Rangers v Rovers

ROVERS F.C.

Hello Lads n Lasses Blackburn Rovers fan checking in.....

Looking forward to our friendly game on the 21st and what will be the first visit to Ibrox for many of our fans.All tickets sold out early last week at our end( many,many more wanted to travel) and I'm sure it will make for a cracking good natured atmosphere.

Souness,Tugay,Hendry,Big Amo...great ambassadors for both our fine old clubs and memories of better times especially for us Blue n Whites.

Sincerely wishing you Gers the best of luck for the future after your recent troubles,most of us down here admire and respect what your Club stands for..you know the score.

You will be welcome at : https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/forum/4-football-messageboard/

Last edited:
You will all receive a warm welcome, smashing crowd you're bringing up. Hope yous have a good day out and sell us Bradley Dack while you're up here ;)

If more Blackburn fans want to travel they should know they'll definitely get tickets. We always open a stand as pay at the gate for these friendlies. As long as they dont act like arseholes obviously.

Anyways, welcome to the forum mate. Im sure it will be a decent wee game. Our fans will give the travelling Blackburn support a warm welcome id expect.

Cheers for the welcome and the heads up about pay at the gate...the 1,600 flew out the door,could have probably taken double that,real shame.

Good luck for tonight btw!
It’ll be the Copland rear, opposite from your own allocation.

Cheers for the welcome and the heads up about pay at the gate...the 1,600 flew out the door,could have probably taken double that,real shame.

Blackburn fans can go, just make a Rangers account and buy tickets from 9am today. It’s also going to be pay at the gate. The stadium will be half empty so you can turn up and easily get in.

You should get more tickets, plenty of space in the Broomloan Front.

Don’t expect much of an atmosphere from us mate. In fact expect our crowd to be flat and reserved maybe a few groans here and there depending on how we play, just don’t want you traveling with any misconceptions leading to you being let-down.

Looking forward to our friendly game on the 21st and what will be the first visit to Ibrox for many of our fans.All tickets sold out early last week at our end( many,many more wanted to travel) and I'm sure it will make for a cracking good natured atmosphere.

Souness,Tugay,Hendry...great ambassadors for both our fine old clubs and memories of better times especially for us Blue n Whites.

Sincerely wishing you Gers the best of luck for the future after your recent troubles...most of us down here admire and respect what your Club stands for.

You will be welcome at : https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/forum/4-football-messageboard/

You will love Ibrox. We will smash your team on the pitch but there's no shame in that. I hate Sutton but I hope you guys find yourselves back where you belong soon in the EPL. Do you still have they chicken fųcks as owners?

Souness,Tugay,Hendry...great ambassadors for both our fine old clubs and memories of better times especially for us Blue n Whites.

Sincerely wishing you Gers the best of luck for the future after your recent troubles...most of us down here admire and respect what your Club stands for.

Just clocked you have signed Stewart Downing. I would just like to say thank you as I was dreading us signing him

We'll be drinking the Louden dry Robert..tell 'em to stock up well;)
I will see you there mate, I’m the Dude with the false beard and moustache and dark glasses. Have a great time and be early to have a look at the pub before it fills up as the place has lots of things to see

Sounds better every post lads!

Yep,Venkys still here...and still despised for what they did to Jack Walkers legacy.

I'll never forget that night at your Green foes,UEFA Cup 2002....

Souness struts over to touchline,turns to face Rovers fans with both fists raised, milked it for all it was worth as their fans went ape shit foaming at the mouth...worth the admission fee alone! HA!

...And we were robbed!;)

Souness,Tugay,Hendry,Big Amo...great ambassadors for both our fine old clubs and memories of better times especially for us Blue n Whites.

Sincerely wishing you Gers the best of luck for the future after your recent troubles,most of us down here admire and respect what your Club stands for..you know the score.

One of our Club's founders, Peter Campbell,played for Blackburn Rovers for a spell during season 1880-81 but returned to Rangers.

npnc6a.jpg

Rather than start a new thread:

Tickets are on sale on teh website now, lower tiers only and decent availability - I've just bought 7 for friends and family

Will get a very warm welcome:))

Should be a decent atmosphere but will be nowhere near the normal crowd numbers

As long as you aren’t training at the bheasts ground should be a nice friendly game:):)

You will be made welcome in The Louden, opposite the underground and literally 2 mins from the Stadium
you only have to do two things, behave and have a great day,all our English Kin are welcome
How it should be. I remember meeting Leeds fans years ago in your pub (not sure if it was when you had it Rab or before?) and they spoke glowingly about the welcome they got from our support compared to that they got from the mentally challengeds, who they’d faced a few days before.

I've family down you're way who are season ticket holders at Ewood and can't make due to a holiday, however I'm sure plenty of their friends are making trip.

Poster on our MB reckons the limited allocation is down to Police advice,real shame as our travelling fans have no reputation for trouble.

How are sales going at your end and what crowd do you expect?
Rangers to play a second string side following the European game?

Govanite,Garner is a Legend to our fans,a ray of light through some very hard times for the Rovers...up there with Shearer for me (just maybe not as lethal)!!o_O

Last edited:

You will leave Ibrox and remember that day forever. We will welcome you my friend.

Poster on our MB reckons the limited allocation is down to Police advice,real shame as our travelling fans have no reputation for trouble.

How are sales going at your end and what crowd do you expect?
Rangers to play a second string side following the European game?

Govanite,Garner is a Legend to our fans,a ray of light through some very hard times for the Rovers...up there with Shearer for me (just maybe not as lethal)!!o_O

Sales are slow, but will pick up over the next week. Always the way. Pay at the gate always gives us a right bump on the day too. We had a crowd of 22,000 for Oxford, I'd say you can expect between that and 30,000 for your game, probably towards the top end.

As previously stated, you'll be made welcome in the louden which is right across from the stadium. The District Bar on Paisley Road West is a fifteen minute walk from your entrance to the stadium and is also a great pub.

One note - our 'megastore', I.E. Club shop at the stadium is currently a no-go. We're still in a bitter legal dispute with Mike Ashley over our retail side of things, so the shop at the stadium is currently a Sports Direct that hasn't been restocked for at least two years - would respectfully ask that if you are in contact with any BRFC fans who are likely to want a souveneir, guide them away from there and towards the Rangers Store in the city centre, right beside St Enoch subway.

Enjoy yer time up here - except the result of course :D

Have friends from down your way who are big Rovers fans I’ve been to a couple of games as well, one when Damien Fuff scored v Spurs I’m sure! My friends sit next to the dug outs. Hope you all have a great day always had a soft spot for Rovers.

My lad plays for rovers academy up at brockhall and we are season ticket holders at rangers, divided loyalties on the day? Not a chance
In all seriousness rovers have been very good to us, really looking forward to the game

If you are arriving at Ibrox via the subway and the Louden Tavern make sure to do a lap of the stadium before or after the game mate, you will only see the rear coming from the subway and the front of the stadium is something to behold on matchdays, plenty of photo opportunities etc

enjoy your trip

Blackburn and their Ker Perks :)

We on the other side of the Pennines however, speak proper.

Good lads travel with the Blackburn RSC.

@ROVERS F.C. you know a Blackburn draft ex Scots Guardsman?

Back