Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Lawrence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Morelos

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Kamara

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Don't think Matondo is suited for playing against deep lying defences, as he's got no space to exploit his pace.
A similar formation to last Tuesday for me, but Davies and Yilmaz to start, plus more minutes for Alfredo off the bench.

McLaughlin

Tavernier
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz

Lundstram

Lawrence
Arfield
Tillman
Kent

Colak

Plenty of intelligent movement around the box, with Arfield, Tillman and Lawrence feeding Colak.

3-0 to the Teddies.
This is exactly why he should be playing. This is how he develops those new elements of his game, to sharpen his movement and rely less on his pace.

We think these lads can’t adapt, Matondo is clearly a talented guy, there’s more to his game than sprinting down the touchline for 90 minutes. His attributes alone will prevent the doubling up on Kent every weekend. He should be playing as much as possible against the hammer throwers. It’s the only way he’ll develop into a Ranger.

This is exactly why he should be playing. This is how he develops those new elements of his game, to sharpen his movement and rely less on his pace.

We think these lads can’t adapt, Matondo is clearly a talented guy, there’s more to his game than sprinting down the touchline for 90 minutes. His attributes alone will prevent the doubling up on Kent every weekend. He should be playing as much as possible against the hammer throwers. It’s the only way he’ll develop into a Ranger.

If Lawrence, Tillman and Arfield provide the same movement through the middle as they did on Tuesday night, then that gives us another dimension to breaking down these defences, as opposed to totally relying on deliveries into the box from wide areas.

The more options we have, the better.

Gio got it spot on Tuesday.

Will be interesting to see how Gio lines up, he said after the game on Tuesday he would use the squad today.

I think we will see Alfie, Davies, Yilmaz all starting. Possibly Davis and Jack as well.

Rumours are that the St Johnstone keeper has already started trying to waste time.
Nail on head. Bitty fouls all avo plus STJ players feigning heat exhaustion etc.

Ball in play <60 mins so Rangers need to hit them hard and fast and keep hitting all game long.

They’ll spoil all they can but if we score early and utilise our subs well it could be a good afternoon with a few goals.

Rumours are that the St Johnstone keeper has already started trying to waste time.
I know it’s part of the game, McGregor is one of the best at it for us in European games, but it’s always bugged me.

Diddy team is holding us to a draw or even a 1 goal lead and all their players suddenly start falling over injured, or half the team gets cramp.

We score, and suddenly cramp goes away and they are all running about with the stamina of Mo Farah.

Expect us to keep improving by games we play, Davis in midfield today, with an eye on PSV game and resting someone. Be nice to thump these boys, but we do struggle at times to break down teams who sit back all game.

Like to think Gio will have the handbrake off for games like this

One holding midfielder, two attacking midfielders. Team for me

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz

Lundstram
Lawrence
Tillman

Matondo
Colak
Kent

However I suspect we'll see the likes of Kamara, Davis, Wright and Arfield

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz

Lundstram
Lawrence
Tillman

Matondo
Colak
Kent

I like it but much too positive for GVB

McLaughlin
Tav
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz
Davis
Lawrence
Tillman
Matondo
Kent
Morelos

Take Morelos and kent off around 60 mins when we’ve secured the win, then take off the likes of Lawrence and tillman for Tuesday as well.

It’s always a hard task after a mid-week CL qualifier, so GVB will need to mix it up. Gio will have an eye on next week’s crucial match with PSV. Who is rested for today likely to be playing midweek. It would be nice to go 3 or 4 up by 60 minutes, then make changes. 3 points for us is all that matters, no injuries and no red cards.

Let's get it in early - the game lasts for 90+ minutes. Not 15 or 25 but 90+

Does GvB make changes ahead of PSV, or is todays team the one that starts against PSV? There's arguments for both approaches.

Let's get it in early - the game lasts for 90+ minutes. Not 15 or 25 but 90+

Does GvB make changes ahead of PSV, or is todays team the one that starts against PSV? There's arguments for both approaches.
I think our key players need more game time, so as close to Tuesday as possible,

I'd make a few changes but keep the 4-1-4-1 type formation from Tuesday.

McGregor to get 90 minutes to keep him sharp (the way we always seemed to play McLaughlin in these games in previous seasons), plus starts for Davies, Yilmaz and Morelos who all need game time.

I'd rest Kent and only bring him on if needed, and give Sakala a chance to show he still has a place here.

If all goes to plan, give the likes of Jack, Kamara, Matondo, Colak and Lowry time off the bench.

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz

Lundstram

Wright
Lawrence
Tillman
Sakala

Morelos
Was going to post the exact same team.

Kent didn’t look 100% fit the other night. I’d be giving him a rest today ahead of Tuesday.

I’d start Sakala in his place as his best position is clearly RW, and St Johnstone at home is his bread and butter.

Maybe harsh to drop Colak however a fit Morelos gives us a better chance of beating PSV. His hold up play in the away leg could be invaluable.

Tuesday showed what we need to do to beat the low block, against a team who are significantly better at implementing it than the likes of St Johnstone.

Same sort of approach today and I reckon we'll give them an absolute doing.

13-0 Rangers.

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz

Lundstram
Lawrence
Tillman

Matondo
Colak
Kent

In truth, we are likely to see the likes of Kamara, Davis, Wright and Arfield feature to some degree in the games against against PSV and they are all a bit short on gametime. We won't start all of them but I expect all of them to feature at some point today and next weekend.

A wee heads up to those using subway it seems only one circle running due to a broken down train,may change but that is situation at moment.

Another clean sheet, run outs for Davis, Davies, Morelos and some decent time for Matondo and no injuries will do for me.

Don’t want to make too many changes early on in the season but think it’s a perfect game for Yilmaz to get minutes behind him.

Davis will probably come in too

Fingers crossed for the win today. Won't be watching as Internet speed is crap. But will check scores when I wake up.

Back