Rangers Women Season 21/22

Interesting - she's more or less an ever present for India so I thought would have made the cut and the appeals panel was in place this summer with the Home Office.

Interestingly the Home Office appeals panel has been removed meaning non UK players coming to our Leagues will very likely be refused. The bar will be set UK wide, meaning it will be in line with the WSL. Bad news for clubs wanting to recruit here, the top players simply wont come to play in Scotland.

i think if it is permit based, its down to the lack of playing time with us

Still there I believe but she was miles short of the standard even last season. She wouldn't get a game at any of the top 4 and had a permanently bemused look any time she played.
Poor recruitment.
I'm sure she was number 10 last season. Just found it strange McCoy now has that number and Devi has been nowhere to be seen

Until some decent Female Goalies come along it will remain amateurish with some ridiculous scores. In England forwards have got wise to the standard of goalkeeping and shoot from distance. Or for the Women‘s game slightly smaller Goals?

Does anyone else think our tactics are not that great? Our fullbacks are strong and so most of our play comes down the flanks - fair enough, except that we aren’t strong in the air when crosses come through so it’s rare for anyone to get on the end of one.
Our other tactic is for the defenders to try the deep pass from the back which generally runs through to the keeper.
I‘d like to see us learning to play through the midfield more and work towards short, sharp one two type passes on the deck.

Does anyone else think our tactics are not that great? Our fullbacks are strong and so most of our play comes down the flanks - fair enough, except that we aren’t strong in the air when crosses come through so it’s rare for anyone to get on the end of one.
Our other tactic is for the defenders to try the deep pass from the back which generally runs through to the keeper.
I‘d like to see us learning to play through the midfield more and work towards short, sharp one two type passes on the deck.
100% mate was thinking the exact same. Not clicking at the mo

Time for Malky to go. Strong team with good players, but no tactics. Every game where the long ball is played, the team struggle, and get beat on the counter.

In spite of putting in a great ball for the first goal, I'm still not convinced that Brogan should be played as a number 10. She did go back out wide afterwards, thankfully.
Always out wide, it’s where she does her best work when she goes running at people and using her quick feet, been the same since she was a kid.

A good win earlier. Just wish we could make possession count more! We're still so wasteful in the final 3rd. Should have been about 8-0 v Motherwell. Thought Brogan was sharp all game and she should have scored. The young pair that came on gave a good account of themselves. Some pass that for Arnots goal. Just hope we can get the win on Sunday now

Went to Accies v Hibs last night and cant quite understand how Rangers only beat Hibs 1-0.
Accies were unlucky not to get a point last night.

Accies ended up down to 10 players with 10 minutes to go having made their 3 sub stops and a striker going injured. Hibs were running the ball into corners to see the match out! Very underwhelmed by them and a lack of depth in their sqaud.

Gutted to hear that especially with the tims playing them in the semi final. I watched our game v Hibs and we made heavy weather of it. Annoyingly the Celtic women scraped a draw with hibs with a late goal iirc. Sad to hear they've regressed since then

What's happening with Emma Brownlie? Is she injured or just not good enough? Arnth, Bell, Kerr and Howat are the only injuries I can think of

In my opinion she’s nowhere near good enough.

Not sure if she’s injured right now though.
Yeah from what I've seen of her she is not up to the standard we need now. She was good when we were at the level we were before the womens investment. Is she the only one left from that time? I know gemmel was another from that time until she retired

Yeah from what I've seen of her she is not up to the standard we need now. She was good when we were at the level we were before the womens investment. Is she the only one left from that time? I know gemmel was another from that time until she retired
She was part of the new investment into the club as well. Good pedigree but she never really progressed when she moved down south in my opinion.

Gemmell and Hay are the only two I can think of that were there before the investment really started, I could be missing someone glaringly obvious though.

She was part of the new investment into the club as well. Good pedigree but she never really progressed when she moved down south in my opinion.

Gemmell and Hay are the only two I can think of that were there before the investment really started, I could be missing someone glaringly obvious though.
That's right. I thought she had been here a while but I see it was 2019 she signed. I cant remember Hay been there before the investment. Just hope she sticks around. As far as I know shes a Celtic fan and I'm always suprised they havent came in for her, especially now they are a pro set up as well

That's right. I thought she had been here a while but I see it was 2019 she signed. I cant remember Hay been there before the investment. Just hope she sticks around. As far as I know shes a Celtic fan and I'm always suprised they havent came in for her, especially now they are a pro set up as well
Yeah I’m sure she moved there in 17 or 18 due to lack of opportunity at Glasgow City.

She is but I don’t think she has any intention of going there, when I spoke to her last she said she can’t imagine a better place to be playing her football than at Rangers due to the professionalism and set up that they have in place.

Just hope with the news of the losses released in the accounts earlier that they dont decide to make cuts to the womens squad

Vignal basically bounced everyone except Gemmel and Hay at the end of the 2019 season.

Just hope with the news of the losses released in the accounts earlier that they dont decide to make cuts to the womens squad
I think it could well be an option. My closest friend's daughter plays for a SPL side, and apparently one our players is on £80k per year, with a number on £50k. With minimal revenue coming in from their games it's difficult to justify such an outlay.

Back