Match Thread Rangers v Kilmarnock - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV.tv

We got all we deserved from that performance today. We beat them twice in the cups, but Kilmarnock have had our measure in the league. Unless I'm mistaken we've only got 2 points from 3 league games against them.

Mind you, our players should be getting some protection from the agricultural challenges that fly in any time we're near the opponents' penalty area.

Is anyone still pretending this season is acceptable? Even the super-optimist Gerrard fanboys must now realise this season has been a failure.

I can see improvement in areas

The euro run was good for finances etc but also detrimental to our domestic campaign, a necessary evil that should stand us in better stead for next season with having money for transfers in the summer

I think by end of season we will have played 60+(?) matches?

Hard to be enthusiastic about next season considering when Morelos leaves what type of team do we have left. No winning mentality at all. I am being honest has anybody in that team got a winners medal since turning pro ? Hopefully get a reaction next week !!!!!! Am scunnered again.

On the plus side I thought Katic played well after a long break and similarly with Grezda.
I think Grezda will cause teams problems and also seems capable of getting into the penalty area. Hopefully will get us a few goals in upcoming matches.

A neutral would think it was a good game. Chances both ends, nice football at times. We're all disappointed but I think that game was great advert for Scottish football

This is what happens when you have a youth coach in charge.
We needed a proper manager in the summer not another risky experiment.
We could have to endure another 4 years of this

Remember posting this at the beginning of the month.
bigbluenose

Mar 1, 2019
New #11
Not me I keep looking back at silly dropped points and games the players never turned up thinking what if.
For me it's a chance blown so far.

On a positive we have been aying some nice stuff last 3 games.

So our Manager had the team playing some nice stuff, not bad for a youth coach,
I am not going by his name, but IMO he realises that the type of player that has been recruited has not served him well with the type of football that we face every week.
With better funds being made available in the summer, I fully expect further progress.
Not so many loans, bosmans.
I don’t think you will have to ENDURE another 4 years.

Today is firmly on Gerrard, Kamara was a passenger yet again and it is criminal to persist in playing 5 in the middle of the park against absolute shite at home. McCrorie and Davis is more than enough to dominate a midfield at Ibrox, just having Defoe up with Morelos occupied the 2nd centre half for his goal.
Had we won today, (and despite playing terribly we would have deserved a win)
we are still such a dull and boring watch! No excitement, no flair, no passion...that is a concern, as is 10k empty seats

On the plus side I thought Katic played well after a long break and similarly with Grezda.
I think Grezda will cause teams problems and also seems capable of getting into the penalty area. Hopefully will get us a few goals in upcoming matches.

Thanks for the positive post for those of us who didnt see the game. I havent given up on these 2 yet.

He is a kid who is feeling the pressure and has lost some confidence.

He needs a rest,Gerrard needs to give him one now.
At least he takes men on and tries to make things happen, unlike the rest of the team, Morelos aside. Our captain seems to suffer from confidence lapses and today was one of those days for him.

Kamara and Kent where shocking today . Kamara is a complete bottler...Davis was the best player on the pitch

This was never going to be a one-season project and I expect everyone of us to a man would have conceded that before a ball was kicked this season. To be p*ssing our pants when we are not even a year in is madness.

It is a learning experience for Gerrard, he is astute enough to learn from the undoubted mistakes he has made. He has also been hamstrung with the inherited squad of losers and those who are unfortunately not up to playing for this Club - the likes of O'Halloran, Pena, Herrera, Forrester, Dodoo, Holt, Hodson were all on the books. Having to clear out that level of dross was not a minor task - and we've added Arfield, McGregor, Katic, Goldson, Kamara who are (IMO) a big step up in quality. The jury is still out on some, but I personally still think Barisic and Grezda can offer something next year.

Our form since the turn of the year has been p*ss poor, but that sort of dip was always likely with a new squad. Sure, mistakes have been made but lets also not forget that we've been completely shafted by officials from day one when Morelos was sent off vs. the Sheep. Off the top of my head, they have without question directly cost us points vs. Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee..... Add those 6 points on and things would look a lot rosier for year one of (at least) a two year project. Obviously the world doesn't work like that, but it's about perspective and even thinking about ripping it up and starting again is lunacy IMO.

Got to give SG at least 3 years, if he's willing to do it .
The way he's been treated in his 1st year is sickenly diabolical.
I hope he stays and to be honest I don't give a fùck about their tainted 10 oar.

They get 10 then that’s potentially £50m+ extra income from the champions league meaning they pull away even further and win title after title.

We simply don’t have the luxury of sitting back and saying meh let them win the next few titles if we can’t turn things around in the next two seasons then what’s going to change after they get 10?

They get 10 then that’s potentially £50m+ extra income from the champions league meaning they pull away even further and win title after title.

We simply don’t have the luxury of sitting back and saying meh let them win the next few titles if we can’t turn things around in the next two seasons then what’s going to change after they get 10?

How does this work? Do the Scottish league winners get direct qualfication now or something?

It's going to be harder for teams from Scotland to get into Europe, not easier.

How does this work? Do the Scottish league winners get direct qualfication now or something?

It's going to be harder for teams from Scotland to get into Europe, not easier.

I did say “potentially” in the post not that they will.

Even if they do fail in the CL the Europa league gives them a parachute of around £10m+ or so while we have to play four qualifiers which we won’t win every season.

Either way we fall further behind.

Knew we were fucked as soon as Penny Arcade came on before the teams came out.

For me, after the first 15 minutes it seemed like ‘deja vu’ all over again. Our system since Mark Warburton has had the same set of problems - how to breakdown a packed defence. Today was no exception. We leak a breakaway of a goal then sweat it out for an equaliser. Until such time we can devise a new system that unlocks defences, I suspect this situation may continue. There has to be another way other than being slow, sidefoot passes and little penetration.

We were extremely lucky not to be 2-0 down at half time. The Killie player bottled it wide when they easily carved us ope...again.
The Celtic game will suit us fine, they won't park the bus at home. HUGE pressure on them to win at home after the last game.
The problem for us is taking advantage of the other teams we can't break down.
We will get at least a point at the piggery, which will lead to more head scratching as to why we can't beat the rest.

When I say I don't give a fùck I'm hoping we win in the next 2 years , I'm not expecting us to stand by and watch them win .
Also , rangers have to be on top of the officials from the start of next season .

Edit. And to add, they're pish too and would have to physically qualify for the CL to make that kind of money

Who will be the next manager? Where is the money coming from to pay off the current management team?
Exactly 3 failed experiments Warburton had zero experience Gerrard zero experience and Pedro an unknown right out of left field who had never coached in European football.
Everyone costing us a fortune in pay off buying players for it not to work.
We need an experienced battle hardened manger with tactical know how.
We have had none of that in our last 3 managers

I’m pig sick at being unable to beat these horrendous teams like killie and Aberdeen.

But we need patience I suppose . It’s just Fcking soul destroying .

Exactly 3 failed experiments Warburton had zero experience Gerrard zero experience and Pedro an unknown right out of left field who had never coached in European football.

I agree mate. But who would we take/be available and where’s the cash coming from.
The Board are keeping the lights on.

The manager is ahead regarding his spend, the money he shelled out for getting rid and recruiting players has been covered by his European run.
Therefore he’s better in that regard in relation to the other 2 you mention.

The manager is ahead regarding his spend, the money he shelled out for getting rid and recruiting players has been covered by his European run.
Therefore he’s better in that regard in relation to the other 2 you mention.
This is a football club not an accountancy firm. Who gives one about net spend after the last month? St Johnstone Aberdeen x 2 Hibs Kilmarnock. COTF mate. it's a fecking shambles

We are a team that is completely devoid of confidence right now. That was apparent today from the first to final whistle. Again the manager's decisions must come into question. How Kent stayed on for 90 imnutes is beyond me. The boys no doubt has talent, but it has deserted him of late and although I know he is one of Gerrard's favourite Liverpool boys, but he needs to sit out games until he rediscovers his form. Also I dont care what it takes but the manager has to find a way to get Morelos and Defoe into the team together, especially when were up against packed defences like today. Otherwise bringing in Defoe has been an utter waste of money. Were struggling to score yet can afford to leave one the nations deadliest penalty box strikers on the bench? Its just not on. I dont know what game Archie Knox was watching today but it wasnt the same game as me. Again Davis was poor and how he could see him as our MOTM is beyond me. Davis is a shadow of the player that once graced Ibrox and I would cut our loses and let him go back to Southampton in the summer.

There's not much else to say. Im not calling for the manager's head. That was a conversation that should have happened before we hired him. He has to be given another year because like it or not we rolled the dice on a mentally challenged 10IAR when we gave him the job. We simply cant go back to square one again, and we can only hope that a couple of marquee signings in the summer will turn this side around into a winning outfit.

I wont be staying on FF today. I can imagine what it will be like and dont want to become more depressed than I already am. Its the same old story of possession but no end product, and until we find a formula to change that (and that's why I think Gerrard deserves more time) then our misery will continue

This is a football club not an accountancy firm. Who gives one about net spend after the last month? St Johnstone Aberdeen x 2 Hibs Kilmarnock. COTF mate. it's a fecking shambles
No Euro run, your stuck this summer with what you’ve got, COTF it’s all relevant,

Back