MOTM Poll Rangers v Lyon - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They are a decent side but we need have a bit more belief in what we can do and turn the pressure up this 2nd half.

Need to get the crowd involved - very quiet tonight.

I thought that at first but if you watched the replay it was the correct shout. Davis would have stopped the player with the ball going with it and Borna could have got to the runner before Davis as he was too far away.
Nah not for me. Borna is never catching a guy going full pelt when he is still at a standing position. If Davis went into that space he could've got it.

I think we’ve done not too bad first half, created a few good chances. A wonder strike for their goal. We can get something from this game

We've got a serous lack of belief that's been affecting us all season.

Far too many back and side passes.
It's as annoying as feck when we have the ball, and numbers available, not too far from their box, with players moving into space ...

... and the ball ends up being passed back to our defence, or even to McGregor.
Then usually cleared under pressure upfield to be lost in a less promising situation than what we had just worked up to.

Reminds me of the Leverkusen game. Lyon are levels above us I reckon and that’s why we are so tentative; we are afraid of being carved open if we commit more. And that’s probably correct. I think our aim will now be to try and keep it tight until the last 15 and then take it from there.

They’re obviously the standout team in this group. Semi finalists in the champions league last year

Any one of us, Prague and Brondby that gets results against Lyon will obviously steal a March on the others.

We’re very much in the game. We rode our luck at times. On another night it could have been over. On another night it could have been 1-1.

As it stands, we’re 0-1. Enough there to believe we can get a result.

cmon the Gers
Thank jesus for a bit of common sense on this thread

Might be a controversial opinion but i would play roofe over morelos , wee man just hasnt been on it last few weeks and roofe movement is better and hes a better finisher
in games like this we need our striker to do the simple thing at time, hold it up and lay it off.

We’re doing ok against a very good team. If we can speed up a notch in the last third we could cause them problems second half. We need more belief in our midfield and go for quicker forward passes. Big second half. Cmon the Gers!

Taking 3 touches before passing. Making safe ones when we could miss out a man and get more direct. Borna is looking really shakey too. I'd get Wright and Bassey on around the hour mark if there isn't a vast improvement.

It's nowhere near as bad on here as it's being made out. We've had a few chances but unlucky and we've also been a bit lucky with a couple of theirs. It's not a terrible performance against a quality team. But hey you are never going to get balance on here

Back