Rangers v FK Shkupi (QR1) / FC Petrocub Hîncești or NK Osijek v Rangers or FK Shkupi (QR2)

Sarajevo is closer to the Bosnian team than Dubrovnik. But both are over 2 and half hours drive away. Would be a tough away trip and absolutely roasting for the players. Similar for the Macedonian team.
I seen that but seems you can get direct to Dubrovnik from Edinburgh.

Draw is on Wednesday 20th June at 12 noon

Streamed live on https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/

Dates
QR1 12th & 19th July , QR2 26th July & 2nd August

QR1

Seeded
1 Domžale (SVN)
2 Gabala (AZE)
3 Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO)
4 Rangers (SCO)
5 Apollon Limassol (CYP)

Unseeded
6 Progrès Niederkorn (Luxembourg)
7 Široki Brijeg (Bosnia)
8 Shkupi (Macedonia)
9 Stumbras (Lithuania )
10 Dunajská Streda (Slovakia)

QR2 to follow

Seedings will be made available after the first qualifying round draw

Draw Procedure
  • Each side in each seeding group is allocated a number. Balls containing the seeded teams' numbers are placed in one bowl, with balls for the unseeded teams' numbers (within the same sub-group of clubs) in another.
  • A ball is taken from each bowl and put into a large empty bowl in the middle, where they are shuffled.
  • The clubs whose numbers correspond to the first ball drawn play their first game at home, against the sides whose numbers match the next ball drawn.
  • Teams from the same association must not be drawn against each other

So who is our possible second round ?

Difficult to get to though?

Out of curiosity what would make it good? Surely couldn’t bus it there (it wouldn’t surprise me if people did)
It’s a great country, too people, even cheaper than Bosnia, good booze, nice weather and very beautiful.

Not sure on ease of travel from Scotland mate.

It’s a great country, too people, even cheaper than Bosnia, good booze, nice weather and very beautiful.

Not sure on ease of travel from Scotland mate.

Had a quick look at flights you’re talking minimum two stops when flying from Glasgow.

Just thinking of places that are easier to get to from Glasgow I think it’s just about an option to drive from Bucharest (9 hours), Belgrade (5 hours) or Sunny Beach Bulgaria (8 hours).

I can't see how as they'd all be unseeded in the 2nd round as well as us. Assuming the 5 seeded teams in Q1 win they'll then be added to another group with 5 seeded teams.
Yeah it does all confuses me tbh i thought it would depend on coefficients and stuff like that

Slovakian at work says it's not too far or difficult to get to play streda.

Also said we should beat them. He's flying back on Thursday for a week and was £33 for his flight one way

Just noticed the teams Hibs could possibly play. They got a much easier draw. Teams from Estonia, the 11th best team in Iceland, Latvia, San Marino/Welsh, Faroe islands and Finland

How do the co-efficients work then in terms of who beats who? If we beat Brijeg would we earn more points in the coefficient than if we were to get revenge and beat Progres who are ranked further down than Brijeg?

How do the co-efficients work then in terms of who beats who? If we beat Brijeg would we earn more points in the coefficient than if we were to get revenge and beat Progres who are ranked further down than Brijeg?

No, it would be if we beat a team with a higher coefficient and would count in the next round as it would already have been drawn before the tie is completed

An example would be if we drew Sevilla in the 2nd round and beat them, we would play an unseeded team in round 3 as the draw would be made prior to round 2 finishing

Really wanted us to somehow draw a Gibraltar team since, I've just moved here. Out of those I want to destroy pogress to exorcise some demons

Just noticed the teams Hibs could possibly play. They got a much easier draw. Teams from Estonia, the 11th best team in Iceland, Latvia, San Marino/Welsh, Faroe islands and Finland

Good I hope they get as far as possible, other than the tims I want every Scottish team to do well, it only benefits us

No, it would be if we beat a team with a higher coefficient and would count in the next round as it would already have been drawn before the tie is completed

An example would be if we drew Sevilla in the 2nd round and beat them, we would play an unseeded team in round 3 as the draw would be made prior to round 2 finishing

The only positive is that compared to Aberdeen in the second round, we have the chance to go and get 0.25 points to our coefficient if we win as we're in the first round.

Good I hope they get as far as possible, other than the tims I want every Scottish team to do well, it only benefits us
No thank you couldn' give a %^*& as they do about us would rather play 3 or 4 quaifiers than slimy scum like that get any benefit from Europe and if that makes me sound sad tough waken up these scum wanted us dead just let that register with you

Progrès Niederkorn (Luxembourg) finished 2nd
Široki Brijeg (Bosnia) finished 4th
Shkupi (Macedonia)finished 4th
Stumbras (Lithuania )currently 5th (2018-19)
Dunajská Streda (Slovakia)finished 3rd

Some interesting trips abroad there for any bears lining up a holiday.

I was over in Bratislava when we played Artmedia. Cracking trip, lovely city, beers cheap. Can't ask for much more. Bratislava is about 30 miles from where that Slovak team is based so I reckon that'll be the likely base fr the bears.

Can't give any info on the other teams. The Bosnian mob looks very tricky to get to however it's a 3 hour drive from Dubrovnik if any bears want to take the family on a holiday (and sneak away one day for the match).

No thank you couldn' give a %^*& as they do about us would rather play 3 or 4 quaifiers than slimy scum like that get any benefit from Europe and if that makes me sound sad tough waken up these scum wanted us dead just let that register with you

I’m wide awake...

whether you like it or not Scottish teams doing well raises our countries co-efficient making us seeded in future draws and hopefully starting later in competitions where the real money is.

Now with the exception of Celtic who we can really be doing with playing as little Champions League football as possible your point of view is classic cutting off your nose to spite your face.

How about this for a compromise - Hibs and Aberdeen both get a few good results in Europe, balanced out by some unfortunate treatment of their support from baton happy eastern European cops and other shady characters.

I could handle this. Good for the coefficient and highly unpleasant for their hardcore support. win/win. :D

Some harder places to get to aswell though.

IBV play on an island off Iceland

Faroe Islands is a charter flight away.

Did Steincolin run buses to the Progres game from somewhere nearby last season? His buses are always a good option for those that can’t get a direct flight right to the exact location, worth bearing in mind for people looking to book up tomorrow.

Following teams enter in second round.

Sevilla (ESP)
Beşiktaş (TUR)
Sparta Praha (CZE)
FCSB (ROU)
Genk (BEL)
AZ Alkmaar (NED)
RB Leipzig (GER)
Burnley (ENG)
Atalanta (ITA)
Bordeaux (FRA)
Ufa (RUS)
Rio Ave (POR)
Asteras Tripolis (GRE)
Mariupol (UKR)
Hajduk Split (CRO)
Admira Wacker Mödling (AUT)
LASK Linz (AUT)
St Gallen (SUI)
Vitesse (NED)
Atromitos (GRE)
Hapoel Haifa (ISR)
AEK Larnaca (CYP)
Jagiellonia Białystok (POL)
Aberdeen (SCO)
Djurgården (SWE)
Dinamo Brest (BLR)
Lillestrøm (NOR)

Last edited:
I went to Lux last year so would prefer a trip elsewhere imo.

Bosnia for me :cool:
Siroki Brijeg would likely give us problems tho footballing wise.

Was in Mostar last summer for a few days and thats likely where the Bears would base themselves if we draw them. Beautiful city, amazing people and there was a great wee pub called the Black Dog where the bar manager had lived in Paisley for a while and developed a liking for the Gers when living there:cool:

On a less positive note the local hooligans ambushed the sheep the very same bar when they were visiting last year. As other folk will know Mostar is deeply divided city along ethno-religious lines with the Western half Croat-Catholic and the eastern (touristy) half Bosnian-Muslim. Have to say I had night outs in either half and thought each side was as equally friendly and a good laugh, but on the Croat side its glaring how obvious how extremist the mentality is with Nazi slogans, Celtic crosses and swastikas graffitied everywhere. There was even pro-IRA shite daubed on one wall:eek: I'm guessing it was the Zrjinski (Nazi) hooligans who attacked the sheep but as the incident took place in the (Bosnian) Old Town could well have been the Red Army of Velez Mostar ....

Each potential draw outwit the Progres revenge mission looks like it could throw up some class Eastern European outdoor beer guzzling and local lovelies to take in, but Bosnia and Macedonia could throw up Hooligan issues

Much did you pay for flights and hotels mate?
Is it easy to get too??

For when I went to Lux?

A team of us flew from Manchester to Charleroi (Brussels) - £65 return
Digs in Charleroi for 1 night - £30 p/p
Train from Charleroi to Lux - £50 return
Digs in Lux for 1 night- £30 p/p

So for the full trip it was circa £175.
Not including fuel from Glasgow to Machester though.

Train from Charleroi down to Lux is about 3hrs, cracking wee train journey.

I reckon we could have got it cheaper but we kept holding off on flights until the exact day of the game was confirmed, as soon as the game got announced the flight prices went up instantly.

There will be a good few travel options into Luxembourg as it borders a few countries, Germany / France / Belgium etc.

Last edited:
I’m wide awake...

whether you like it or not Scottish teams doing well raises our countries co-efficient making us seeded in future draws and hopefully starting later in competitions where the real money is.

Now with the exception of Celtic who we can really be doing with playing as little Champions League football as possible your point of view is classic cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Exactly. I’ve always thought that way, I want them to get pumped but everyone else to do well, it helps us ultimately.

Is the coefficient beside our name our own coefficient or our leagues coefficient?

It's ours. The co-efficient is made up of your own teams performance over the last five years plus an element from the league's performance - although I think that's changing soon.

It's ours. The co-efficient is made up of your own teams performance over the last five years plus an element from the league's performance - although I think that's changing soon.

From the UEFA link further up it's changed for the coming season.

Clubs' coefficients are now determined EITHER by the sum of all points won in the previous five years OR by the association coefficient over the same period – WHICHEVER IS THE HIGHER (under a new system introduced for 2018/19 onwards).

Second qualifying round seeds - I'd like some Brest:

Those are the teams entering in 2nd round

Hapoel Haifa (ISR)
AEK Larnaca (CYP)
Jagiellonia Białystok (POL)
Aberdeen (SCO)
Djurgården (SWE)
Dinamo Brest (BLR)
Lillestrøm (NOR)

are all unseeded

Back