Match Thread Rangers v Braga - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

I’d rather not, thanks.
I know we were a poor, a shambles, if you prefer.
I wasn’t jumping up and down about it though.
I was waiting till I saw how it turned out.

Maybe there should be no match thread till after games if people are not allowed to post at the time?

This isn't about tonight's result.
We were going to go out at some point.
This is the culmination of a series of piss poor performances. I hoped tonight could have seen a much improved performance which could have spurred us on in the league. This current scoreline wouldn't have happened 3 months ago.
You are right. I know this was posted at 2-0 down but in the same way a large defeat would have destroyed us, this amazing comeback could be our rocket. Belief. When we scored the equaliser, only one team was winning that game.

Gave my ticket away for the game tonight as I am loaded with manflu. Atmosphere on the TV seemed shit when we were 2 - 0 down. Fans standing in the aisles ready to creep up the stairs and head for the road until Hagi scored his first.

We all pay good money each year and are entitled to criticise, I was spitting at Gerrard on here when we got beat by Kilmarnock. But that lasted 5 minutes. Look at where we are. Stevie G as Manager and competing regularly in Europe.

We should remember that reptile Whyte who came out the woodwork last week to celebrate the 8th anniversary of our demise at his hands. Its been a long hard journey that continues, but if the first half tonight was a bump on the road I'll take it.
Jeez, Is your glass ever a quarter full. Lighten up FFS

Definitely this.

He tried to give Kamara time to improve but it clearly wasn't going to happen, so he got Aribo (a more attacking option) on fairly quickly after HT.

Kent was drifting right out of the game, so Kamberi came on (another attacker).

And when Barisic was forced off he did the right call in continuing to bring on players (Stewart) to press Braga back.

Now that WAS a gutsy display.

With three absolutely brilliant goals.

I still cannot believe that result !!

Winning after being effing trammelled in the first half.

I thought ALL the subs did really well tonight.

And Hagi looks to be an absolute star.

Someone has good scouting ability and seeing things in the signings.

best euro comeback i have ever seen. to think it could have been 3-0 because of Kamara's header. Aribo's goal was unbelievable.

and a huge shout out to Goldson for that tackle. i know i am his biggest critic but that was perfect.

Im a mentally challenged really i can talk privately and give u my instagram page and fb page... tell you my 1st game etc etc.. so everyone who criticized the team in the 1st half are mentally challengeds.. go to bed mate
You're a mentally challenged. I'll take a holiday for it. My first ever. It's ripping out you.

This is what I'd love to see more. He got the subs right and he got the timing right. That's what we want to see.

When I said (for the first time as well) that Gerrard needs to be questioned at 0-2, he changed things, perhaps he heard me :D.

Seriously though - great fighting spirit and a fantastic comeback which will give us some confidence again.
Still a strange game in some ways for me.

I wonder what Braga are thinking after that tonight?

Commentator said at the start of the match that in 8 European games against Portuguese teams at Ibrox we had won 6 and drawn 2 and that we had never been beaten. So for the history books to be kept intact that was another wee reason that tonight was good.

Best come back I can ever remember against such a high Calibre of team .

Still a long way to go in the Tie but a great win.

We should be changing to 4-2-3-1 and playing Hagi in the 10 position.

I think that SG was going to hook Kamara at half time but he kept him on for an extra 5 minutes after the re-start then saw he was just as bad and took him off. Didn't throw him under the bus by giving him the extra time on the pitch. Wee done our Boss.

What a match,went from rock bottom to cloud nine.Showed some character to win this match that I thought was beyond this team.
It was an absolute roller coaster .
It was there for all to see how good Braga were.
But we were still creating chances.
As we have done in the not too distant past Braga thought the game was won .
The 1st goal gave us something to chase and chase we did .
Well done to the team for showing the balls to dig in and bring it back .

I wonder what Braga are thinking after that tonight?

Commentator said at the start of the match that in 8 European games against Portuguese teams at Ibrox we had won 6 and drawn 2 and that we had never been beaten. So for the history books to be kept intact that was another wee reason that tonight was good.

It’s an interesting thought - wonder what the match thread looks like on the Braga forum.

That second half performance has renewed my faith in this team never ever seen a fight back like that in over 56 years of watching Rangers let’s hope this delights our season
Just back from the game and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a turnaround like that. Just before Hagi scores nothing is going right, players aren’t wanting the ball, they’re making basic mistakes and Braga are giving us a chasing.

Hagi scores, Aribo starts channelling Gazza against Aberdeen in 96 and you could see the Braga players looking worried and nervous.

That second half performance has renewed my faith in this team never ever seen a fight back like that in over 56 years of watching Rangers let’s hope this delights our season

For younger Bears who see Marseille 1992 mentioned, it was basically what happened tonight but with a bit more mud.

Back