Press Conference Rangers v Sparta Prague - pre match press conference (Video added)

WTF was McGregors answer r.e Goldson about?!

He doesn't read papers etc so 'it didn't happen, it's not relevant to Thursday'??
Wit!!

It's VERY relevant Alan, if the CH infront of you has lost hunger and belief, that has everything to do with tomorrow.
McGregors flippant answers are slightly amusing while everything is going well but there's a time and a place.
Today was not that time or place.
Pish answers from him.

McGregor gave the correct response for me. I didn't like Goldson's comments as much as everyone else, but GVB already delt with questions regarding it on Monday, then they've asked again today fishing for some controversy. Time to move on and focus on Prague.

He doesn't read papers etc so 'it didn't happen, it's not relevant to Thursday'??
Wit!!

It's VERY relevant Alan, if the CH infront of you has lost hunger and belief, that has everything to do with tomorrow.
McGregors flippant answers are slightly amusing while everything is going well but there's a time and a place.
Pish answers from him.
It was the right easy to answer it

He slaughters him the team starts to break they need to work together for the next month not be fighting or we will lose more and more every week

He might say it privately but publicly slaughtering a team mate is not on

I was very disappointed with McGregor dodging the Goldson question. I would have expected a leader and senior player to make some sort of statement of dealing with any issues of full commitment and intent. Down by 2---they should all have been steaming to get back on the pitch with 45 mins to go. 9 men and a pigeon and all that.

I don’t think it was a poor answer at all. He is right that the press conference is about tomorrow nights game.

Do prople want him to come out and slag CG off and possibly cause disharmony within the squad a few days before a massive game?

What McGregor or anyone else in the squad think of Goldsons comments should stay among themselves and I’m sure players will have let him know their feelings already.
I don't expect him to slaughter Goldson but I would expect him to make it clear that the players are hungry, and if they aren't, then they shouldn't be here.

Look at his comments after the 1-1 draw with Hamilton, we needed that type of response here.

McGregor treats the media like something he's scraped off his shoe. They gave him plenty of grief re his 'off-field affairs' so gives them nothing in return.

100% agree.

Press conferences should be scrapped. Absoloute waste of time. There should be an RTV Iinterview the day before the game with an I jury update and the managers thoughts. Questions are always boring and get a stock response.

McGregor would have been chosen for today deliberately, with Rangers knowing exactly what he is like.

The guy is almost forty. His demeanour has always been pretty consistent. He treats Press Conferences like most of us welcome a chap at the door from Jehovah's Witnesses.

Now folk who have spent years revelling in the 'Shagger' persona suddenly expect him to be some sort of profound orator?

If think we will see a different system to the 4–3-3 no idea what right enough but like someone else posted in the thread I can see Tav and Paterson playing in a 4-4-2 formation

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balagun Barasic

Paterson
Davis Hagi Aribo

Kent Morelos
Please try again.

Indeed. I don't disagree with the substance of Gough/Numan's comments, for example, but they don't help the situation.

Of course players are going to rally around their teammates - and I'm glad they are. I'd be more worried if they didn't. McGregor's had his own issues with the press in the past, he's not going to feed them.
This. Hes cuter than people think here, he has shut it down completely, there is nothing for them to try and twist.

Regarding the rest of the squad, from Gios comments I expect that they all know what is required off the pitch as well.

There is a quite steel about him, lets hope the team listen to him.

Wit!!

Pish answers from him.
He’s hardly going to slag a team mate off 24 hours before a game and dominate the back pages tomorrow.

Back