MOTM Poll Rangers v Motherwell - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A welcome 3 points and a huge game ahead in the old firm game, need to up our game but let’s see what these players are made of cometh the hour

3pts and a clean sheet is acceptable. Poor passing and a few good chances missed .
Hope Alfie is ok for the 2nd as we don’t have that many players in our team that can put the ball in the net

Good result and performance in parts. Some of our passing though was incredibly poor.
As for Matondo, he is clearly lacking in self belief. Might be tempted to put a couple of quid n him to score against the Tims, odds must be in the 100s.

We are far too open as a team that's the last four games where we have looked easy to play through, our passing tonight was also very poor.

Four wins on the trot and 12 points though so it's not all doom and gloom.

We're getting better. Although some play was sloppy, you can see passages of play forming which just wasn't happening before Beale came in.

We're winning games that's the main thing just now.

If we have to start with Sakala and Matondo on Monday I’ll have to be at the seeing double pished stage by 12.30. I’ll take the 3 points from today and be positive about seeing Goldson back but my goodness some of our play was sloppy.

How on earth did Kent get man of the match? Fashion and Matondo are awful. Our passing is horrendous. I will take 3 -0 any day of the week when we play like that.

If Matondo played for Celtic, we'd piss ourself laughing. An error strewn performance, with few players earning brownie points. Goldson, Davies, Barasic and Tillman were fine, Lundstram, Lowry and Jack just got pass marks. Rest poor (McGregor would have been punished with faster strikers).
Well done Beale, 4 wins on the bounce.

A welcome 3 points and a huge game ahead in the old firm game, need to up our game but let’s see what these players are made of comets the hour
I actually think we will be fine, I think Tillman will be our best player on the day, we beat them and they will know we are back to win this league

We are far too open as a team that's the last four games where we have looked easy to play through, our passing tonight was also very poor.

Four wins on the trot and 12 points though so it's not all doom and gloom.

It so reminiscent of gios start as manager. Getting results but are dreadful. Going to need a miracle on Monday as they are faster and better all over the pitch

If Matondo played for Celtic, we'd piss ourself laughing. An error strewn performance, with few players earning brownie points. Goldson, Davies, Barasic and Tillman were fine, Lundstram, Lowry and Jack just got pass marks. Rest poor (McGregor would have been punished with faster strikers).
Well done Beale, 4 wins on the bounce.
Matondo gives nothing to us,, I know some on here want him to justify his transfer fee, but I for one don't see any value in that,, he played well in one friendly but apart from that he has been awful, so far aa waste of a lot of money,, in my option.

A mixed bag of a game. Some great goals and attacking play along with some sloppy AF passing and lamentable finishing.

Reactions: VGM
Matondo really really needs to be told by our coaching staff about the offside rule, and how not to be offside.

Also could do with some help with his shooting perhaps ...
Would have hoped his PE teacher gave that training to him by the time he was 12

Decent performance overall but individual errors so frustrating.Pleased to see Lowry start and play well - he’ll surely see a lot more action this season.
For the first time I’ll say it - Matondo was appalling. Hopefully our coaching team will manage to turn him around though.

Think some posters are a wee bit too judgemental, thought we were decent, horseshoe has gone , more direct, can see what Beale is trying to do, introduction of youth very welcome, need McGregor dropped though

I think fashion and matondo have decent roles to play on Monday. The filths game is all about high energy and high press, their gas tank is usually empty after 60. Boys with their pace should have a field day on a big wide pitch.
Hopefully Beale has them in shooting practice all week

Good result but huge improvement needed for Monday. I can't really see it at this stage. If Morelos is out and no Colak we will really struggle.

It so reminiscent of gios start as manager. Getting results but are dreadful. Going to need a miracle on Monday as they are faster and better all over the pitch
Agree, we can't have every player playing a free role we need to be more compact and rigid in our shape.
I thought we would have a better shape under Beale yet to see it.

Routine win but Morelos injury a worry. Sakala as lone striker against them is not ideal. We need to close down quicker and passing more accurate. Old Firm game will be a tester for these players. We still look fragile at times to the high press.

tbh Motherwell have some dashed awful players.
Shields epitomises everything wrong with the "top level" of Scottish football, that he can start against Rangers in the league when he'd be struggling to get a game for Ashfield.

Van Veen was pretty poor too.

We need to watch how we get caught out by opposition cross-field balls finding their players in shedloads of space. And pay attention to balls getting crossed into our own area. And close players down faster rather than letting them do what they want. Etc, etc.
Not a great performance from us but ultimately quite pleasing !

Extremely slack play most of the night. The first 11 needs a boost and an injection of quality (hoping Lawrence, yilmaz and a singing in Jan will be that) Results are better but I've yet to see an assured performance, too many stupid errors.

A routine 3 points.

A lot of sloppiness and lack of concentration at times. Much work to be done, but it’s heading in the right direction.

I think fashion and matondo have decent roles to play on Monday. The filths game is all about high energy and high press, their gas tank is usually empty after 60. Boys with their pace should have a field day on a big wide pitch.
Hopefully Beale has them in shooting practice all week
I pray you’re right brother

That performance was terrible imo. Our passing was absolutely woeful. Massive improvements needed for our next game.
I don't agree we were terrible but I agree our passing was poor do that against the scum and we will be punished but who knows improve our passing and we will more than give them a game

Back