Match Thread Rangers v Ross County - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv

not good enough but better

Polster stood out
lost it a few times but apart from once or twice generally got it back quickly
good crosses, doesn't take chances

Ojo played ok - looked more willing to work harder and had some decent attacking moves

Reactions: VMS
2 well taken goals,critical 3 points,Defoe was excellent but room for improvement

That's four poor performances on the trot. Tonight the better one but that's not really saying a lot.

Not the reaction I expected. A flat, sloppy, slack grind of a first half. Slightly better 2nd half.

We need genuine quality brought in over the next few days, this team/squad look stale.

At least we won but yet another injury. The weekend will be more of the same against a better organised, more determined, physical side.

4 poor performances. 3 wins. 75%

SG record is @ 64% win ratio.

* Take out European games be higher.

If this is our bad spell , it ain't that bad.

I thought Ojo looked better tonight and out a decent shift in.

I really wish we’d shoot from distance more often though and it was a bit worrying that Goldson and Katic would often end up going for the same ball despite a clear shout from one or the other.

3 points though is the main thing.

We looked very nervous at the start. It's probably the poorest I've seen Kamara and Davis play. Polster put in a shift and was effective first half. Ojo looked better and Barisic seemed to want to drive the team forward. We looked a little disjointed against a pretty average team and I personally think we are a long way short of where we should be.

We look a bit uncertain at times but got the win.
I think we have to get behind them a bit more and see if we can play out of this sticky patch.
We have a chance of winning the title and whilst the performances aren't great we all have to dig in.

Good nights work. Unspectacular but comfortable victory on a night 3pts were vital. The stuffiness of RC killed the match as a spectacle. If there's a worry its how difficult were seem to be finding it to score since the New Year. We dominated that game, especially in midfield, but were a little short on inventiveness in the final third. Two very classy goals. The opener showed just what Defoe brings to the side. A truly world class finish out of nowhere. I really hope his injury isn't a serious one, especially given his age. Arfield's counter was a the result. of some exquisite passing. Wonderful one touch play between Ojo, Defoe, and Captain Scotty. What a flick by Jermaine.

MOTM: Arfield, Ojo, Kamara, Poster, and Goldston were the standouts for me tonight and I wouldnt argue with any of them getting the nod. Once again Goldson was a rock at the back, with a great pass to start the move for the opener. Ojo put in a decent shift, rewarding the manager for his faith in him. The lad has his flaws but he's inventive and capable of great support play. We need to remember he's still young and raw, but is a good option to have in the squad IMO. He can be inconsistent, but possesses more quality than Jones, Barker, and Stewart combined. The American impressed me once again tonight after his great display at Tynecastle. I love the way he got stuck in and didnt give up any ball as a lost cause. He was asking some questions in the first half with his crosses. Nice to see some variety there as well, throwing in the odd ball along the floor on occasion. He has good passing ability as well. For me he's worked his way to becoming the first choice back up for Tav in the past two matches. I'll give the award to Arfield though. It wasn't a perfect performance from the Canadian, but his goal was worth it's weight in gold after the disappointment of the weekend. He was industrious, direct, and caused the RC defenders all manner of problems.

WATP!!!

I must have watched a different game from most on here. From what I can see far too many players are completely off the boil at the moment and injuries to key players are stacking up. Unless something changes quickly we are really going to struggle on Saturday against an Aberdeen team that are admittedly bang average, but far superior in the art of shithousery than Ross County

See before the break we were playing some good football, not all the time in every game but we were playing that's the bottom line.

The last 4 games we have played average and sometimes way below the standard of average and now we are back to basic mistakes and poor passing again, getting into a dangerous mode at the back where we dawdle wi the ball and casually pass it about givin the crowd distress and them getn on players backs.

Tonight we did the same as against st boo fuuked about just before and also during the 5 mins added time allowed ourselves to come under pressure and could have paid for it. Again we didnae, but we are making it hard for ourselves to avoid losing goals.

We have played a league one team and 3 of the bottom premier teams and have not shown any progress on the park since the break in any of these games and now we are facing teams further up this league and performances must improve RAPID.

I

is the right answer!

It might be your answer but it won't happen. There is something about the way this squad were doing things and now the same players are looking to be loaned out not showing any real form after a break in the Dubai Sun and Alfie trudging off tonight looking as if he wanted not to be here. It can be put down to morons hassling him away from football, I'll guarantee the big man more than most can see the situation.

I must have watched a different game from most on here. From what I can see far too many players are completely off the boil at the moment and injuries to key players are stacking up. Unless something changes quickly we are really going to struggle on Saturday against an Aberdeen team that are admittedly bang average, but far superior in the art of shithousery than Ross County

Did he see the size of that mob tonight, even the subs were gigantic.And after went 2-0 up they got very physical. The wank in black missed two yellows with their approach in the second half. Or maybe the same player so a RED.

We can be very poor when the midfield arent ticking over. I didnt think we needed more midfielders but its important to bring in a quality midfielder this window if we can.

Did ye see that Rossco support tonight, fuuk sake some of our qualifying Europa opponents had more in attendance.

Essential 3 pts. Four matches in January show we are not playing at our best. The lack of Jack, Tav and Alfie underline how much we depend on them and this makes the team’s overall display weaker than usual.
There isn’t a magic wand to change this. We will have to accept we need to grind out results like tonight and keep going. SG has to maintain our mental strength until we get our ’mojo’ back and start to win handsomely again.

I agree with this, since the break we've looked very average, Saturday sees us face a team who will be so fired up against us, we need to be a lot better or it will end in disappointment.

2 well taken goals but overall performance was poor. At least Polster has been given a couple of games and seems to have improved.

A great improvement over Sunday (in that we won) and the goals especially the first one were great. However, still a lot of improvement to be made. Perhaps the weather did not help.

Last edited:
Davis is usually 8/10 most weeks, even he hasn't been at his best, as he makes the team tick. Let's hope it improves as we cannot afford another slip up.

4 poor performances. 3 wins. 75%

SG record is @ 64% win ratio.

* Take out European games be higher.

If this is our bad spell , it ain't that bad.
Who do you think you are! Coming on here with your facts and logic.
Don't you realise we panty wetters have grievances to air, moans and groans to get off our chests and promote our doom and gloom agenda.
GTF with your real facts.

I think it shows how much we miss key players - Tav and Morelos. And Davis has been quieter. These three are vital to the team.

We looked very nervous at the start. It's probably the poorest I've seen Kamara and Davis play. Polster put in a shift and was effective first half. Ojo looked better and Barisic seemed to want to drive the team forward. We looked a little disjointed against a pretty average team and I personally think we are a long way short of where we should be.
i think we are absolutely going to be nervous as you can see there is a slight edge - combination of pressure, expectations, close to seeing the prize and getting a bit tight. We as a fan base dont help in many respects as have the same edge and nerves - unless there is quick goal as soon as there is misplaced pass, bad miss, etc then the crowd is edgy. we are short of where we were but really i see that as being without 3 starters and of those 3 arguably our most critical 3. we need to remain dogged, grind out results until we start to play well and as fans we need to play our part.

True but still a bit to be concerned about, play like that on Sat and we won't get 3 points.
Not going to disagree with you, got away with it against st midden, didn't against hearts, need big improvement at weekend, cant be having a repeat of last season and effing it up after winter break

Back