Match Thread Rangers v Stranraer - 19:45 Friday - Premier 1

My only word of caution re Nathan.

i was in Paris v PSG in late 2001.

A young Maurice Ross was one of the best, if not the best players on the park that night. :))

Couple of points so far:

- Should be 15 minutes time added on if we are using "Celtic time" given how much time the goalie is wasting

- Beaton is giving us nothing. Aribos shot went out for a corner and he gave a goal kick.

So far it’s working for them and if they manage to get a free kick in our half they’ve got a chance to score.

I’d say the Stranraer XI are enjoying this and dreaming now of producing a result.

We need to score here because with every minute they’ll be getting more confident.
They’ve been absolutely no threat whatsoever. Be dreaming alright... dreaming if they think they have any chance of scoring here.

My only word of caution re Nathan.

i was in Paris v PSG in late 2001.

A young Maurice Ross was one of the best, if not the best players on the park that night. :))

He’s not even playing that well. Three times he’s had a lot of time to cross the ball in and they’ve been sent in aimlessly with no whip.

He needs to spend a good month training with Borna to learn how to put them in with whip and power.

Benefit of the doubt with them having had very limited game time but Jones and Halliday offering zilch so far.

Aribo and Patterson on the other hand are looking very good.

The one time that Stranraer have players up the park and we take an age to get forward :oops:

Similar to Maurice Ross, remember Bob Malcolm and Darren Cole’s first games where we thought they would be world beaters? Or Kyle Hutton? Let’s not put any pressure on the lad yet! No bloody wonder our youths never really make it with us when we have such high expectations after 20 minutes!

Beaton allowed that by not booking the previous one.

That’s a red. Tried to do Halliday, and succeeded.

Back