MOTM Poll Rangers v Motherwell - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The continued poor performances are a concern. They will eventually catch up with us unless we are able to pull ourselves together. Amazing to come out with a 3-0 win while looking so off it.

If we can't lift our game for the 02nd we're in trouble. We continue to gift away possession with sloppy passes when under no real pressure. Under a bit of high press in our next game I dread to think how bad our possession can be.... thankfully didn't matter tonight and on the flip side we played some tidy moves going forward. Our basic stuff needs improvement.

We looked decent when attacking at pace but I’m not sure we’ll have enough for the 2nd. Still a lot of players out, unfit or off form.

If we can't lift our game for the 02nd we're in trouble. We continue to gift away possession with sloppy passes when under no real pressure. Under a bit of high press in our next game I dread to think how bad our possession can be.... thankfully didn't matter tonight and on the flip side we played some tidy moves going forward. Our basic stuff needs improvement.
I agree, we are so slow across the back we are a gift to any team with pacey forwards sent out to press us. We have to make them work much, much harder to force an error from us. Right now they can stand and shout “Boo” and we throw a panic attack.
Then we get more pedantic, try to be more precise, get even slower and easier to press.
Quite a few of these players need to stand up and be counted, I hope they’ve got it in them.

That was another absolutely brutal watch. We need to improve drastically. Not looking forward to Monday.

Admin- why was my thread removed highlighting clowns within our support singing crap about Tommy Burns?
These guys are an embarrassment to every descent minded fan within our support.
Sweep sweep.
Al tell you why folk are singing it.its a reaction to the songs we've had to listen to all season about the Queen,Walter Andy qnd Jimmy Bell I'm not saying its right but.

The continued poor performances are a concern. They will eventually catch up with us unless we are able to pull ourselves together. Amazing to come out with a 3-0 win while looking so off it.
We look completely disinterested in killing teams off and getting as many goals as possible. We were playing walking football for much of that match.

Fairly average performance tonight. Borna looked better going forward. Saw nothing unfortunately that boosted the confidence for monday.

I also dont get why out songs are now 90% about celtic or the ira even at Ibrox.

‘Jump on the heads of the Glasgow Celtic’ etc. they are 9’clear and pissing it unfortunately. Lets get behind our actual players and team and give them the extra 10% needed.

Fairly average performance tonight. Borna looked better going forward. Saw nothing unfortunately that boosted the confidence for monday.

I also dont get why out songs are now 90% about celtic or the ira even at Ibrox.

‘Jump on the heads of the Glasgow Celtic’ etc. they are 9’clear and pissing it unfortunately. Lets get behind our actual players and team and give them the extra 10% needed.
Much of our support have a wierd obsession with Celtic. They even know word for word that Willie Maley song and 'celebrate' the fact that Celtic had a paedophile ring in operation for decades.
A grotesque song/chant that is an insult to the victims looking for justice at the hands of that sordid club.

Much of our support have a wierd obsession with Celtic. They even know word for word that Willie Maley song and 'celebrate' the fact that Celtic had a paedophile ring in operation for decades.
A grotesque song/chant that is an insult to the victims looking for justice at the hands of that sordid club.
Completely agree. The UB probably sing more about celtic as a club than their green brigade. It doesn’t add atmosphere on nights like tonight as nobody gets involved

Unfortunately we are not ready for Sceptic.
Beale is obviously still in experimental mode, they are settled with a clear identity.

Of course we sing about them, they are our rivals,, every club In the world sings songs about their closest rivals, we are no different and we shouldn't be in my opinion.

Al tell you why folk are singing it.its a reaction to the songs we've had to listen to all season about the Queen,Walter Andy qnd Jimmy Bell I'm not saying its right but.

You make a fair point but we should not be sinking to their level. Rangers supporters should never allow their standards to be polluted by what that mob does.

Four wins in a row, two clean sheets in a row. Moving in the right direction but major changes to the squad needed to see real improvement.

Delighted with the win but by god our defence need to stop continuously giving the ball away on the edge of the box as they won't get away with it against the filth.

You make a fair point but we should not be sinking to their level. Rangers supporters should never allow their standards to be polluted by what that mob does.
I totally agree I've never sang it and never will same goes for songs like the bears are having a party the tims are.......we have had to listen to songs all season directed at us horrible songs.

I'm just back too and all I can say was that was a real Jekyll and Hyde performance tonight.
Some of our passing was suicidal and we seemed determined to give away as many corners as possible to allow Motherwell to score and we passed up on multiple opportunities to score a barrowload but on the other hand we had some nice moves and 3 well taken goals.
3 points bagged and we move on to Monday!

I totally agree I've never sang it and never will same goes for songs like the bears are having a party the tims are.......we have had to listen to songs all season directed at us horrible songs.

You'll not get any disagreement from me regarding what that mob, the sheep and spoonburners sing. But our supporters should never let themselves sink to their level in attempting to respond to it. We've plenty of great songs we can sing.

Beale will have us ready for Monday, something our previous manager was incapable of… As long as we put up a fight and compete, we will always have a chance…

Disjointed performance at best, but three points, and a clean sheet.

I went Goldson MotM, really shows the difference having a proper centre half playing.

It's your opinion. But not all opinions are the same.
I have no issue with the paedo song content. The insult is squarely aimed at Celtic and their supporters, and these songs remind everyone a crime took place. There is a strong desire in Scotland to hush this up. Nobody must bring up because think of the victims. That's crap. I see that as people using the victims to protect Celtic's reputation. Well crimes were committed and if tribal singing is the only outlet to keep that in focus so be it.

A lot to be pleased with coupled with some slackness

Barisic was excellent, his balls in were causing havoc
Morelos took his goal well and was unlucky not to get another
Kent was terrific, apart from when breaking at our own box
Lowry had some slack passes but showed a lot
Lundstram started with letting them into the game but 2nd half he was doing things he did last season in his pomp
Goldson and Davies were solid
Tillman can sometimes looks but he offers so much
Matondo one on one is shocking - the lad needs a goal and soon - that said at least he got in those areas
Jack was playing peak Jack at times

Ref was a farce
Pleased to give them every little thing and not give us similar fouls and Failed to book a few of them for wild fouls

I tell you one thing, I hope tonight put the end to any link with Liam Kelly. He’s a good shot stopper and with the ball at his feet but he got lobbed while standing on his line at the second goal and it was no coincidence that we had the most joy all season at cross balls. He shares McGregor’s weakness in not dominating his six yard box.

Havent read the thread but, despite the odd excellent attack tonight, I'm worried we are performing more as individuals as opposed to a team. The Mhanks will be a test, for sure.

A good win tonight but need a big improvement for Monday. I think we need to find a space for Lowry in team as he’s got that bit of something different. Think Arfield also at some point. How Matondo got on defies belief again.

Back