Rangers v Rovers

Another good win and performance from you fellas today...your real test comes on the 21st!
;)

We are on fire at the moment. There's a good chance your team will be on the receiving end of a right good pumping from us. I hope Blackburn give us a good challenge and don't forget to bring your singing voice:)

Hello Lads n Lasses Blackburn Rovers fan checking in.....

Looking forward to our friendly game on the 21st and what will be the first visit to Ibrox for many of our fans.All tickets sold out early last week at our end( many,many more wanted to travel) and I'm sure it will make for a cracking good natured atmosphere.

Souness,Tugay,Hendry,Big Amo...great ambassadors for both our fine old clubs and memories of better times especially for us Blue n Whites.

Sincerely wishing you Gers the best of luck for the future after your recent troubles,most of us down here admire and respect what your Club stands for..you know the score.

You will be welcome at : https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/forum/4-football-messageboard/

Have you got something against our Barry? With the exception of the result I hope that you guys enjoy your visit. We both go a very long way back into the days when the Football Association was founded.

Ferguson was a frustrating player at Rovers tbh,injuries and his heart was clearly back at Ibrox.Rangers benefited much more than us...to the tune of 7 Million if memory serves me right!

Anyway not long to wait for a first visit to your ground,looking forward to it.

GOOD LUCK TONIGHT.

Last edited:
Me and the family and friends got talking to family from Blackburn year you won the EPL when on holiday in Olhus d'Agua in Portugal. Parents were ST holders but their grandson who was with them was a Manure fan. (i know wtf eh?)
They were intrigued as to why my oldest had a Rovers top on and wore it nearly every day.
I explained that i was not a fan of Manure and promised him a Rovers top if they won the title.
They did, top was bought, holiday enjoyed and the rest is history.

Anyways do you know them? He still owes me a fiver.:))

Is this the same Blackburn that Dalgleish won the league with ?! :oops:

dack.jpg

Over 1k Blackburn fans present today on what should have been a good day out for them and the GWC was like a library for most of the game.

Good effort to travel and attend the game but whats with a lot of English clubs and the pitiful vocal backing they give their teams on days like this?

Im sure some will think im harsh but when we go away, the locals and our team will hear us loud and clear. We also enjoy ourselves.

Has sit down, shut up won over most in England?

I can think of around half a dozen clubs' supports who would properly show up, but Blackburn were very underwhelming in that regard.

Over 1k Blackburn fans present today on what should have been a good day out for them and the GWC was like a library for most of the game.

Good effort to travel and attend the game but whats with a lot of English clubs and the pitiful vocal backing they give their teams on days like this?

Im sure some will think im harsh but when we go away, the locals and our team will hear us loud and clear. We also enjoy ourselves.

I can think of around half a dozen clubs' supports who would properly show up, but Blackburn were very underwhelming in that regard.
You could say the same of our home support for most of the match

You could say the same of our home support for most of the match

Apples and Oranges.

Any home support in a non-competitve game is gonna be passive. Low crowd, kids and families, etc.

An away day friendly is mostly regular travelers/core support, in a different location, a day out etc etc.

Surely this is well established?

Apples and Oranges.

Any home support in a non-competitve game is gonna be passive. Low crowd, kids and families, etc.

An away day friendly is mostly regular travelers/core support, in a different location, a day out etc etc.

Surely this is well established?
Well I don't think that should be the case more should be done to increase the noise and atmosphere at these games

Oxford were loud and cheeky bandits to boot :D

Hello Lads n Lasses Blackburn Rovers fan checking in.....

Looking forward to our friendly game on the 21st and what will be the first visit to Ibrox for many of our fans.All tickets sold out early last week at our end( many,many more wanted to travel) and I'm sure it will make for a cracking good natured atmosphere.

Souness,Tugay,Hendry,Big Amo...great ambassadors for both our fine old clubs and memories of better times especially for us Blue n Whites.

Sincerely wishing you Gers the best of luck for the future after your recent troubles,most of us down here admire and respect what your Club stands for..you know the score.

You will be welcome at : https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/forum/4-football-messageboard/

Loved you guys when you were competing with Man UTD back in the day!

Blackburn is a real football town make no mistake...don't confuse us with some shyte by the name of Burnley!.Every bit a friendly game atmosphere.We thought the Rangers fans had nodded off!! :));)

Just got back and the Glasgow rain followed us South...

Game of two halves,Rangers far the better in the first,we struggled with their pass and move football.The second half we became a little more physical and pressed,thought Rangers struggled with that at times.

All in all a good day out and a good competitive test for both clubs.

I hope we can meet again this time at Ewood next season...ROVERS v THE CHAMPIONS OF SCOTLAND.

Best wishes lads n lasses for the future and better times ahead for both Clubs.

From BR fans forum...

Parsonblue
  • Champions League

• Members

• 4,512 posts
Posted 1 hour ago
Thoroughly enjoyed my first trip to Ibrox and walking around the stadium you really get the sense of just what a huge club it is. Spent time in a Rangers pub decorated with photos of former heroes - Souness, Dawson, Munro, Tugay, Ferguson, Amoruso amongst them - and the folk couldn't be friendlier.

From BR fans forum...

Parsonblue
  • Champions League

• Members

• 4,512 posts

Posted 1 hour ago
Thoroughly enjoyed my first trip to Ibrox and walking around the stadium you really get the sense of just what a huge club it is. Spent time in a Rangers pub decorated with photos of former heroes - Souness, Dawson, Munro, Tugay, Ferguson, Amoruso amongst them - and the folk couldn't be friendlier.
I would like to think all visiting fans feel that way

Back