MOTM Poll Rangers v Hearts - 19:45 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Naismith is a disgrace. What is his problem. A total d1ck
After his booking,
when the tarts player went down, another tarts assistant rolled the ball onto the park, Alfie went and got it and kicked it at the tarts dugout. The same guy did it again and Alfie went for him

He was also the cause of their 1st goal, ball heading out and he goes out his way to head it back into the danger area?. His goals and assits are incredible but defensively poor.
Couldn't agree more.He's a defender or supposed to be and that side of his game is woeful.
I said on here ,even prior to 55 that if he's so important to the team he should be playing RM not RB.
That debate went up a notch when Patterson emerged but the calmity continues to this day .
Tavs passing and distribution too does my head in almost every game .
Even simple passes ,to a man at times but players having to stretch or run to gather it or attempt to control it 6 feet in the air from a ten yard pass.Compare that with Cantwell.
Almost without exception accurate and right to the foot of the reciever.
TBHh i'd swap tav in an instant for a good solid right wing back and dare i say it Goldson too .
Tin hat on

Honestly hope none of yous are on meds for blood pressure.

Sitting in the gaff raging about drawing a dead rubber game against a side that literally had to win tonight.

B-)
I am and yes i'm raging.there is no game outside a friendly or bounce that our players should be treating as dead rubber.
If they do ,wrong club

Your attitude is like some of our players and why we dropped 2 points tonight.
Suppose if your happy thats fine but not for me.I prefer to win games ,not throw them away which happens too often

Hahaha you keeping bealin' away to yerself mate. That'll drive the standards up. Bravo.

We know the team needs gutted, what’s new?

We have the makings of a good team for next year if we get the players right
And if some of the ones we are retaining stop doing stupid stuff you may be right! You can't lose a game from 3-1 fannying around, but this team sure as hell can at 2-1 doing the same thing, so I have no idea why we do.

Christ Hearts really did need to win the night. Had no idea they were in danger of missing out on Europe to Hibs lol. How the hell did Hibs manage that?
Bain ......." hmmm - I think the gaffer could be giving Hart the old Don't Come Monday - I could be in here " !!!!

Next minute ......... :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

McGregor is a rarity in the modern game who actually deserves a Testimonial and hes got it against a huge club in what will be a great game. So why a goodbye appearance but one last night? His mere presence in that defence clearly causes uncertainty and its panic stations whenever a ball drops into the box. The first debacle goal we have seen so many times its almost laughable. Almost.

He comes in at the expense of McCrorie who badly needs the game time, I wonder if Beale has already decided against using McCrorie next season? Would be harsh as hes been very patient and done well with his time.

Lundstrum dropping back into the defensive line and Kamara dropping out of the game altogether meant Cantwell and Raskin were doing it all themselves and as usual they gave it everything. We need more players like them and nobody else like Kamara. The equaliser was magnificent stuff and such endeavour deserves to yield a goal which brings a win. In the grand scheme of things Cantwell probably wont be too bothered but I was.

Fashion Jr gave his usual double shift and earned the goal with the sort of effort Morelos never shows. In fact I doubt another Rangers player, aside from Cantwell, wouldve chased down and harassed that ball past the Defender/GK into the net. It was scrappy stuff but brilliant from a Man who never gives us and always gives everything.

Matondo was really the only sub who came on and made a difference. He seems to be fitter now and has the confidence to try things, a couple of excellent breaking runs just didnt quite come off but the ideas and effort is there. Maybe a Player after all...

After that it was wasteful stuff from Rangers. Not taking chances and not holding the ball well enough. Scott Wright came on for his usual 'cant keep the ball/cant stay composed' contribution which disjointed Rangers attacks. Lowry got his important 2-3 min appearance... Hearts offered nothing threatening but needn't have worried because the self-imposed gunshot wound was always hanging about. Ryan Jack switch off and ball loss and ping-pong-powtf?! Rangers chuck 2 points down the drain again.

The Hallmark build up seemed badly out of time and place given the disastrous season and the nature of the performances from the people we are apparently supposed to be sad to see leaving, even so that line-up was a shock and concern. So it went and Beale once again goes back to people who have let him down while ignoring those who may help him going forward.

Reactions: RTB
No real standout, Cantwell for me due to his goal and moments of quality even if he didn’t hit the heights of recent weeks.

Is it just me that’s slightly underwhelmed by Raskin so far ? Was surprised to see him get mom in the stadium, I was a bit ‘meh’ again about his performance besides one great ball to Morelos second half.. Before anyone starts frothing at the mouth…..young player, new league, he’s doing fine as far as I’m concerned and I can see some potential for him to kick on next season. But I’m not seeing the level of performance that others seem to be seeing that has some fans already viewing him as a ‘stick on’ starter next season. I’d say at the moment he looks good enough to be a squad player, first choice potential due to his age, but I’d still like to see us bring in another quality centre mid in the summer.

Couldn't agree more.He's a defender or supposed to be and that side of his game is woeful.
I said on here ,even prior to 55 that if he's so important to the team he should be playing RM not RB.
That debate went up a notch when Patterson emerged but the calmity continues to this day .
Even simple passes ,to a man at times but players having to stretch or run to gather it or attempt to control it 6 feet in the air from a ten yard pass.Compare that with Cantwell.
TBHh i'd swap tav in an instant for a good solid right wing back and dare i say it Goldson too .
Tin hat on
Back 3 with Tav and Ridvan playing as wingbacks required formation.

Dominated the game, poor first and last minutes. Same old story, losing sloppy goals and our front players not at the races. Michael Beale knows what is needed and will get it right. Major overhaul has already started.

30 seconds to hold the ball on the main stand side and all of a sudden they are into our box and poking in an equaliser.

Another example of not playing the game out to a finish in our favour.

30 seconds to hold the ball on the main stand side and all of a sudden they are into our box and poking in an equaliser.

Another example of not playing the game out to a finish in our favour.
It was really 45 mins of it because after the 2nd goal Hearts offered very little and Rangers had loads of chances to finish them as they tried to come out a little more.

Just so wasteful over and over again.

In terms of game management I dont think the changes helped at all, Beale took off Players like Raskin and Fashion Jr who had been superb and brought on nobody who helped, quite the opposite.

That said when youre 2-1 up and there are literally seconds remaining its not rocket science to carefully move the ball between you or take it for a run into the corners. Rangers elected to gift possession than man the panic stations as the all too familiar happened.

Incredibly the closer it got to 90 mins the more you felt Hearts could score and sure enough.

with each passing game i cannot believe that we got Cantwell and for relative buttons

workrate
skill
passion
talent
scoring
passing

he's got the lot

the attendance last night deserves to be mentioned here, must have been around 45,000 last night for what for us was a run of the mill end of season game on a Wednesday night, great turn out from the bears and kudos to the Union Bears for the banners for Alfie , Scotty Arfield and the Dennistoun Rangers fb

Beale has to take responsibility for that late equaliser. Why were we still going for another goal, when any decent team coached team would have managed the closing minutes by closing down the game and keeping possession.

He was also the cause of their 1st goal, ball heading out and he goes out his way to head it back into the danger area?. His goals and assits are incredible but defensively poor.
I didn’t get to see the game last night. Watched brief highlights there on Sky. Atrocious defending yet again for Shanklands goal by Tav

Tin hat on
Have a look at the league table. We've only lost 3 more goals than the other lot, but scored 22 goals less. It's quite obvious what has cost us the league this season, and it's been neither Tav nor Goldson.

Have a look at the league table. We've only lost 3 more goals than the other lot, but scored 22 goals less. It's quite obvious what has cost us the league this season, and it's been neither Tav nor Goldson.
Yip,Its very obvious that we need a goal scorer or even 2 ,despite the love in on here at times for Alfie from some posters but he just was not a polific scorer . That dosesn't excuse woeful defending though and by the way ,1-0 or 6-0 ,it doesn't matter. Points make prizes and on Wed night we lost 2 points through downright stupidity..its that simple and the same people keep causing it .
Are you seriously happy about that .

Yip,Its very obvious that we need a goal scorer or even 2 ,despite the love in on here at times for Alfie from some posters but he just was not a polific scorer . That dosesn't excuse woeful defending though and by the way ,1-0 or 6-0 ,it doesn't matter. Points make prizes and on Wed night we lost 2 points through downright stupidity..its that simple and the same people keep causing it .
Are you seriously happy about that .
The same people don't keep causing them. We've lost as many down our left side, probably more, than we have down our right, but Yilmaz and Barasic don't get anywhere near the criticism that Tavernier does. It's the same in the middle - Goldson causes far less goals than whoever is partnering him. We also lose goals from midfielders not covering runs, and that's rarely highlighted either. But as soon as Tavernier or Goldson make a mistake, it's a pile-on on here. I'm never "happy" about conceding any goal, but I'm not going to continually criticise the same two individual players when they're no more to blame than the rest of the defenders, and overall far less to blame than our forwards for our poor season.

Last edited:
late to the thread but WTF was Tav thinking? Heading the ball back into his penalty box!
Guy can be brilliant at times but clueless at other times.
Such a frustrating player.

Back