MOTM Poll Rangers v St Liege - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
I think we will end up winning by a couple of goals tonight but I am seriously not comfortable with how dismissive some of the support are regarding our Euro opposition.

This is how we set ourselves up for angry posts on matchday threads and an evening of angry threads made by people who think Standard are some pub team.

This lot are more than capable of beating us home or away and will be looking at their missed chances in the first match, and that our goals were a penalty and a once in a lifetime shot in injury time. They'll be thinking they can beat us and then take their chances with a potentially already qualified Benfica at home.

I thought the game against Poznan was finely balanced and could have gone either way.
Standard will be a tougher challenge.

Hoping that home advantage will give us enough to win.

We should be looking to win tonight and I think it will be comfortable. Lech and Benfica have both beat them at home and scored 3 goals while doing that. I think people are overestimating Liege as they are on a run similar to Celtic just now.

Looking at the stats from their Euro games so far Standard really do give away a lot of chances.

We'll get a bunch of opportunities to score tonight. Probably more than against Benfica or Poznan so hopefully we can grab an early one and force them to chase the game giving us a good chance to get more.

I don't know about overestimating them though.

I'd say they will still fancy their chances tonight and will be boosted by the fact that on 90 minutes last week they were out of the competition and on 93 minutes they were right back in it.

I think we will end up winning by a couple of goals tonight but I am seriously not comfortable with how dismissive some of the support are regarding our Euro opposition.

This is how we set ourselves up for angry posts on matchday threads and an evening of angry threads made by people who think Standard are some pub team.

This lot are more than capable of beating us home or away and will be looking at their missed chances in the first match, and that our goals were a penalty and a once in a lifetime shot in injury time. They'll be thinking they can beat us and then take their chances with a potentially already qualified Benfica at home.

I thought the game against Poznan was finely balanced and could have gone either way.
Standard will be a tougher challenge.

Hoping that home advantage will give us enough to win.
They aren’t a pub team it’s just that we are in good form and playing at home against a team we should beat. In terms of the first game apart from hitting the bar I can’t remember them creating too many chances. People seem too forget we missed a lot of chances especially in the second half which should have finished the game before Roofes goal.

They aren’t a pub team it’s just that we are in good form and playing at home against a team we should beat. In terms of the first game apart from hitting the bar I can’t remember them creating too many chances. People seem too forget we missed a lot of chances especially in the second half which should have finished the game before Roofes goal.

I know. This overconfidence just feels like the build up to an extremely bad reaction when it becomes clear that Euro games are not easy to win.

Obviously the weather ruined that game for both teams for a decent chunk of the game so I think there is a bit of an unknown factor there.

I am very very cautiously confident.

Qualifying tonight by whatever means is vital. Standard are at home to Benfica in the last rubber and if the Portuguese have already qualified then they have little or no incentive in that game.

Tonight is a must do for me. C'mon the Gers.

SoRWSds.png
That home team are decent, I fancy them for the win

I am confident we will win tonight, however saying that, we always seem to make things hard on ourselves when it comes to the final hurdle.

Shagger

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic

Aribo Davis Kamara

Roofe Morelos Kent​

Quite happy if Arfield starts ahead of Aribo, anyone think there is an outside chance of Zungu?

from this and other threads the only difference in folks team prediction seems to centre around two from the following three, Arfield, Aribo and Roofe.

I honestly don’t know what our best starting eleven is but sometimes Gerrard flings in not so much as a curveball but a surprise. Like no Davis away to Standard.

Need to get the job done tonight. Don’t fancy an away trip to Poznań needing something from the game. 3-0 to the famous.

We never do things the easy way.
That's my concern
We do this season!

It’s obviously important we do t let our standards slip, especially after last season’s collapse but I think we all agree this years squad just looks and feels different.

Gerrard has improved us year on year and this finally feels like the real deal, the best Rangers side since the days of Walter Smith, but we have to start winning things to prove that.

I'm probably going against the grain here, but I'd happily settle for a draw tonight, The draw would guarantee qualification, but more importantly would keep up this seasons unbeaten run and the belief that goes with that run. :))

A win for us of any kind although I would like a clean sheet and a draw for Benfica puts us on top,Do me.

from this and other threads the only difference in folks team prediction seems to centre around two from the following three, Arfield, Aribo and Roofe.

I honestly don’t know what our best starting eleven is but sometimes Gerrard flings in not so much as a curveball but a surprise. Like no Davis away to Standard.
Think that would be more likely if Jack and if full strength team had played on Sunday against Falkirk.
However Zungu could come in, always a chance of Hagi too. The depth and quality of the squad is tremendous.

Getting to the tickly bit now, a win by any means will do.

But something tells me Roofe might just run riot tonight :))

Would be happy enough with a 1-0 win. While there are no easy games in Europe, Benfica were a much better team than Liege

Got a feeling this might be a bit feisty tonight, so hope we get the job done with minimal fuss and zero injuries.

Shagger

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic

Aribo Davis Kamara

Roofe Morelos Kent​

Quite happy if Arfield starts ahead of Aribo, anyone think there is an outside chance of Zungu?
Would be very surprised.

I think your team will be pretty close but I suspect Arfield starts (probably in place of Aribo).

Is Aribo fit?

Looking forward to getting this game over and done with as I keep saying the (new) word ‘standardt’ to myself over and over.

Would like a look at Zungu starting and dropping passes in behind their back 5 for our lads to exploit. His forward passing is potentially game changing

Would like a look at Zungu starting and dropping passes in behind their back 5 for our lads to exploit. His forward passing is potentially game changing

I wouldn't in such a pivotal game for the group. A sub for Davis if he tires yes. Poznan might be a better time to play Zungu

This has the makings of a good match. They to win so may come to play proper football. If they do we will win and get through to the next rounds.

Think this will be a much more difficult game than some think but if we are at the top of our game we should win. Just do it bears a win for us and Poznan would be perfect but as long as we win that will do me.

If fit and ready enough, I'd certainly have Aribo in instead of Arfield.

Just want to get the job done tonight and seal qualification. I'm not wanting to go to Poznan having to get a result.

If fit and ready enough, I'd certainly have Aribo in instead of Arfield.

Just want to get the job done tonight and seal qualification. I'm not wanting to go to Poznan having to get a result.

Arfield has been outstanding so far this season so I'd have no complaints if he started.

Any win will do. Beers chilled nicely in fridge for hopefully another big step for us and another humping for the mentally challengeds

Arfield has been outstanding so far this season so I'd have no complaints if he started.
No complaints, but i just love watching Aribo's passing and movement and his ability to run at a defence. Creativity wise, he gives us more.

We really need a win tonight after 2 draws that should have been wins.

Set the tone again like we did in the first 2 games.
At least there's a wee stretch of class between opponents (theoretically, I know Benfica quarantines come into it).

Back