Match Thread Rangers v Lech Poznan - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

What a cross from Borna (who was a bit sloppy defensively tonight) to find BOTH Alfie and Tav queuing up to put it away. Delighted to see Alfie get back on the scoresheet. He can break Super Ally's record in the Estadio da Luz.

Another two clean sheets in the Benfica games would be nice as well!

Very very happy with that result, especially after that cagey first half.
Barisic is cementing his place as one of the best full backs and crossers in Europe.
What a side Steven Gerrard is building here. He’s took on a project, and that project is finally bearing some real fruit that’s gonna taste very good come May.

He’s turned us into a very good European side, but more than that, This is a title winning side my friends, Mark my words, this side will win this title
I sincerely hope so mate.

That’ll do nicely. Three points, played well within ourselves. This team just keeps delivering. Onto Kilmarnock on Sunday.

Another half a million quid for that win, and the club’s coefficient improves , not the best performance but we will take it.

Massive 3 points. Job done. Great grit and determination to get the job done whilst not at our best.

That was flat, no zip, no urgency at all. Lech have done their homework and ensure we cannot get Tav high up the pitch, hemming him in just over the halfway line.

Too early to get worried but hey, I'm a pessimist do I'm worried. Got a strong bench so could see many subs. Arfield has been anonymous so Aribo would bd a decent replacement. Perhaps this might just be the game where Alfie comes on to be our saviour with a winning goal.

I'm gonna pat myself on the head, my half time prediction of Alfie scoring our winning goal

I was secretly worried about the match tonight, I thought it was the kind of match we might drop points on.

Delighted with that 1-0 and Darrell Currie ripping the pish out of Ally on his pronunciation of Morelos was the icing on my cake.

Thank god for Mr Tennant’s usually watch it with mates but in the house myself tonight, that was a hard shift, don’t half miss the interaction with them or my son who is nightshift.
Anyway never seen us give the ball away so much in a long time, but a win is a win in anybodys book, and the gers go marching on, bring on the Killie.

Last edited:
A different test tonight but we dug it out. Kamara looked good and a deserved assist for Barisic.

Delighted with that. 6 points, Alfie on the score sheet, equaling McCoist's European record and both the Poles and the Belgians still on zero. Delighted :))

I'm sure plenty said that about Alfie as well. !
I think Alfie has more than proven himself

Barker just isn't good enough, I get we need to rest legs..10 mins wont make much difference.

He was also lost our shape on the left at the end

That was a great result against a very powerful, dynamic, well organised, and technically confident team.

A new challenge against a different type of opponent which was overcome by using the depth of squad. The cross and the header for the goal were a thing of beauty.

Need to calm down... Referee wasn't a problem tonight.. Ok.. Gave some decisions that were not great... Polish players made of chocolate.. But that's how it goes... Rangers toiled for most of the game for whatever reason.. but got there in the end... End of

This team really has something about it now, dont want to go overboard and compare to teams of the past but we have fight, we can play, and when we dont play we can still win.

page 34 backwards

are you all right lads? need an ice-cream? will you survive acting like fannies?

don't start the delete now, leave the posts up

Don't give two f***s what anybody says about the opposition that was a hard fought victory right there.

We are taking on all comers now and coming away with results. That was more pleasing for me than the Belgian result simply because we were expected to win against a weaker opponent who actually turned out to be pretty decent. They carried a threat throughout yet we held our nerve and got the result. The Manager deserves full credit for that tonight imo. Using the squad and getting results. I could not be happier

Last edited:
Back