MOTM Poll Rangers v Servette - 19:45 Wednesday - BBC TV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bookies giving 4/9-3/1-9/2, surprised were such strong favourites, mind you we were even stronger favourites on Saturday.

I think the only change in personel from Saturday will be Cantwell for Dowell. Might be a bit of positional tweaking involving Lammers/Cantwell. Danilo and Hagi off the bench. Cifuentes not getting his debut until the weekend.

Might go with Jack instead of Lundstram but I don’t think he will.
Not long to find out mate but I think there will be a couple more changes than that.

Servette fan previewing on H&H - nice guy but %^*& me what a tin pot club.

We should be demolishing teams like this.

Fed up predicting based on heart. My eyes and head tell me that with this manager and these full backs we’ll be heading out come FT. Prove me wrong please Rangers.

Fed up predicting based on heart. My eyes and head tell me that with this manager and these full backs we’ll be heading out come FT. Prove me wrong please Rangers.
I don’t think either side will win this tie tonight. After watching pre-season, I’ve said since the draw that we will probably need to win in Belgium or Switzerland to progress, just like PSV last year.

A draw tonight will not surprise me, but hopefully with another 90 mins in the tank, followed by a good win on Saturday, we will be much sharper in a week’s time. We are more than capable of going to Geneva and winning.

I must admit my confidence is pretty low after our stuttering start in all the friendlies and the Kilmarnock performance,. However tonight is another matter, we must raise our game and get this tie settled before the away game.

Mon the Gers, moment of truth is upon us, just do it.

Not bad
Butland
Tavernier Goldson Souttar Barisic
Cantwell Jack Raskin
Lammers
Danilo Dessers​
Rather not have to pick a few of these players but go out and blow this mob away. Get the fucking finger out Rangers. 3-1 I'll go
Not a bad selection but our full backs give me the shivers both of them look as if they are running through sand they are that slow,but hopefully the new guys will pull us through

In the past four seasons, since Gerrard arrived, Rangers have defied indifferent domestic form with impressive European performances and results.

I’ll be watching with interest tonight to see if Beale’s Rangers will be any different. This time last year, Gio secured qualification for the CL group stages.

Jeezo mate, if you are doing laps of the stadium with a bag of cans already you will be blootered and/or knackered come kick off :))
I have a can of Tennents, then a can of Prime.
Rinse and repeat until about an hour before kick-off.
That turbo charges my system for the day.
I have already met a bunch of interesting characters who work at the stadium or are a part of the extended Rangers family.
It's the full "match day" experience I want, not just the evening.

I have a can of Tennents, then a can of Prime.
Rinse and repeat until about an hour before kick-off.
That turbo charges my system for the day.
I have already met a bunch of interesting characters who work at the stadium or are a part of the extended Rangers family.
It's the full "match day" experience I want, not just the evening.
Fair enough mate, I’m working till 5:45pm so it’s as quick as I can eat dinner, jump in the shower and then drive to the game to make kick off without much time to spare!

It’s the same every midweek game for me.

As much as the weekend was a gutter I’m well up for this. Put the game behind us and get a good confidence building result and push on rangers

4-1 Rangers.

I want to be wrong about this more than anything. But based on our pre season form, and given the way we lost to Kilmarnock I think we'll get knocked out of the CL by Servette.
I don't think the manager has a clue what his best team is, and I also think his playing philosophy has a fatal flaw. The way he sets up leaves the defense too exposed. No team found to be defensively wanting wins anything. I see us losing this tie, and it'll be the beginning of the end for Michael Beale.
I'm usually positive about our matches, but Rangers seem to have regressed. Our poor defense will hurt us..
With any luck I'll be far off the mark, and called a panty wetter etc after the game. It'd actually be a big boost being wrong. I don't like feeling like we can't win matches.

I'm going to predict a dynamic and exciting Lundstram - Jack - Raskin midfield and a full scale pre-match meltdown as a result.

Cantwell/Raskin/Cifuentes/Lammers/Dessers/Danilo! Lets go
That’s Beale’s master plan isn’t it, the fear is lack of width and pace in there.
Please don’t repeat that awful performance against Kilmarnock again.
I must be some kind of sicko as I watched that game twice in full.
It was just awful, actually worse the second time around

In the past four seasons, since Gerrard arrived, Rangers have defied indifferent domestic form with impressive European performances and results.

I’ll be watching with interest tonight to see if Beale’s Rangers will be any different. This time last year, Gio secured qualification for the CL group stages.
Only lost one qualifying tie since Gerrard joined.

The infamous Malmo tie.

Buzzing for the game, but I can see it finishing 1-1. That's on the assumption Beale plays the same formation and tactics. Even if he changes personel it won't help too much sadly.

Back