Press Conference Rangers v Sparta Prague - pre match press conference (Video added)

I agree McGregor isn't looking good but quite frankly neither is McLaughlin and he has been just as bad this year.

For me the fault is the chances we are giving up are in the main very good chnaces.

Yes, McLaughlin is a safe keeper, but I can only remember one top quality save he’s made for us, which, at the higher level, you really need.

As others have hinted it, could be change in shape as much as personnel. I think Morelos will be dropped and probably a change in midfield. Possible Bassey in for Borna.
Curious to see who gets dropped.

Not McGregor, on the basis of him doing the presser. Not Tavernier, as GVB confirmed he’s the captain. Not Goldson, as there’s nobody to replace him. So who?

Jack in for Davis, maybe? Sakala to start, perhaps, but at whose expense?

He said changes. Plural.

That was the way to Publicly handle it yes .

Looking forward to January

I'm looking forward to pumping them at the piggery and hopefully seeing Helander back after the break.

Things will be clearer with the Goldson situation too.

Not McGregor, on the basis of him doing the presser. Not Tavernier, as GVB confirmed he’s the captain. Not Goldson, as there’s nobody to replace him. So who?

He said changes. Plural.

I think we will see both Paterson & Tav start

Already his pressers are miles ahead of the last lot we have absolutely no clue which means our opposition have absolutely no clue!

He said changes. Plural.

Bassey for Barišić. Hagi/Bacuna in?

That press conference was embarrassing from McGregor. You expected more leadership from him.
Rarely do the players so one single thing of even remote interest in these things. In fact if you didnt know better they could be talking about any game in any competition.

I know in some countries the more forward thinking clubs provide media training for players. Clearly Scotland is a backwater and it would never happen but even so surely a professional can muster some sort of intelligent or interesting thing to say about the game gone, game coming or days in between.

Youd think.

That press conference was embarrassing from McGregor. You expected more leadership from him.
You've clearly not seen any of McGregors previous pressers. He never gives anything away and treats run of the mill, salacious or stock questions with the contempt they deserve and he makes a point of doing it!

Happy Days!

I think we will see both Paterson & Tav start

Already his pressers are miles ahead of the last lot we have absolutely no clue which means our opposition have absolutely no clue!
If think we will see a different system to the 4–3-3 no idea what right enough but like someone else posted in the thread I can see Tav and Paterson playing in a 4-4-2 formation

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balagun Barasic

Paterson Davis Hagi Aribo

Kent Morelos

WTF was McGregors answer r.e Goldson about?!

He doesn't read papers etc so 'it didn't happen, it's not relevant to Thursday'??
Wit!!

It's VERY relevant Alan, if the CH infront of you has lost hunger and belief, that has everything to do with tomorrow.
McGregors flippant answers are slightly amusing while everything is going well but there's a time and a place.
Today was not that time or place.
Pish answers from him.

He doesn't read papers etc so 'it didn't happen, it's not relevant to Thursday'??
Wit!!

It's VERY relevant Alan, if the CH infront of you has lost hunger and belief, that has everything to do with tomorrow.
McGregors flippant answers are slightly amusing while everything is going well but there's a time and a place.
Pish answers from him.

The answer was -

'Look Sunday was an embarrassing disgrace and the team from 1-11 wasn't good enough'

'You have to understand that the emotions were high after the performance we move on and rectify it collectively with the new management'

He said changes. Plural.
That could mean anything. Changes to the formation, playing style etc etc.

Macgregors answer was poor
But I doubt he's had much media training and in order to make the matter worse with anything he says.
I think he has opted for the 'no comment' approach.
To be fair, I'll wait and see how he/they respond on Thursday and hope for the talking on the park.

The future is bright

Wit!!

Pish answers from him.
Shirked responsibility in answering the question.

Much like half the team have done all season.

Macgregors answer was poor
But I doubt he's had much media training and in order to make the matter worse with anything he says.
I think he has opted for the 'no comment' approach.
To be fair, I'll wait and see how he/they respond on Thursday and hope for the talking on the park.

The future is bright
I don’t think it was a poor answer at all. He is right that the press conference is about tomorrow nights game.

Do prople want him to come out and slag CG off and possibly cause disharmony within the squad a few days before a massive game?

What McGregor or anyone else in the squad think of Goldsons comments should stay among themselves and I’m sure players will have let him know their feelings already.

Wit!!

Pish answers from him.

Who cares what he says - it's press conference puff. The only reaction we want is on the field. We don't need a soap opera played out for the press.

I don’t think it was a poor answer at all. He is right that the press conference is about tomorrow nights game.

Do prople want him to come out and slag CG off and possibly cause disharmony within the squad a few days before a massive game?

What McGregor or anyone else in the squad think of Goldsons comments should stay among themselves and I’m sure players will have let him know their feelings already.
I agree with not Dissing any of the players, and yes should be in dressing room also.
I also think ye, it is about tomorrow

The poor part, is the wording and the reason is all.
Think he could have come out with a similar response more professionally.

I'd be interested to know if any of them get media training

Wit!!

Pish answers from him.
Maybe he's protecting his mate from adding to the pile on which has happened since Sunday?
We have a game tomorrow,focus on that.

Wit!!

Pish answers from him.
He has killed the story and not given the media anymore ammunition to unsettle the team.
My guess is that’s why he was there.

GVB has also spoken to the players and everyone has a clean slate, continuing on about Sunday is not going to help anyone.

Like he said it’s all about Thursday now.

Which is exactly what whoever asked the question is looking for. Disharmony amongst the squad etc headlines.

Indeed. I don't disagree with the substance of Gough/Numan's comments, for example, but they don't help the situation.

Of course players are going to rally around their teammates - and I'm glad they are. I'd be more worried if they didn't. McGregor's had his own issues with the press in the past, he's not going to feed them.

I agree McGregor isn't looking good but quite frankly neither is McLaughlin and he has been just as bad this year.

For me the fault is the chances we are giving up are in the main very good chnaces.

Genuinely cant think if a poor performance by McLaughlin when he's played.

He said changes. Plural.
Aye...

"Ch-ch-changes
Don't want to be a richer man
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Turn and face the strange
Ch-ch-changes
There's gonna have to be a different man" :oops:

I've watched the training video from yesterday and didn't see Balogun. I wouldn't expect to see many changes in personnel tomorrow. Based on who was in the group that Gio was focusing on, I think the starting 10 outfield players will come from:
Tav, Goldson, Bassey, Barasic, Davis, Lundstram, Kamara, Aribo, Arfield, Hagi, Kent and Morelos

That was from yesterday's training session, so things may have changed today but I doubt it. With only two days to work with the squad, expect minimal player changes and the focus being on keeping things simple and basic.

Back