Votes: 5 0.4%
  • Arfield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zungu

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Itten/Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I hope that performance wasn’t Buff putting himself in the shop window. I don’t think I have ever seen him playing a better game for the Gers.

That was a great game to watch tonight, the ninety minutes just flew by.

Bring on the Arsenal.
Arsenal are my English team, bring them on we will skelp them.

Observations:
He's played some fantastic games in Europe with us, but I don't remember the last time he played as well as he did tonight. One goal and three assists. Won countless headers and directed them to Rangers players or at least putting defenders under huge pressure. Held up the ball incredibly well and when we were trying to finally control everything after their second, he won free-kicks Epic performance.

Ref was ridiculous. We had 2 bookings. Balogun missed the guy and Kamara ran across the back and mistakenly caught their player. They had 2 players booked, both for dissent. They committed 15 fouls, we committed 11. Their 15 included 2 penalties and multiple muggings when we were breaking. A stonewall yellow card normally. He also checked VAR twice and came back with the wrong decision. That may not be on him.

I don't want to be too harsh, because he's a center-half, but I'd hope the Leon Balogun at right-back experiment is over.

The front 3 did a phenomenal job of harassing their defense. Alfie, Kent and Hagi ran themselves into the ground. Excellent, excellent performances off-the-ball.

I was watching via CBS all-access. I'm not sure who the commentator was, but that prick was dying for it to finish 4-3 to them. He only mentioned it 150 times. GIRUY mate.

Great night and as a bonus, the mhanks would be raging at us getting 4 penalties in 2 games. :D

Observations:
He's played some fantastic games in Europe with us, but I don't remember the last time he played as well as he did tonight. One goal and three assists. Won countless headers and directed them to Rangers players or at least putting defenders under huge pressure. Held up the ball incredibly well and when we were trying to finally control everything after their second, he won free-kicks Epic performance.

Ref was ridiculous. We had 2 bookings. Balogun missed the guy and Kamara ran across the back and mistakenly caught their player. They had 2 players booked, both for dissent. They committed 15 fouls, we committed 11. Their 15 included 2 penalties and multiple muggings when we were breaking. A stonewall yellow card normally. He also checked VAR twice and came back with the wrong decision. That may not be on him.

I don't want to be too harsh, because he's a center-half, but I'd hope the Leon Balogun at right-back experiment is over.

The front 3 did a phenomenal job of harassing their defense. Alfie, Kent and Hagi ran themselves into the ground. Excellent, excellent performances off-the-ball.

I was watching via CBS all-access. I'm not sure who the commentator was, but that prick was dying for it to finish 4-3 to them. He only mentioned it 150 times. GIRUY mate.

Great night and as a bonus, the mhanks would be raging at us getting 4 penalties in 2 games. :D
Balogun at RB was hardly an experiment. It was forced on us. He did what was required in past week and yes was exposed tonight but needed a bit of protection from midfield.
All in all he ayed his part

Superb result

I thought the first 30 odd mins Rangers were outstanding then they tailed off allowing them back into the game through slack passing putting themselves under pressure .

Rangers bossed spells of the second half again there's a nervy edge to Rangers at times that allowed them back into the game something a more technical team really could punish us for.

Young Pattersons performance & goal were stuff of legend even his defending was top notch not frightened to put a foot in or turn away in possession barely wasted a ball even under pressure from two of their players numerous times others were only too happy to see the ball away but no real end product allowing another counter attack.

Three Great chances in the first 30 mins alone showed we could boss them Alfredo tonight was superb his goal and assists make him my motm best complete game for ages he was on it all night .

On the pens a little too soft in awarding them but given in some ways the amount of fouling they were allowed to get away with where our players were booked evens it out .

I actually thought at one point there was a red coming given the persistent fouling of those Bastards leaving their feet in yet again barely any decisions against them.

They are a decent side but I sensed an real fucking arrogance about those cunts tonight in the way they sought to impede then complain but all the while playing cute with tussles & 50/50 balls resulting in two of our players being yellow carded .

Glad they are out %^*& Them .

Well done The Rangers

We've just pumped the 2nd best team in Belgium.

Thought Buff was absolutely outstanding. That's the Buff that's gets you £20 million plus. Could be a real difference maker in the next round (and hopefully more after that). Everything about his game was 'on'

Kent was just as good. He's a player that terrifies opposing teams.

Hagi shows every week how dangerous he is. He might not do it for 90mins, but his ability to control the ball, see the pass and find some space for himself can't be taught.

Midfield trio bossed it. Davis and Kamara controlled everything. I'm not a fan of Aribo playing as a midfield 3, much prefer him as that AM or one of the front 3

Defensively, outside of the mix up between Goldson and McGregor, I thought we were ok. Patterson much better than Balogun.

Genuinely not fussed who we face next. We'll get a very good team no matter what, but we shouldn't fear anyone.

Another enjoyable game against Royal Antwerp. We just lack that bit of quality at the back to seriously challenge for this tournament but if we get a decent draw tomorrow the 1/4 finals is a distinct possibility.
A team effort tonight and I voted for Alfredo Morelos as GENTLEMAN of the match.

Observations:

Must have been the same commentator i was listening too as well on bein sports, kept willing Antwerp on even when they were 2 goals down , kept saying they had plenty time to still win the tie! Never heard a commentary like it.

I thought the Dundee Utd game was the most emphatic poll this season, until this one. Morelos was quite simply world class this evening, and I hate when folk use that phrase.

This team makes me happier every time I watch them. Morelos tottaly unplayable tonight, can't wait to see him with the league trophy

Must have been the same commentator i was listening too as well on bein sports, kept willing Antwerp on even when they were 2 goals down , kept saying they had plenty time to still win the tie! Never heard a commentary like it.
Yeh that clown on bein sports, tosser!! willing them on , kept mentioning only so many goals to level or to put into extra time. I hope he greetin in his hut

Yeh that clown on bein sports, tosser!! willing them on , kept mentioning only so many goals to level or to put into extra time. I hope he greetin in his hut
Thats the same guy I was listening to for 90 mins and I think you are being ridiculously paranoid mate. Naturally any neutral commentator will spur on/say what the underdogs still require. That is what makes the match still interesting if one team is cruising.

well done rangers , a fantastic watch last night
wish i had been there
alfie was superb
involved in 8 of the 9 goals
his best two performances for rangers

Thats the same guy I was listening to for 90 mins and I think you are being ridiculously paranoid mate. Naturally any neutral commentator will spur on/say what the underdogs still require. That is what makes the match still interesting if one team is cruising.
Exactly we sometimes just think the unthinkable as gers fans,but it was box office tv for them

Fantastic Rangers, I must admit to have indulged in a wee bit too much nerve steadier during what was another great European night. Absolutely buzzing and can't wait to see who we get in the next round :shh: B-)

Outstanding performance from the team last night. Bring on the draw. #LetsGo :shh:

Sg saying it’s different for Alfie in Europe.
i thought it was a dig at the hackers of the spfl.
I'm sure he suggested it was more of a case of who's watching Alfie - looks like he'll be leaving but on last nights performance there will be a few teams battling it out for his signature.

Can only be good for the clubs finances.

I felt at times the team played like it was all too easy for them. When they needed to, they stepped up a level to score the goal/s required to see the game through.

Back