Match Thread Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv

Fed up hearing we SHOULD be getting this, should be getting that. It’s loser talk and akin to patter you’d hear from Hearts and Aberdeen fans. Rangers need to be above that, but right now we’re not. I don’t like the way this season is going

It's fact though that we played better in they two games than v St Johnstone. That isn't loser talk it's the truth.

said the same mate, cant se us winning the league this year, but injuries have been absolutely brutal so far

Agreed, the injury list is horrendous and yet again today our players are subjected to heavy challenges that go largely unpunished and also take a toll on the players’ mobility and fitness.
Admittedly we don’t help ourselves by being incapable of turning pressure and possession into goals.

My head is not in the sand, thanks.

Frustrating result again, but we are still not that far behind the scum. We've hit our bad patch as every team does during a season. Soon we will find our seasons start form.
A bad patch? We have been shite for months. Other than Motherwell at Ibrox we have been abject in most games.

Accusing every one of being tims after yet another shite performance and result is head in the sand stuff

2 wins in 7 going into the big game on Saturday

5 goals scored with no real goal threat apart from Morelos

Its definitely a must not lose game against the yahoos now

Gerrard needs to take the blame, I've backed him all the way but even my blind faith has gone.

How he can even let Coulibaly on the pitch is a fucking joke, the guy is a spastic and degrades the team. Our formation and game plan does not fit in with the players we have.

Tav and Candeias cannot cross a ball, any good crosses they do is more luck than skill. The types of crosses they do is also useless as we don't have a target man to header it, again this is something the manager should be pointing out to them. Middleton has been poor lately but at least he knows our crosses need to be lower and from the by-line.

We lack creativity in midfield and if Arfield isn't on we are worse, Jack does well but in fairness to him he wasn't brought in to be or claim to be a creative midfielder.

I really hate to bang on but in Coulibaly we have a player who actualy makes us play worse, he brings nothing to the game and if he is playing on the 29th then don't even bother watching game because the spastic will get us fucked over.

Best if you go for a lie down

Gerrard needs to take the blame, I've backed him all the way but even my blind faith has gone.

How he can even let Coulibaly on the pitch is a fucking joke, the guy is a spastic and degrades the team. Our formation and game plan does not fit in with the players we have.

Tav and Candeias cannot cross a ball, any good crosses they do is more luck than skill. The types of crosses they do is also useless as we don't have a target man to header it, again this is something the manager should be pointing out to them. Middleton has been poor lately but at least he knows our crosses need to be lower and from the by-line.

We lack creativity in midfield and if Arfield isn't on we are worse, Jack does well but in fairness to him he wasn't brought in to be or claim to be a creative midfielder.

I really hate to bang on but in Coulibaly we have a player who actualy makes us play worse, he brings nothing to the game and if he is playing on the 29th then don't even bother watching game because the spastic will get us fucked over.

Not a fan of Coulibaly then?

Nah. No really. Maybe a must not lose.

We've got about 54 points to play for yet

I’d agree. A win is important, but a draw at least keeps us in touch, justifying s decent spend in January. We cannot afford to lose though.

It is disheartening when you concede an 80th minute equaliser and see all your fans feck off, they have no belief in you, so why should you?
£10k a week, elite level athletes, working under a world icon for the most successive in football. They should be able to defend a bread and butter cross in an empty car park. If you mean after the equaliser then it didn't seem to make much difference for the previous 85 minutes

I wish people would wake up, we will not beat them this weekend. It’s brutal, but if we can’t beat Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee etc we aren’t going to suddenly change and win against the tims with half our starting 11 out. We need the winter break ASAP and some major surgery in January is required.
Unfortunately, after the Winter break they'll be out of sight and rarely dropping points. Any improvement by Rangers will be far too late in proceedings.

It's come to the point I am no longer surprised. I'm just praying for a Christmas miracle and we beat them on Saturday, and get into the transfer window level on points, and them a game in hand.

We're really bad at seeing out games. I know we want to keep the tempo up and keep the pressure on, but we have to be smarter at killing a game through gamesmanship if we haven't been able to kill it through scoring. That's now 6 points dropped between late equalisers vs Aberdeen, Motherwell, and Hibs. And we went out the league cup after a late goal from Aberdeen.

Given some of the posts here I will step away from the Bear Pit for tonight. We are going in the right direction unquestionably. The players are knackered. We need the break to regroup. Don't lose on Sat and we can still do this

I still can't work out how we drew that game against a team that offered little or no attacking threat for the most part.Gutted but have to admit it was coming.Already we look a really tired team at times.

Team are tired, we’re running on fumes. A few players in the Jan window will help us immensely. We have a net spend less than one of their average players. We’re are still in the mix and for that I am thankful. They will drop points for sure. We will mature as a team and get better.

I’m gutted that the high ball tactic worked again. Players need to match up better. Don’t blame Halliday as I thought he had a good game.

Onwards to the scum. We can do it Rangers.

A lot of bears saying we look tired.
One of the best ways to conserve energy is to stop the stupid mistakes, misplaced passes, hospital passes, dwelling on the ball and getting caught. etc.
The amount of energy we waste recovering from doing this is collosal.
Second touch is a tackle can be said of too many of our players

It's an absolutely shocking thing to say about anyone let alone one of our own. I've never seen anyone deserve a ban more than you for this post. :mad:

Think of the road we’ve come from second division to now. The gaffer has had one transfer window and we’re still in touching distance of them who have three times the finances we have. Let’s roll up the sleeves and give them a game on Saturday and that goes for supporters. Booing a draw today is not helping the team prepare for an Old Firm match.

We are not much better domestically than last season at this stage. Players simply are not good enough to deliver when necessary. Two massive transfer windows in next 6 months to put us on track for 55 as it will not be this season.
For all our slip ups we're still in with a shout. In January we have to recruit a couple of players who are capable of scoring goals. Consistent failure to convert chances is killing our title push. If we can't recruit a cutting edge in January we're going to stutter along in a fight for second. That'd be torture.

These comments are an utter disgrace.get them tae %^*&

That always had the feel of a game where Hibs were going to get a chance. We looked leggy and devoid of ideas. Jack had a decent game in the middle of the park but combining him with McCrorie and Coulibaly just doesn't give us enough attacking threat in the half back line. I thought Coulibaly was really, really poor. I don't know whether he is just dead on his feet at the moment but his touch is woeful at the moment. Middleton and Candeias? I don't know. Decent enough players who give their all but do they really have the required quality? We are so poor in attack at the moment that we might as well go with Lafferty and Morelos up top.

Scunnered with that today. Just absolutely scunnered.

Think of the road we’ve come from second division to now. The gaffer has had one transfer window and we’re still in touching distance of them who have three times the finances we have. Let’s roll up the sleeves and give them a game on Saturday and that goes for supporters. Booing a draw today is not helping the team prepare for an Old Firm match.

Let’s beat teams comfortably at Ibrox who are 8th in the league.

The team are failing the support. Their inability to win earns them boos.

Got to agree.

Ray Charles would have seen that equaliser coming.

It is just so predictable it’s almost unreal.

We are one dimensional and lacking quality all over the pitch.

This was Pedro and Warburton all rolled into one.

The biggest worry is that Gerrard is watching the same bollox we are and is obviously unable to do anything about it. Either through lack of options or lack of savvy.

Too many times now we slow the game down when we go in front instead of battering the opposition into total submission. Instead, we then keep losing possession which only emboldens the opposition and makes us more nervous, inevitably then messing it up. It is getting tiresome now seeing this old movie being played out. Morelos can't play up top himself on Saturday, that idea must now be binned. If we're going to go down to that mob it must be toe to toe and try to score some goals instead of sitting in and getting annihilated.

Still no quality or cohesion and absolutely no entertainment value. They look like strangers out there, unable to put in the final telling ball, make wrong choices. What people on here see in Tavernier is beyond me. Gets himself into position to play the killer ball and a high percentage of the time he over or under hits the ball into danger zones and wastes the move. Pretty frustrating stuff.

He's not a right back!

He's not a captain!

He's not even close to being good enough to play for Rangers, but he's not alone.

I have to get up at about 4.30 am on Sat morning to catch the 6.05 train from London to Glasgow for the match. Not looking forward to it one little bit. If we are 1-0 up against them with 20 mins to go, who on here would actually have any confidence we would go on to win. Not me for one.

Being optimistic it’s the same issue week in week out. In previous seasons we’ve had multiple issues all over the park. Creative mid and sort the finishing and we’ll be in a better place. Plus getting Arfield, Murphy and Dorrans back. Not sure if we can sort that in January but too late anyway for this season.

Do one....:mad:

Hope this eejit is binned for good. That is a fucking disgrace. :mad:

If our midfield and wide men don't have goals in them, then we will continue to have results like this. SG knows there are guys in the team who will never be part of a title winning squad.

if we can get all the CH's fit then maybe we should go 352 persist with it and allow Alfie to build a partnership with Laff or whoever, because we need to turn these draws into wins and quickly!!

See once the hysteria and disappointment dies down hopefully some folk will come to there senses and realise that we did enough today to win three games.
We were nowhere near as bad as is being made out!

Who fucking cares? We did enough to win 3 games?

We failed to win 1. But for Alfredo on Sunday, that would be 3 games in 7 days we would have failed to win!

We have had numerous chances to not only be ahead of the filth, but to actually pull away a but and we constantly bottle it.

Last edited:
This, this is the size of the 're build', not loan signings or budget buys.
Until we get much better quality players we are going nowhere.
Agree . Imho we are just replacing average players with slightly less average players. Coulibally v Holt lafferty v waghorn Flanagan v john Windass v Ejaria garner v sadiq.
It’s a rebuild on our small budget. And nothing is likely to change. At least I won’t go into to Saturday with a stupid sense of positivity. We are the team of false dawns that if you know football is easy to predict. SG needs real investment, something we don’t have.

The team are failing the support. Their inability to win earns them boos.
The support is an integral part of a team and is not playing their part. There was draws At Ibrox during the sixties, seventies , eighties and nineties and the team was never booed of the pitch for a draw. This seems to be a new generation of fans way of dealing with disappointment and it doesn’t help the team or the club.

See once the hysteria and disappointment dies down hopefully some folk will come to there senses and realise that we did enough today to win three games.
We were nowhere near as bad as is being made out!
How many shots on target did we have today to win three games? How many times did we complete moves with confidence, Guille and ability. I must have been watching another game.

Get what you are saying but we didn't win and let's be honest that's what matters.
Of course it is and believe me, I'm as disappointed as the next guy but if it wasn't for their keeper, we'd have won by a couple at least.
All I'm saying as we're not as shite as we're being made out and the idea of getting rid of Gerrard right now is just insane!

How many shots on target did we have today to win three games? How many times did we complete moves with confidence, Guille and ability. I must have been watching another game.
Jack, Middleton and Lafferty just for starters!
All brought out three great saves by their keeper.

Let’s beat teams comfortably at Ibrox who are 8th in the league.
We don’t have the automatic right to beat teams like that. We are rebuilding under Gerrard and it’s at an early stage. Next season after three transfer windows is the time to judge, not this season.

So disappointed coming away from that. If we don't take our chances we leave ourselves open to that. Again, we were the better team and deserved to win but that's no consolation.

Back