MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Every one of our players have to play the perfect game in this league, with a bare minimum of fouling because the gaffer and the rest of us know refs are waiting on any chance they get to book us.

All the while we have to accept unpunished persistent fouling.

This will continue going forward.
Robertson showed his colours again today.

Dreadful game, all Hibs done was play the long ball down our right and they were getting joy every time, Barasic was dreadful, Kamara let the game pass him by, the space we allowed them in the middle of the park was embarrassing. On the plus side, Paterson and Helander were excellent, and we scored two cracking goals.

Played some slack stuff today but we also played some good stuff too and scored two crackers to win the game!

Hard to see how. All of them were yellow cards in every game all day long. Perhaps Fil was a little unlucky but he should never have let Boyle get behind him. His only mistake in the game.
If that was a yellow the games would be called off at half time every week.. btw are you near Chatanoogo?

But you expected them to "switch on" the form today.

You're disagreeing with yourself.

When did I say that? I haven't spoken about any previous games.

I actually thought our intensity levels looked like they had returned against Cove. We didn't really carry that on into today. We played ok in spells but were quite lacklustre at times as well.

We won, move on.
We're not going to be playing like world beaters every week, sometimes we will go through the motions, today may well have been one of those days. Be happy that we got the win.

Rangers continually have this strange statistical anomaly - free kicks won, more than the other team / yellow cards conceded, more than the other team.
It’s quite a pattern.
just checking card there, hiv 12 fouls no cards, Us 11 Fouls and three cards. Boyle got booked for diving

I think we’ll struggle against them next week and I wouldn’t be surprised if we got beat. (This doesn’t mean I fear them before anyone says that)

I just think that since we won the league we’ve lacked a little bit of edge in games and I think it’s understandable.

I didn’t think we played well v Celtic, in either of the Slavia games or the game today. We just haven’t looked the same team that won us 55.

I’m not saying we’ve no chance next week but I think winning the league so early might have hampered us slightly and unfortunately the mentally challengeds have more to prove between now and the end of the season than we do.

Like I said, you're having to scrape the bottom of the barrel to channel your negativity.

Rangers won at home. 3 points is all that matters when 3 points literally doesn't even matter.
Disagree with this outlook.
See if that’s ‘all that matters’ why watch the game?
Just buy a paper tomorrow or catch the news after the game has finished if all you’re concerned about is the result.

Hard to see how. All of them were yellow cards in every game all day long. Perhaps Fil was a little unlucky but he should never have let Boyle get behind him. His only mistake in the game.
Was the wrong side of Boyle so gave him every excuse to book him even with minimal contact, no complaints with the ref today

Hard to just switch that mentality back in after playing in meaningless games for the past few weeks.

Cannae let that happen, 2016 and we found it hard to get back to capture rythym and form for cup final.

We must not make same mistake this time.

Disagree with this outlook.
See if that’s ‘all that matters’ why watch the game?
Just buy a paper tomorrow or catch the news after the game has finished if all you’re concerned about is the result.
I'd say the same thing to people who can't watch and enjoy a win because it didn't meet some completely arbitrary 'standard' they've set. Unless it's 5-0 and we're doing everything right, it sounds like you're not going to enjoy it or be happy with what you watch. Knowing that most games in football are decided by 1 goal, I'm delighted we managed to do that. Taking anything else away from that is just quite sad to me.

Unimpressive to say the least.
We were at 80% for virtually the whole game. Never pressed them at any point. Two very good finishes apart, we were so sloppy.

The worry is you cannot switch attitude on and off like a tap.

Aye well that's the problem isn't it in a nutshell?

The league is over, whether we won today or not literally doesn't really matter.

I get that we've won the league. I get that dropped points are immaterial at the end of the day.

But I still kind of want us to win the remainder of our league games.

I'm surprised you've roused yourself to watch the game today if you're so apathetic about it.

A wins a win but that wasn't very good. I thought the midfield were powderpuff again.
Need a massive step up for next week on that form.

I get that we've won the league. I get that dropped points are immaterial at the end of the day.

I'm surprised you've roused yourself to watch the game today if you're so apathetic about it.
There's nothing beyond your own personal negativity to suggest we won't.

Like I said, I'm enjoying this unprecedented league title win that was all but wrapped up in December. I was on here in December telling people to calm down and to enjoy it because it's unlikely you'll ever see such a comfortable league win and these levels of performances again.

I've gone in to today's game hoping to see Rangers win and that happened.

I'll settle for a win in any game but from what I can gather without having watched the game, some of our players were a wee bit off the pace. With the league having been won over a month ago I can understand motivation levels dropping down a cog in the gear wheel, but this is where Gerrard needs to demonstrate his skills in getting those players back up, focused and ready for what's coming next week.

If that was a yellow the games would be called off at half time every week.. btw are you near Chatanoogo?

Nope. Never was, but in Salt Lake now.

In the modern game you don’t get away with pulling players back that have got beyond you, especially in the last 20 minutes. Just a reality.

Good 3 points. Want this tally to be as high as possible.

Patterson was different class today so he's my mom. The engine that boy has is unbelievable

I agree. I just never felt like we were going to drop points at the end.

Job done 3 points and no injuries and game time to players.

Now give a performance and end the scumtics season please next weekend Rangers!

:shh:B-)

Good win, poor performance overall, but the benefit being the team will realise they need to improve for next week.
Big Bornas worst game that ive seen him play...was all over the place today.
However as champions do...they win despite playing poorly.
He wanted to get forward but had real pace against him. As Craig Moore said in analysis, Helander should be taking Goldson’s lead and being vocal and telling Barisic when to sit in. Kamara who usually covers there seemed to get drawn to the ball centrally a fair bit. I think that we expected Hibs to go with wingbacks today and that caused a bit of organisational difficulty on transition.

Back