Match Thread ** Rangers v Hearts - 15:00 Saturday 24th - RangersTV.tv **

Delighted. Another 'big game' that Murty has proven himself in.

Massive 3 points. Will see what happens when Glasgow's second class citizens play Sheep FC tomorrow.

Josh was badly off form today. However, I think if Candieas had put him through a tad earlier he would have scored. The goalkeeper narrowed the angle sufficiently. Excellent save. More concerning for me is that Murty should have subbed him for Cummings much sooner. Three points so job done.

I can't believe posters are holding out for the sheep to take something tomorrow. They'll be set up to keep the scoreline respectable

Delighted. Another 'big game' that Murty has proven himself in.

Massive 3 points. Will see what happens when Glasgow's second class citizens play Sheep FC tomorrow.
The detractors will just redefine what a big game is though.
For sure, that is one of the best performances of the season, for me.

Great game, great performance.

Finishing needs to improve. Not having this “all the best strikers miss chances” - we need to take them. Morelos and Windass should have a few each today.

Murty needs to sort his subs out. Always far too late and often a mind boggler of a decision. It’s basic and can’t believe no ones in his ear about it.
You’re assuming, of course, that your right and the coacese are wrong!
Take Cummings coming on as an example.
It looked obvious that it would be Windass who’d be coming off.
However, that would’ve changed the shape of the team, would it not?
Might have hurt Windass’ confidence as well.
Morelos wasn’t having the best of days either.
Maybe there was more to the decision.

Great performance and deserved win. Should have won by more. What do we do with Windass? Only play him away?

Great result fantastic performance
Stuck in bloody traffic.
I thought windass was not up to his best today.
Docherty Murphy candieas were brilliant today

Good performance and win. Murphy and Docherty the standouts. Should have been out of sight long before Martin settled it. Lovely spring day too.

We were superb today. The hearts goalie had a very good game and stopped them getting a hammering. There was obviously still a worry at 1-0 waiting for us to sit back and it be a siege at our goal n the last 10 mins but it never came and we stayed on top.

giphy.gif

Windass had a shocker in front of goal; he did not have a shocker of a match

He was causing them all sorts of problems with his power and movement throughout. The entire frontline was excellent off the ball

On another day he leaves the park with the match ball. Cest la vie

Some of the best football I’ve seen from a Rangers team in a long time today, especially second half. We could - and should - have scored many more.

Gotta keep the momentum going now, no dropping off on a cold Tuesday in Perth.

Just back, 1st game of 2018 (health) best medicine on the market, guys in blue fighting for the cause. Hopefully the start of something very special.
Just loved it today.

Enjoyed that today. We were a bit slack in midfield first half but deserved Murphy's great goal.

Second half we battered them, should really have been out of sight earlier but relief when the second went in, had a horrible feeling Naeshame might have nicked an undeserved point.

Josh was badly off form today. However, I think if Candieas had put him through a tad earlier he would have scored. The goalkeeper narrowed the angle sufficiently. Excellent save. More concerning for me is that Murty should have subbed him for Cummings much sooner. Three points so job done.

Nah, he done the same against Hibs a few weeks ago. A bit of composure and it's not a difficult finish. Even lift it over the keeper.

Great result Rangers,we worked for that today,gotta start scoring a higher percentage of our chances or a better team will punish us,no complaints we could have embarrassed hearts today

Jamie Murphy needs to take Windass aside after training and explain composure in front of goal.
Josh could have had a couple but was to quick to shoot.

Superb performance.

Goss was my man of the match however there was plenty of other candidates. I think a combination of Goss improving his match fitness and Docherty's physicality and drive made our central midfield look solid.

Windass was frustrating with his missed chances but he was getting in good positions and causing trouble with his movement so still thought he had a good game

Not long in from the game. Absolutely buzzing from that, dominated from start to finish and could have been 4 or 5 had it not been for their keeper!

Let’s keep it going Rangers! #55

Well done to GM and the players for that performance today, 2 goals and a clean sheet could've been more but for good goalkeeping. Let's see how the mhanky mob and the sheep respond tomorrow.
WATP

What a team performance. You can see a determination and a desire from the players that they are playing for each other now.
That was 2-0 going on 5 or 6.

Something special is happening, i just hope we haven't left it too late.

What a team performance. You can see a determination and a desire from the players that they are playing for each other now.
That was 2-0 going on 5 or 6.

Something special is happening, i just hope we haven't left it too late.

We haven’t. We don’t need to win the league for this season to be a success. Winning an OF match and cutting the points gap would make a good season for us given how the first half of it went. There’s also the SC to play for.

Didn’t think Windass was that bad.
FFS, mate, he had a poor game.
He won’t be the first player to have a poor game.
We got off with that though.
Remember this though, he was there to miss them and was big enough to try the free kick later on.
Had that not been close, heh have been blasted and he knew it.

I think for the Celtic game, my only change would be Holt for Windass.

I love Windass but he's been poor in the games at Ibrox against Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts since the break. We can't offord for anyone to have a poor game against them.

Back