MOTM Poll Rangers v Raith Rovers - 13:00 Sunday - Viaplay Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Short summary...

Woeful performance at home again.

Lundstram terrible

Barasic predictable pointless crossing all game.

Sakala showing us how brutal he can be

Colak non existent, we could have played without him and wouldn't have noticed

Goldson man of match

Good to see Yilmaz get minutes, hopefully start to see less of Barasic

Job done and in the semis

Short summary...

Lay aff the martini

Short summary...

Lundstram terrible

Goldson man of match

I've seen some poor takes on here but this may be the worst, what on earth are you on????

Last edited:
Short summary...

Lundstram terrible

Goldson man of match

Dont agree not our best but anything but woeful
Barasic been one of our better performers recently but yes good to see Yilmaz

Thought Lundstram played well he made 1 mistake that I can remember wouldn't play him in front of others at the moment though in certain game's

Goldson made a couple of needless mistakes so can't give him man of the match
Overall Cantwell had the most influence in the game.

Agree Colak and Sakala not there best games however decent squad members.

Pish atmosphere without the UB.

Great to see Yilmaz & big Souttar get proper minutes.

Scotty Arfield scoring the big sexy b

Job done
Never looked in danger
3 goals
Players back from injuries getting more minutes

Did we deserve it ? Certainly
Did we play well ? Not IMO

Players who've been sharp of late - Sakala, Colak, Kent were laborious at best
& we reverted back to a lack of ideas, tactics & methods of breaking down a talentless but resolute defence

We still need a lot of work - but at least we're still in the competition & have the chance to make that work count

Pish atmosphere without the UB.

Great to see Yilmaz & big Souttar get proper minutes.

Scotty Arfield scoring the big sexy b

Amazes me the amount of folk that criticise the UBs. Moan about song book etc. Not once did I hear the Rangers fans. Where are all these critics giving it laldy? Are the UBs perfect? No. However, they do more good than bad.
Will be interesting to see what the reasons were today and what actually happened.

Amazes me the amount of folk that criticise the UBs. Moan about song book etc. Not once did I hear the Rangers fans. Where are all these critics giving it laldy? Are the UBs perfect? No. However, they do more good than bad.
Will be interesting to see what the reasons were today and what actually happened.
Absolutely right

Short summary...

Lundstram terrible

Goldson man of match

Short summary of your post...

Talking shite

Watched the game with the Berkshire RSC upstairs in Walkabout in Reading.
Laptop was playing up so jumped on the train.
6.40 for a moretti
Much the same price for a pint of Bravo in the Bermondsey Bierkeller with the London Branch. Join up and you get a beer voucher and 10% off each round. The more you drink, the more you save.

Job done
Never looked in danger
3 goals
Players back from injuries getting more minutes

Did we deserve it ? Certainly
Did we play well ? Not IMO

Players who've been sharp of late - Sakala, Colak, Kent were laborious at best
& we reverted back to a lack of ideas, tactics & methods of breaking down a talentless but resolute defence

We still need a lot of work - but at least we're still in the competition & have the chance to make that work count
This is our biggest issue, IMO.

Gerrard, Gio and now Beale have all struggled to come up with different approaches to it and whether it’s by design or not the players seem to revert to default mode when presented with it - always needing an extra touch, slow build up and sideways passing to the full backs to cross aimlessly in.

Our front players need to show greater movement when facing the ball and our midfielders should be looking to drive forward to play one twos or triangles in getting beyond these stubborn defences.

It seems to me that we don’t really practice this sort of thing because we never appear to do anything different when we face it.

Not an easy watch. Got the job done though, and good to see some of the returning players get minutes.

This is our biggest issue, IMO.

Gerrard, Gio and now Beale have all struggled to come up with different approaches to it and whether it’s by design or not the players seem to revert to default mode when presented with it - always needing an extra touch, slow build up and sideways passing to the full backs to cross aimlessly in.

Our front players need to show greater movement when facing the ball and our midfielders should be looking to drive forward to play one twos or triangles in getting beyond these stubborn defences.

It seems to me that we don’t really practice this sort of thing because we never appear to do anything different when we face it.
I think we need to both recognise and accept the fact Scottish Teams will lie, cheat and steal everything vs Rangers.

Such tactics deserve contempt but also need a variant and at times riskier attack plan.

We need more and quicker movement, we need to vary the throughput balls and we certainly need to shoot a lot more whenever the chance presents itself.

We can see like today once that goal goes in the game changes significantly but until it does the grind is in full effect. If we’re not more guileful the clock burns and befor me you know it the half or full time whistle blows .

Last edited:
Toss up between Cantwell and Barisic for MOTM for me today, with the former getting it due to longer on the pitch basically. However, the crosses that Borna was putting in before he was subbed off deserved far more reward than they got. Many of them were simply outstanding.

Cantwell is a wee buzz-bomb. Appears here, there and everywhere - constantly looking to move the ball forward and into the gaps. He's going to be a fine player for us.

I had high hopes for beale but feeding the ball to the full backs 40 times a game and slow and ponderous on the ball unless we have acres of space to play into through the middle.

Praising Barisic for his crossing when that is every other teams game plan, to force the ball out to Barisic and let him punt it in. He gets so many opportunities to cross it, of course some are decent. He slows down every attack with his hesitant, cowardly play. The fact he praised his recent form after the game terrifies me.

Finally, accepting this “job done” mentality every time we go 2 goals up at home. Never mind entertaining the fans, I want to see a team that want to destroy the opposition. This squad are determined not to expend any energy they don’t have to.

He needs to have an absolutely ruthless clear out in the summer, or he won’t be here this time next year.

Some of our play was to slow but that's a mindset Beale will change in the pre season and with new signings, we're going in the right direction.
We always play extra passes. For instance Lundstram to Goldson then out to Barisic despite Barisic being in so much space when Lundstram had the ball. Just need to quicken it up.

I am really struggling how to see we will win the SC after that performance against RR, even though I know every game is a one off game. Fair enough bigging up Todd, Nico, Ryan etc, but as it stands, this is not good enough. Don't care how MB wants to call it, this is a massive rebuild we need, cannot afford to sit still and depend on current players, we are at risk of falling even further behind than them. GK x1, CD x1, DMC x1, AMC x2, ST x1 minimum.

We will be a much better team when he’s gone
Grossly unfair to judge Ridvan on the cameos we’ve seen of him so far, and a lot of what I’ve seen I like, but Borna was excellent today and has been consistently good since Beale’s return. As we know though, he’s not immune to a horror show. We’ve yet to see Ridvan in a high pressure match.

Borna will probably leave in the Summer. I hope we have an adequate replacement.

Probably the most boring cowardly team I've ever seen at Ibrox.

Partick thistle came and had a real go and made a real game of their visit to Ibrox.

Raith came came with the most negative cowardly set up I've seen.

Only saw the first half, my take on it is the players are understanding with each passing day the way MB wants them to play
It looked pretty comfortable in the 1st half, job done through to the next round
I was not expecting a cricket score like some on here, even the top top teams finds it hard against 10 opposition players in their own box.
We’re improving, passing the ball quicker and most importantly most of the passes are going forward
I’m content with the incremental improvements I see game by game (well the last two anyway)
We’re at last on the right track in what MB wants, obviously still lots of room for improvement, but Rome wasn’t built in a day and all that…

I had high hopes for beale but feeding the ball to the full backs 40 times a game and slow and ponderous on the ball unless we have acres of space to play into through the middle.

Praising Barisic for his crossing when that is every other teams game plan, to force the ball out to Barisic and let him punt it in. He gets so many opportunities to cross it, of course some are decent. He slows down every attack with his hesitant, cowardly play. The fact he praised his recent form after the game terrifies me.

Finally, accepting this “job done” mentality every time we go 2 goals up at home. Never mind entertaining the fans, I want to see a team that want to destroy the opposition. This squad are determined not to expend any energy they don’t have to.

He needs to have an absolutely ruthless clear out in the summer, or he won’t be here this time next year.
I respect your opinion but I have disagree when you say Borna was punting the ball in. Some of his crosses were excellent but most of the time he was aiming at one man ( being marked by 2 or 3 defenders )

Short summary...

Lundstram terrible

Goldson man of match

Ffs.

We won a cup game 3-0 and are into the semi-finals, one step closer to defending our trophy.

The negativity is unbelievable on here now, seems some posters take more delight in a loss than a win.

We were never doing anything other than winning today and played a team set up to defend the full match, seems some posters want everything.

You just know already its going to he a 'showpiece final' given the other 2 teams that will be in the semi draw.

Back