MOTM Poll Rangers v Raith Rovers - 13:00 Sunday - Viaplay Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Short summary...

Woeful performance at home again.

Lundstram terrible

Barasic predictable pointless crossing all game.

Sakala showing us how brutal he can be

Colak non existent, we could have played without him and wouldn't have noticed

Goldson man of match

Good to see Yilmaz get minutes, hopefully start to see less of Barasic

Job done and in the semis
3-0 win

Short summary...

Lundstram terrible

Goldson man of match

Would watch again?

Short summary...

Lundstram terrible

Goldson man of match

Oh shut up, we won 3.0 take the day off ffs.

Through with no real drama. Though Raith packed their defence and essentially spoiled the match as a spectacle, when they did counterattack they showed some nice play. Good to see the subs get some game time .
Man of the match - not so many options as compared to midweek, but Cantwell continues to impress.

Job done but pretty grim viewing
Just don't seem capable of keeping high tempo going for sufficiently long spells and possession given up cheaply too often

A good result but being honest it was a hard watch,our attacking threats were a bit toothless today,but onwards and upwards.

Noticed it pre game in the tunnel, everyone else was lined up but they were peeled off talking to each other

Wouldn't surprise me if they hadn't even heard of each other before rangers but that they have massive respect for each others talent
Raskin also posted on Instagram a photo of both of them saying "Brothers"

Wee bromance it seems

If kent would take some responsibility instead of passing to barisic then standing still he might not need to cross it so often.
True to a point,

I would love to see Kent, Yilmaz. Cantwell, Tillman, Raskin and Hagi with Morelos as the lone striker. Pace, imagination, dig and talent.

Difficult game for us in terms of facing the low block. Obviously Raith were never coming to Ibrox to play any sort of football. Thought we done okay, never in danger and great to see Hagi and Souttar back on the pitch. 3-0, next round, what's not to like?

Job done but given the level of the opposition it was a hard watch nowhere near good enough

I’ll leave the match thread now by simply saying that that Raith Rovers “display” was the most negative, lacking in ambition, defensive and pathetic effort that I think I have ever seen from a team playing a 1/4 final in a major cup competition at Ibrox.

Utterly useless. If that shitty club was obliterated off the face of the Earth tomorrow, nobody would even miss them.

Well done, Rangers. 3-0 win. Into the semis we go.

True to a point,

I would love to see Kent, Yilmaz. Cantwell, Tillman, Raskin and Hagi with Morelos as the lone striker. Pace, imagination, dig and talent.
The amount of times kent passes to barisic then didn't support him was obvious today, barisic is doing the job kent should at times. Kent also doesn't have the shooting ability for someone floating about the front line.

I'd rather see kent the winger we had under Gio than whatever beale see's him as.

We definitely have the blueprint for how to set up against teams having a go.

We’re still miles off what we need to break teams down who sit in.

Could have done with Tillman’s creativity and end product today.

Difficult to get into the same rhythm as v Hibs as Raith had no intentions other than keep the score down but still broke through them 3 times.

I'm sure Beale will want us to be more slick with our attacking but we won very comfortably in the end up.

Noticed it pre game in the tunnel, everyone else was lined up but they were peeled off talking to each other

Wouldn't surprise me if they hadn't even heard of each other before rangers but that they have massive respect for each others talent
Great teams are built on mutual respect. These 2 will do for me.

Interesting comments on Morelos.

Basically not spoken to any of the players out of contract, but has said he wants Jack and Kent to stay, and being clear he's not seen enough from Alfie in training to suggest the same.

The amount of times kent passes to barisic then didn't support him was obvious today, barisic is doing the job kent should at times. Kent also doesn't have the shooting ability for someone floating about the front line.

I'd rather see kent the winger we had under Gio than whatever beale see's him as.
Yeah, cant argue with you there mate, he needs to do a lot more in terms of movement and driving Into the box.
Movement off the ball is so important but he does seem conditioned to short passing to Borna then almost switching off.

Im not sure i want him stuck to the line but that’s why I want to see him play with Yilmaz, he is a ball carrier, lots of pace and energy and could interchange with Kent well. Both swapping positions wide with the other driving into the box.

I think we have the making of a brilliant attacking formation with the players we now have, getting Hagi playing and Lawrence back, along with the January signings I think Beale is really onto something here. I would like Kent to be part of that,

if Alfie wants to stay and wants to fight for a contract I would love to have him, at the moment, he isn’t doing enough according to the manager, I love the way Beale is dealing with him, this is Rangers, fight for a contract or leave. I love Alfie and would love him to be part of this but if he doesn’t earn a contract, he doesn’t deserve to have the shirt and he can go.

Interesting comments on Morelos.

Basically not spoken to any of the players out of contract, but has said he wants Jack and Kent to stay, and being clear he's not seen enough from Alfie in training to suggest the same.
Loved that. I’m a massive Morelos fan, but Beales assertion that if you want the Rangers No9 jersey then earn it, if not, go away. I’ll never understand why players do that, imagine what you or I would do if we had that opertunity!

Exactly how it should be. The Manager is changing the culture here and it’s great, we need the entire club to do the same, from the chairman down.

Short summary...

Lundstram terrible

Goldson man of match

Barasic put some cracking crosses in begging for someone to get on the end of them.

Short summary...

Lundstram terrible

Goldson man of match

Goldson Motm? Why? Simply because he scored? Not deducting anything for him hitting the ball off Davies from 3 yards and gifting them a chance out of boredom? As for Barisic he'd have had 3 or 4 assists minimum if Sakala and Colak could actually get free headers on target instead of hitting them 4 yards wide. It was a box standard 3 nil win against 11 defenders. Not sure what you expected but that's exactly how I thought it would go.

Reactions: TN8
Totally dominant performance. However, we could still be more decisive and clinical in the final third. Some question need asked of Sakala and Colak's consistency as there was a noticeable drop in quality in their play from midweek. We had one defensive brain fart that a better team would have punnished, but aside from that, job done.

Sometimes you need to recognize the opposition came with a game plan and executed it well. I felt that was the case with Raith today. Lang did himself proud on his Ibrox debut.

MOTM: Cantwell. The guy is everywhere and always looking to make things happen. There might still be a question mark over his final product, but better players around him should offer im more options. It was nice to see him have a couple of pops at goal today even if they didnt come off.

WATP!!!

Never seen a team of so many raging pussy's in my life. Raith are clearly just an absolutely horrible football team with absolutely nothing to offer. Diving, feigning injury, fouling. Just anything to avoid getting on with the game.
All ably assisted by a horrible referee only too willing to penalise Rangers for the least thing while letting foul after foul go unpunished. Got in the way of our players many times. Played on when no advantage,stopped play for nothing more than giving them a breather. A clown of a referee.
Why it's cheating beaton. It's what he does best but only in our games

Back