I get that your post was just passion and heat of the moment but when it all calms down you must see they were an excellent team, the best we've faced this season.

No Surrender, brother

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Lol. A Triumph indeed!

The ball boy joining in the players celebrations just was the icing on the top for me. SUUUUUUUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gave my ticket away for the game tonight as I am loaded with manflu. Atmosphere on the TV seemed shit when we were 2 - 0 down. Fans standing in the aisles ready to creep up the stairs and head for the road until Hagi scored his first.

We all pay good money each year and are entitled to criticise, I was spitting at Gerrard on here when we got beat by Kilmarnock. But that lasted 5 minutes. Look at where we are. Stevie G as Manager and competing regularly in Europe.

We should remember that reptile Whyte who came out the woodwork last week to celebrate the 8th anniversary of our demise at his hands. Its been a long hard journey that continues, but if the first half tonight was a bump on the road I'll take it.

When we got it back to 2-1 I told my son about Marseille at Ibrox in 92-93 but I thought we would be stretching to get a draw tonight. How wrong I was, magnificent.
Still believe had Hateley’s goal came 10 minutes before it did we would have won that night.
I guess like tonight we scored at the right times

What an amazing game tonight first half we were poor whatever was said at halftime worked the 3 goals were superb halfway there in to Braga we go I fancy our chances over there only one criticism the commentators were pish.

Aye course I am, pathetic reply. So were you delighted with us at 2 down?
One of the things to remember is that the game last till the final whistle.
Nobody was happy at two down.
However, as we see so often on here, many many posters were very quick to jump the gun and shoot every qunt the could, including the manager.
Too quick as it transpired.

Sitting on the bus soaked. Not one f•cl being given.
What a fight back.
Got to kick on now for the rest of the season starting on Sunday.

I’m sure I’ll be getting a call from my cardiologist in the morning asking me what was wrong with last night as my heart rhythm recorder was going haywire!

What a night I went through every emotion I could and I honestly thought we’d lost it at half time. The change of formation & players seemed to actually work for us and I couldn’t be prouder of those players. Mind you I thought the linesman on the near side had a shocker of a game, I began to wonder if he was employed by the SFA or attended their training sessions!

What a night let’s stay strong on Wednesday night and roll on into the last 16

Aye mate, me too. I couldn’t believe the way the ball stuck to him for his goal. I was looking to him just to eliminate alll the mistakes Kamara was making.
It’s a good lesson. Run straight at a defence inside the box, anything can happen, penalty, goal, corner.

Back